Airmiles Armchair Chatter

The way I read it, it is four individual purchases. Says nothing about being from different merchants. Only says it must be merchants on that list.

I'm going to make 4 individual purchases of Starbucks e-cards and will do it one today, one tomorrow etc. I might get my DD to use my Amex to order from Amazon. She has Prime and orders for all her friends on a regular basis.....as in several times a week.
Oh, good idea! Whats the least amount you can get when you order the starbucks gift e-card online? I don't remember seeing a spend limit for the Amex offer.

So reading the rules for the Amex offer I see this.....

3. Each featured Amazon logo is a registered trademark of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Neither Amazon.com, Inc. nor any of its affiliates is a sponsor of this promotion. This message has not been sent by or on behalf of Amazon. Purchases must be made directly at Amazon.ca to be eligible for this offer. Purchases made through other third party websites using any Amazon payment service are not Eligible Qualifying Purchases

Does this mean we can not order our Amazon purchase through Air Miles? Any thoughts?
I'm thinking NOT because of the words i highlighted in your post --- in other words you can't go thru Paypal? I haven't convinced hubby to get around to loading the APP yet though so i don't know the answer to THIS question: Can you shop on-line directly thru the APP? If so i'll be doing it that way because there is no minimum purchase meaning if I order something that just meets the free shipping threshold ($25.00) I'll make 100 AM and i can't do that thru the AM shop!

Oh, good idea! Whats the least amount you can get when you order the starbucks gift e-card online? I don't remember seeing a spend limit for the Amex offer.
NOPE, that's the best part of this offer!

From the fine print on the website:

Qualifying Purchase(s) for this Offer: To be eligible for 100 AIR MILES Bonus Miles, make any purchase of goods or services, including shipping or additional charges, with your enrolled Card online at a participating Canadian merchant. There is no minimum spend requirement. The full list of participating Merchants is included at americanexpress.ca/soarintomore during the offer period. Each qualifying purchase will result in a bonus of 100 Bonus Miles (up to a maximum of 400 Bonus Miles).

*** i just looked and the lowest amount is $5.00 :D which makes the AM return pretty A-MAZ-ING

Thrifty Foods has a sp$100, get 150AM that ends today and Airmiles just sent me targeted Thrifty Foods coupons that start today! I managed to combine the sp100, get150 and a targeted s100, g125!

Total spent was $136.13 and I ended with 376 AM as well as saving over $65!

Just saw this in my email

View attachment 258214
I was just coming in to share this info! Question for other AMEX shoppers--- do you need to do the online shopping thru the App or just use your AMEX to pay for it? If we can do the shopping thru the AM portal some of the listed stores have bonus miles currently!
  • Indigo -- 3X
  • Canon -- 5X
  • Hudson Bay -- 2X
  • The Body Shop -- 10X
Then if you make 2 purchases you get the Bonus 150 from this offer you included. SO ... if i make 4 purchases over $20.00 I will get
  • 150 AM for shopping twice
  • 100 X 4 AM for the AMEX offer
That means for around $100.00 I will get at LEAST 550 AM plus whatever the offer at each store nets me :cool1:Anyone care to check my math?? :teacher:

i posted about this before but here's a timely reminder: indigo always has free shipping with a reasonable minimum (25$ i think?) BUT they also offer free shipping to one of their stores on any online offer. If you're looking for great air miles:cost ratios to maximize this AmEx offers, this could work basically the same as the low starbucks order idea.

I was just coming in to share this info! Question for other AMEX shoppers--- do you need to do the online shopping thru the App or just use your AMEX to pay for it? If we can do the shopping thru the AM portal some of the listed stores have bonus miles currently!

i don't have the app so i'm not positive, but i think you just need to make 4 online purchases. i'm basing this on the description wording: "you could earn up to 500 air miles by shipping online at participating merchants AND by logging into the app." so to me, the 100 bonus for logging into the app is separate from the 4x100 for online shopping trips.

i'm sure someone else will let us know if i'm missing something, but that's how i understand the offer! seems totally reasonable and like a nice little bonus!

So with the AMEX deal gift cards count as a purchase? Wonder if I can get a staples e-GC then turn around and use that for the airmiles shops offer. Hmmm...

i posted about this before but here's a timely reminder: indigo always has free shipping with a reasonable minimum (25$ i think?) BUT they also offer free shipping to one of their stores on any online offer. If you're looking for great air miles:cost ratios to maximize this AmEx offers, this could work basically the same as the low starbucks order idea.

So with the AMEX deal gift cards count as a purchase? Wonder if I can get a staples e-GC then turn around and use that for the airmiles shops offer. Hmmm...

YES i love that about Indigo except there is this little fine print line that i *think* might come into play?
Offer only valid on orders delivered in Canada. Offer not valid when purchasing online for in-store collection.

And for the gift cards .... I *think* it would work based on this fine print?

Qualifying Purchase(s) for this Offer: To be eligible for 100 AIR MILES Bonus Miles, make any purchase of goods or services, including shipping or additional charges, with your enrolled Card online at a participating Canadian merchant. There is no minimum spend requirement. The full list of participating Merchants is included at americanexpress.ca/soarintomore during the offer period. Each qualifying purchase will result in a bonus of 100 Bonus Miles (up to a maximum of 400 Bonus Miles).

I get easily confused with offers like this! I'm also still waiting on my bonus miles connected to the Mega Miles with Staples online shop :crazy2: so I'm not excited about
making THAT one of my purchases this time!

Hi Hon
I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that they are just updating the system. Hugs to you! I'm waiting on miles to be posted to get a pass also.
Hugs Mel
Hoping so too. I can't imagine they'd run out of all of them at the same time. Crossing my fingers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter