Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Speaking of road trips. Does anyone in the gta area, Sorry Ottawamom, want to meet for drinks or coffee and chat Disney and Airmiles?
We are a few hours away. We do head into Toronto sometimes but have no plans to in the next little while. I'll post when we do though! Would be nice to chat with other airmiles/Disney enthusiasts .:)

Is going to be a great air miles week! Foodland is offering a gc special. 200 am for $150 gift card. And the great thing is that gc can be used at Sobeys and Fresh Co. as well. Plus I like their orange juice deal (buy 4 @3.49 and get 75 miles). These offers plus others in Sobeys and metro mean I'm going to be well over 1000 am this week. Weeeeeeee!
Woohoo! This worked out well for us last time. Foodland is our local store, and I bought 2. Thinking I'll buy 3 or 4 this time!

Just thinking this GC comes at a great time. I do the office lotto pool and every ten weeks its $150. Noramally I buy the tickets at PetroCan and get the discount on fuel. This time I will use them at Sobeys and then everyone will be buying my AM bonus points for me..hehe,,shh

And another 27 miles just posted for an LCBO survey (don't remember that one) and another airmiles survey. Today is an airmiles Bonanza !

Speaking of road trips. Does anyone in the gta area, Sorry Ottawamom, want to meet for drinks or coffee and chat Disney and Airmiles?
Hubby works 2 days a month (or so next trip isn't till Oct 4-5)and we always turn it into a mini-getaway by staying the night between. I spend the 2 days wandering around on the PATH or in the Bay (we turn our points into AM naturally) so I'd be willing to add something like this!

Speaking of getaways AM has added a new feature to their travel planning and you can now earn AM at hotels that don't normally give them if you book them thru a special portal. I'm looking at the Pearson offerings for when we head south in January and the ALT is included. Same price PLUS 120 AM woot!

BUT WAIT .. for a lark i plugged in Lake Beuna Vista for dates this year and they have CBR for $226.47/night CANADIAN funds plus 30 AM/night! Same date on the Disney site once i use a currency exchange comes in at the same price .. BUT there will be no foreign transaction fee (which i hate). Same rate shows up on Hotels.com and that would count towards my stay 10 get 1 free so this is interesting to consider for my extra nights needed!

OH the link for this (it was a tad tricky to find it) https://travelhub.airmiles.ca/

OT but want to say just clicked on Mels links, you are very talented. Great job those coupons are neat, never thought of this. You should trade people AM for your work.

I haven't been able to get any WDW hotels, other than the Swan and Dolphin, to pop up yet for our dates, but Cabana Bay at US is coming up for me at 160 bonus AM.

I'm pretty sure it's just the noted amount of air miles, not per night.
OOPS you caught my "i better edit that" but didn't actually get around to doing it cause we were on the run to Listen Up to earn our 300 Am errr get our hearing tested :P
You're correct it is a one time only shot

I haven't been able to get any WDW hotels, other than the Swan and Dolphin, to pop up yet for our dates, but Cabana Bay at US is coming up for me at 160 bonus AM.
There's been discussion on the resorts boards about this -- it seems NONE of the 3rd party sites are showing ANY Disney hotels past December 31st and no speculation as to when they will. I had plugged in our January dates and found the same as you but when i tried a November date is when i found all the Disney hotels appearing. I'll still have to weigh the value of the offered AM versus the free hotel nights that Hotel.com offers

I am loving my Posty today. 1st they put the mail early in the superbox, 2nd the put in my luggage tags for Sept trip, 3rd they put in our Wonderland tickets. WHOO HOO. Still cant believe 1AM per ticket. Too bad only limit of 2, would have scored big on that. And its not on the site anymore.:rolleyes:
But for all our east coast friends,,,
NSLC Port of Festival of Wines Tickets - ONYX Exclusive Offer - September 23 - 24, 2016 only 1 AM limit 2 tickets,
good luck

OT but want to say just clicked on Mels links, you are very talented. Great job those coupons are neat, never thought of this. You should trade people AM for your work.

O/T
Hi mort1331
Thanks I appreciate your kind words.
I make and personalize them for free down on the Creative DIS DISign board but I am taking a break till the end of Sept. I kind of hibernate in Sept --exhausted from going back to work.
This past week I have set up a new Etsy shop where I sell stuff-- look in my signature. I am slowly adding a bunch of stuff I've made.
I was looking for clip art to make something a few weeks ago and I found one of my designs being sold on Ebay,,:mad::mad: so instead of getting mad I decided to join the club. I have six more things to add to it. I'd love anyone's reviews of my little shop. I am not asking anyone to buy anything just fellow Disney Canadian opinions.
Thanks
Hugs Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter