Airmiles Armchair Chatter

And I found the offers to be better for me this time lol. I might be able to do 2 shops on Friday.

Questions for all the AM whiz's...Now that the BMO AM cc is doing 2x the miles...if I'm reading things correctly, it is 2x the base miles?

Yes, just the base miles. I have the BMO World Elite Air Miles Mastercard and get 1 mile for every $10 charged, plus the Priority Pass Membership, Travel Insurance, etc for around $120 a year.

Given that AM now offers the same ratio on their "free" card (at certain stores anyway) I am beginning to wonder why I have the Elite card. They reduced the discount of flights, I have travel insurance on my Costco card and the Priority Pass, while a nice perk, isn't really necessary. I'm just questioning whether the discount on flights will offset the cost of the card each year.

Is the 2AM for $20 spend a permanent thing or is it a limited time offer? That might be a deal breaker.

Given that AM now offers the same ratio on their "free" card (at certain stores anyway) I am beginning to wonder why I have the Elite card. They reduced the discount of flights, I have travel insurance on my Costco card and the Priority Pass, while a nice perk, isn't really necessary. I'm just questioning whether the discount on flights will offset the cost of the card each year.

Is the 2AM for $20 spend a permanent thing or is it a limited time offer? That might be a deal breaker.
Its supposed to be permanent. I will say though, the 2 AM for the $20 spend is only on purchases made at a AM sponsor. Most of my AMs from my MC do not, in fact, come from AM shops. Most of mine come from everyday purchases and automatic payments so take a moment and see just exactly how many of your purchases do actually come from the sponsors. You may be surprised. For me, using last months MC statement, I earned 751 AM. Out of that my spend at AM sponsors totalled $57 (at Rexall) So, I would have lost 370 AM to gain an extra 5 AM.
This is all going to be an individual thing however I know I'm best with the Elite card.

Its supposed to be permanent. I will say though, the 2 AM for the $20 spend is only on purchases made at a AM sponsor. Most of my AMs from my MC do not, in fact, come from AM shops. Most of mine come from everyday purchases and automatic payments so take a moment and see just exactly how many of your purchases do actually come from the sponsors. You may be surprised. For me, using last months MC statement, I earned 751 AM. Out of that my spend at AM sponsors totalled $57 (at Rexall) So, I would have lost 370 AM to gain an extra 5 AM.
This is all going to be an individual thing however I know I'm best with the Elite card.

The Duck to the rescue with the fine print! It looks like it is just a limited time offer. The blue lettering will take you directly to the FAQs but the red is the timeline info

2. If I have a BMO SPC AIR MILES Card, will I get this benefit?

Yes, Collectors who own a BMO SPC AIR MILES Mastercard and BMO SPC Affinity AIR MILES Mastercard cards will receive the new accelerator feature on a promotional offer basis from May 16, 2018 to April 30, 2019.

The Duck to the rescue with the fine print! It looks like it is just a limited time offer. The blue lettering will take you directly to the FAQs but the red is the timeline info

2. If I have a BMO SPC AIR MILES Card, will I get this benefit?

Yes, Collectors who own a BMO SPC AIR MILES Mastercard and BMO SPC Affinity AIR MILES Mastercard cards will receive the new accelerator feature on a promotional offer basis from May 16, 2018 to April 30, 2019.
Take this with a grain of salt because my sources aren't always right however I believe this offer is ongoing for regular MC. That's what I'm hearing anyways but you know your self, you talk with two different people you get two different answers. The SPC card is a student card and they often get offers that expire at the end of the school year and then need to look for other options such as switching to a regular MC. SPC gives them discounts on things geared to students and is not supposed to be kept beyond their graduations. That would explain the end of April expiry date. Of course BMO has the option, and has used such options, to switch up their programs any time they wish so really, who knows.

Time to update the flyer links in the first post and provide my weekly musings, done & done!
Sobeys

Urban Fresh Flyer

• Anco Gouda or Havarti cheese $4.79 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Bakers chocolate squares $4.49 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Cool whip $3.49 buy 2 get 8 AM
  • and WOW, that's it!
Atlantic Flyer
  • Ben's english muffins (struck me much funnier than it should --our son is Ben) 2/$5 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Cold Plates ???? from $2.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Christie crackers $2.49 buy 4 get 15 AM
  • Breton crackers $2.49 buy 5 get 25 AM
  • and a bunch of really BAD offers!
Western Flyer
  • Customer appreciation day Tuesday spend $50 get 20X base miles
  • Compliments grilled turkey or chicken $4.99 buy 2 get 20 AM
  • Hummus $3.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Oasis Juice 2/$7 buy 2 get 25 AM
  • Quaker rice crackers come with a built in math problem for the kiddies -3/$4.98 buy 5 get 30 AM (putting my thinking cap on you buy 15 for $24.90 get 90 AM ???)
  • Soft soap $2.49 buy 4 get 30 AM
  • Irish Spring or Soft Soap shower gel $3.49 buy 4 get 30 AM
  • Palmolive dish soap $2.49 buy 3 get 25 AM (looks like you get to really "clean up" this week !!)
  • previously mentioned Blue Friday --includes our semi-regular frozen treat offer!
  • Once again, spend $150 on booze get 150 AM
  • Surprise surprise you can check your blood glucose AGAIN and get 200 AM -- huhm, connected to the above offer maybe?? :P
Foodland Atlantic Flyer
  • WOW, brag much ?? They claim a massive amount of miles in the flyer -- 40!
  • Not ONE. SINGLE. MILE. comes from any deal that even reaches the 1:1 ratio!
Looks like a pretty grim week to me! A quick glance at the Rexall flyer (link for the Ontario flyer is up but hard to read yet) show the weekend threshold offer is spend $50 get 100 AM. Since that's the same as the email coupon will give me tomorrow I'm gonna hold off and hope that the no-longer targeted offer that show up Friday will be better!
Rexall Ontario Flyer

So happy that both accounts had the full amount post!! I'll only need to chase down the online shopping miles on both of them but this is AMAZING!

giphy.gif

Me too! I can finally check off the outstanding receivable on my spreadsheet. Odd that on my wife's account it has a little Mega Miles logo but mine says 'Courtesy of IGA'

No sign of Sobeys miles from the gift card offer

I also got the label ‘Courtesy of IGA’ for my Mega Miles. I still haven’t checked DH account

:banana::banana:YIPPEE! I got mine, too, which is perfect because I'm going to go get me some African Lion Safari tickets for my Grandson's birthday!

We used to love getting ALS tickets when our kids were younger!

Me too! I can finally check off the outstanding receivable on my spreadsheet. Odd that on my wife's account it has a little Mega Miles logo but mine says 'Courtesy of IGA'

I got mine as well! Not on my husband's account though. Maybe tomorrow. Also, no Sobey's miles. Wonder if people will have to fight for those.

Me too...missing the points from some offers but the bonus posted! Go figure!
Same here. I will get out the booklet with my receipts and notes to see what exactly I'm missing later today. I think there was an airmilesshop one that I didn't get.

I have both the mega miles logo and the courtesy of IGA.....so does my DD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter