"Airport Transfer Services" on WDW Website

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
Under the "Ground Transportation" there's a category for Airport Transfer Services. Does anyone know if once you select one of those services is it round trip or each way? Also do they collect your luggage or do we have to wait and collect our luggage and seek them out in the outdoor parking area? Finally, is there flexibility on departure day - for example MDE would pick up 3 hours prior. If we use one of these services, can we get picked up just say 2 hours prior instead?

TIA!

Where are you seeing this? All I'm aware of is the free Disney's Magical Express bus.

I can't find it either.

I see that you were told to come to this specific forum for more info, but we have to know where you're seeing this, just like the Resorts board people did. Do you have a link?

When you price out a vacation and select by "ground transportation" "add ground" then select "airport transfer services"

Attachments

• IMG_2314.PNG
    IMG_2314.PNG
    129.6 KB · Views: 26
Hope that clarifies - I do know it's extra but it's not clear if it's only one way or both ways. And pick up location etc

Andddd I just answered my own question and didn't see fine print - :laughing:

Lol, 10-4! FWIW, we use Tiffany Town Car service if you're looking for a non-DME option. We loved DME but grew tired of it taking so long from airport to resort and then three hour pickup home.

Last edited:
Lol, 10-4! FWIW, we use Tiffany Town Car service if you're looking for a non-DME option. We loved DME but grew tired of it taking so long from airport to resort and then then three hour pickup home.

That's the exact reason for me too - rather get to the airport and get the show on the road - waiting a year will be long enough :goodvibes

Lol, 10-4! FWIW, we use Tiffany Town Car service if you're looking for a non-DME option. We loved DME but grew tired of it taking so long from airport to resort and then then three hour pickup home.

How late did you leave prior to your flight home from resort?

How late did you leave prior to your flight home from resort?

For Tiffany, they pick up 2 hours before departure, which is perfect in my book.

I've always booked the SUV and we've had the same driver for all but one trip. He's become part of our trips!

Also just FYI, Tiffany (and I'm assuming most car services) pick you up by baggage claim for your arrival. The driver will likely be at the bottom of the escalator as you go down to that level holding a sign with your name on it. The driver can help you once your luggage arrives if you need it. Car service drivers have a special parking level that's one level down and not far at all. Very short walk and you don't even have to go outside. It's one of the best setups for private drivers I've seen, just so convenient. I sometimes travel with just DS so I appreciate the extra set of hands with luggage (since DS is no help!).

We usually sign up for DME but don't use it everytime. The last trip 7/2015 a trip from YC to MCO via taxi was about $65 with tip. Round-trip is cheaper than any car service we have seen. But we don't use the 30 minute trip to a store either.

For Tiffany, they pick up 2 hours before departure, which is perfect in my book.

Whereas WE are waking in the door of any airport at that time. So even when we have a rental car we leave at DME time. MCO especially can be atrocious in terms of randomly huge lines, and we have little interest in missing a flight. (Unless we want to be bumped for some reason but then we are getting there earlier!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter