Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I headed to Sobey's today. I had a couple of Oikos coupons that expired today, and since the yogurt was on sale, it made sense to go today rather than wait. I ended up with just 2 meal deals-my freezer is FULL and those garlic breads are HUGE-, 1 breakfast deal, AM on the yogurt and fruit cups, so 214 AM on about $55 worth of food, not all getting AM. Now, if the Jays could win today, my day is complete.

Dropped a little care package off for my sister, let's just say she has 400 airmiles worth of sausages
and garlic bread in her freezer.
Hugs Mel

Hahaha! Good job! ;)
I'm tempted to go back and get more because the sausages were pretty good. We got the turkey ones and we all liked them. I put two of the garlic bread packs in the freezer. They are too big to go through another one this week.

A few more miles have posted here and there, and now I am exactly 10 miles short of that Disney ticket.:rolleyes:
I did two surveys yesterday and those usually post pretty quick, so I am hoping to hit 3550 tomorrow. If not, I am waiting for 800 airmiles to post on Thursday.

What did you forget about the beans,,,you can have mine
LOL
Actually I kept them because someone mentioned making Chilli and I recall a friend of mine uses these type of beans in her chilli and it tasted quite good.
Somehow I always get roped into organizing the United Way fundraiser at my work ,,,,,maybe chilli would be a good menu item?
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
YEAH!!!
I logged into airmiles this morning and I am Onyx!
Gotta love popsicles, iced coffee and sausages.
Will I get new cards like this?
onyx_card.jpg

Hugs Mel

I did two surveys yesterday and those usually post pretty quick, so I am hoping to hit 3550 tomorrow. If not, I am waiting for 800 airmiles to post on Thursday.
What are the surveys? How does one go about doing surveys? This is something new to me that I have not heard about. :)

Whenever I use my shiny black Onyx card, vendors are like "ooooh, you're onyx level!" and seem so impressed LOL

Cool,,usually they call another cashier for duty when I do the spend $30.00 get 50 airmiles at Rexall as I kind of do multiple purchases with a calculator,,LOL
I was reading the U.O.Pass thread and was interested in how to upgrade (two day park to park) and cost involved in Universal Orlando tickets,,thanks for post info on this. I am trying to convince my family to do a "Dark Side" only trip in 2018.
Hugs Mel

Whenever I use my shiny black Onyx card, vendors are like "ooooh, you're onyx level!" and seem so impressed LOL
Cool,,usually they call another cashier for duty when I do the spend $30.00 get 50 airmiles at Rexall as I kind of do multiple purchases with a calculator,,LOL
Hugs Mel
And when i whip out my targeted coupons at Rexall i get a double take from a few cashiers .. "how did you get THESE??" I always spend an inordinate amount of time wandering the aisles with Kindle --you know for the calculator for the hard-of-seeing -- and multiple coupons spread everywhere. Last week i heard "security scan section B" and soon after heard a familiar voice "OH MY GAWD it's just YOU!" Cashier wandered back to the front and in a stage whisper "just ignore her, she's our die-hard Airmile hunter"

Love our black cards -- makes me feel bizarrely powerful :P

With regards to the American Express bonus 2000 AM deal, does anyone know how long you need to keep the card active once you get your miles?

So went to Wasaga beach today, and yes there is a Foodland there. Go in anyway for chicken meal deal for parking pass to Ontario Parks. Well picked up 2,$150 GC since only picked up 3 the other day. Cashier said ring them in first so to pay for the chicken, I chuckelled and said that I have a couple to pay with for the whole bill anyway. Rang everything up, pulled out my 2 cards from before and paid with them no issue.
Thank you Foodland, all 5 cards extra 1000AM plus what will be bought with them.

So went to Wasaga beach today, and yes there is a Foodland there. Go in anyway for chicken meal deal for parking pass to Ontario Parks. Well picked up 2,$150 GC since only picked up 3 the other day. Cashier said ring them in first so to pay for the chicken, I chuckelled and said that I have a couple to pay with for the whole bill anyway. Rang everything up, pulled out my 2 cards from before and paid with them no issue.
Thank you Foodland, all 5 cards extra 1000AM plus what will be bought with them.

So you paid for your 2 new gift cards using the gift cards you picked up last week? Way to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter