• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

The shell offer for fuel disappeared for me as well and the 20X instore popped up. Of course we will need to fill Frederick up because we are FINALLY going to see Arthur, at least I got the fill-up monthly offer for the first time in over a year.

I sent a request to the Personal Shopper team for After Hours Magic Kingdom event on Leap Day and we're 259 miles shy! Gas this weekend will give 50 miles, we're planning on doing several $30 giftcards from Dollarama to get some quick miles, making a few online orders (trying desperately to put together one order for $100 to get those miles) I don't want the quote to expire and then be higher in 2 weeks. I looked into the cost to buy miles and it's 0.30/mile with a minimum of 100 at a time so that's an option I suppose.
You could try some air miles receipts. I picked up 16 air miles for two chocolate bars from Metro two for $7.00. They did not post immediately. Put an inquiry posted overnight. Siggi yogourt is on sale at Metro for $5.49 this week and worth 15 air miles with air miles receipts.

DANG! The prizes for the suitcase drop are nuts! You could earn 1 single mile OR a fifteen THOUSAND Dollar Metro gift card o_O

Check out the list of prizes, about 3/4 of the way thru this massive amount of fine print
Carousel of Dreams Contest Rules
I know I know WOW
jracer22.jpg
Region #4 Ontario Only

This would be my dream prize
Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal+ Cordless Vacuum
OR
50,000 AIR MILES Reward Miles courtesy of BMO Bank of Montreal

Last edited:

I hate when air miles takes miles out of my account! I just checked it and it is down 40 miles and I can't see where they clawed them back from. Now I have to do a live chat and beg and plead and prove I am not trying to steal the world to get them back.

Edit to add: Well, so glad I did a PDF of my 2023 transactions. The rep was telling me staples had finally reversed my miles on a return from Nov 24. I went back to compare my transactions from now and then, I could see that they hadn't reversed them prior to Dec 31 2023.

Last edited:
Off topic - Does anyone on here have one of those Stanley H2.0 Quencher tumblers? Do you recommend?
I want to get the 20oz one our trip to DR.

urgh stop messing with my head shell!! We're heading to see Arthur tomorrow, Fredrick will need a big gulp at some point and now I need to decide how to maximize my return.

tank is 35 L and we all know that means nearly impossible to get more than 31 in at one fill-up. Next fill-up will give us 50 miles as the 2nd of 3. Car gets wickedly good milage (gonna miss driving a standard for this reason) so it's doubtful we will hit the 3rd this month. I think we'll fill up, get the 50 and then on Monday I'll top up the tank to get a few extra miles as well.

urgh stop messing with my head shell!! We're heading to see Arthur tomorrow, Fredrick will need a big gulp at some point and now I need to decide how to maximize my return.

tank is 35 L and we all know that means nearly impossible to get more than 31 in at one fill-up. Next fill-up will give us 50 miles as the 2nd of 3. Car gets wickedly good milage (gonna miss driving a standard for this reason) so it's doubtful we will hit the 3rd this month. I think we'll fill up, get the 50 and then on Monday I'll top up the tank to get a few extra miles as well.
Don't forget to buy V-power so you get 1 mile for every 10L! So if you earn 3 miles for your 30L that will be 120 miles!

Don't forget to buy V-power so you get 1 mile for every 10L! So if you earn 3 miles for your 30L that will be 120 miles!
our car actually shouldn't use that fuel, specifically mentions in the manual to use "regular" for best performance. Not even going to pretend I know (or care for that matter 🤪) why but it saves us money in the long run so we're good with that. Bottom line on the receipt still is the most important in our household and needs to be followed to meet my criteria of not buying anything simply to get miles/ points/ rewards of any kind.

I noticed that our Mastercard statement comes before my personal shopper quote expires so we'll be fine on that!

Off topic - Does anyone on here have one of those Stanley H2.0 Quencher tumblers? Do you recommend?
I want to get the 20oz one our trip to DR.
LOL…DD has one. She LOVES it and takes it everywhere. Loves it so much she gave several of them as Christmas gifts. Drinks actually stay cold or hot for many hours. It will keep ice over night.

I refer to it as her emotional support tumbler.

You get them from Well.ca for a good price.

our car actually shouldn't use that fuel, specifically mentions in the manual to use "regular" for best performance. Not even going to pretend I know (or care for that matter 🤪) why but it saves us money in the long run so we're good with that. Bottom line on the receipt still is the most important in our household and needs to be followed to meet my criteria of not buying anything simply to get miles/ points/ rewards of any kind.

I noticed that our Mastercard statement comes before my personal shopper quote expires so we'll be fine on that!
DH is in the auto biz. We have many times had the gas conversation. Without getting technical, it’s basically all the same now. Even if it wasn’t, one tank of premium in your car would do nothing.

LOL…DD has one. She LOVES it and takes it everywhere. Loves it so much she gave several of them as Christmas gifts. Drinks actually stay cold or hot for many hours. It will keep ice over night.

I refer to it as her emotional support tumbler.

You get them from Well.ca for a good price.
Yes, I found them there. There is a nice green colour that "Coming Soon" that put my email in for notification. I think the 20oz was $38.99, but I will use for my coffee as well. Resort has a coffee shop like Starbucks so I will get good use of it.

@dancin Disney style Can you ask her about the size of the straw? Is it a bit wider, almost like a smoothie-size straw?

Last edited:
Yes, I found them there. There is a nice green colour that "Coming Soon" that put my email in for notification. I think the 20oz was $38.99, but I will use for my coffee as well. Resort has a coffee shop like Starbucks so I will get good use of it.

@dancin Disney style Can you ask her about the size of the straw? Is it a bit wider, almost like a smoothie-size straw?
It’s is a fat straw. She has the giant one though…I want to say 40oz. The size she has is over $60 on Well.
If you are only getting it for resort use I would recommend getting a Bubba instead. You can get them at Canadian Tire for under $20. There is also the Contigo from Costco in a 2 pack for around $38. I mention cheaper options because if you put Stanley down somewhere he will be stolen in a hot minute. Second, you won’t need your drink to stay cold for 8 hours as should be long gone by then.

OT for my ticket experts.
Wife and I are finally having a solo trip, no kids. Going down for 5 nights. Now with the Can promo 5 days are cheaper then 4. We have some old 5 day Can promo good till 2030 still. If we have to use 5 days and one is a half day on either end coming or going, better to buy new or use old? or does it even matter?

Do you want park hoppers? Are your non expiring park hoppers?

Who knows what is going to happen in the world. Would you be OK knowing you had unused tickets and could never use them. I've started using up my points/AM/money on accout with Disney as it's better to have used it than to lose it.

Down the road you may decide you really want 7 or 10 day tickets. Upgrading those old 5 day tickets (good till 2030) may be cost prohibitive.

Use them now and have low cash outflow trip. Just my thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter