Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Thanks for starting the ball rolling on the Mega Miles promotion gang! It's pouring rain here and that doesn't help with the funk I'm in but i'm gonna push thru it for my fellow hunters. My plan is to update the first page with information regarding this event and might even start a thread dedicated to it *if* i can figure out how to link to specific posts within this thread!

For us, I've signed up for the MasterCard offer but not sure if we can do the 25 purchases or not -- if i end up doing a couple of sales each week at Rexall that should help but we don't really do a lot of shopping. Wonder if using my MC for each purchase on-line will count???
We don't go to Shell (out of the way and rarely can we squeeze that much fuel into our Fit)
Foodland only if they have any awesome Airmiles deals and to spend a minimum of $60.00 will be really hard for us (that tends to be a bust store for us!).
Rexall is easy-peasy to do a $25.00 sale.
LCBO -- don't drink and a $20.00 bottle of wine is too expensive to splash into stew :P
Staples -- might be able to squeeze a $45.00 sale in on-line to kill 2 birds with one stone (count towards that requirement)
Foodsaver.ca ??? really... uhm no--- now if you really want one, there's your on-line sale done (maybe?? it's not in the airmiles shop???)
Same with MARGARITAVILLE.ca ... not in the shop & $$$ it looks to me like ALL of the on-line coupons are for store not in the airmiles shop -- am I missing something here?
Pet store? We have a turtle ... yeah, $25.00 worth of food a year that we've already bought elsewhere
And so it goes for most of the offers .. most don't apply to us but will we try? You bet we will, i look it square in the eye as a challenge that i WILL beat :P

This information is probably on here somewhere already but just 2 quick questions. What are the current air miles needed for a 5 day ticket and 7 day (both kids and adult). And can I upgrade and add a day to these tickets?
HI! Yes, this thread has become a bit daunting and it will only be worse over the next month as we help each other reach the Mega Miles goals.
The current miles needed for 5 day tickets: Adult -- 2950 child --2850
The current miles needed for 7 day tickets: Adult --3250 child --3150

There is a whole thread dedicated to the Canadian discounted tickets and there is discussion around upgrading them and how confusing that has become
CDN discount tickets This link will take you to the page where discussion is happening about upgrading costs!

I'm in for Mega Miles - I'll use my BMO card everywhere this week and should get 25 small purchases in next 10 days or so. And I signed up for texture...it seemed like an easy win and texture also threw me a coupon when I registered so it's about $30 for 100 miles for the 4 month commitment. Staples, Rexall and Shell are easy peasy too. So about $30 I wouldn't have spent for 1350 AM is a good deal. ;)

I might also double up and use my shell GCs at the Airmilesshops this month lol

Thanks for starting the ball rolling on the Mega Miles promotion gang! It's pouring rain here and that doesn't help with the funk I'm in but i'm gonna push thru it for my fellow hunters. My plan is to update the first page with information regarding this event and might even start a thread dedicated to it *if* i can figure out how to link to specific posts within this thread!

Easy to link to specific posts! At the bottom right of every post is a #, just click the # and that takes you to a link for that specific post.

Example:

Post #4661 where you ask about how to link to specific posts is right here!

Well I originally thought this Mega Miles would not be for me but upon review I think I can make it work and only buy things I need or can use.
1. wine--friend's retirement party in June.*done*
2. Rexall-I needed stuff there anyway and it cost me $24.00 *done*.
3. Sobeys-use 95 cash airmiles for one transaction. Easy one for me.
4. Foodland-(Spend $60.00) I usually do one food shopping here per month depending on airmile deals.(I like their Prime Chicken).
5. Shell-Next fill up I will use shell.(Min 25L )*done*

I will be buying flowers so Rona spend $60.00 may be a backup option.
*****I would remind everyone doing the Mega Miles to keep their receipts***

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
For us it will be:
  • BMO Mastercard - we totally ARE spendy-pants ;) Well, that and the fact that we put EVERYTHING through the MC, so it should be no problem getting to 25 transactions.
  • Shell - not a problem
  • Rona - will be a bit of a stretch, but I am sure there is something we need there this month!
  • Foodsaver - I was just about out of rolls for mine, and with summer coming I do a lot of freezing.
  • Rexall
  • Airmiles shop - we should be good via Amazon and possibly Old Navy....
I can't believe that those of you back east get to use Airmiles for your booze :D

I have a question - we do not seem to get emails for coupons and promos? Nor do we get a coupon book in the mail? I just logged into our AM account, and I do have it selected to receive emails....
So, for instance, that Rexall coupon someone just posted above - we do not seem to get things like that? Does it come to you via AM or Rexall?
KC

I have a question - we do not seem to get emails for coupons and promos? Nor do we get a coupon book in the mail? I just logged into our AM account, and I do have it selected to receive emails....
So, for instance, that Rexall coupon someone just posted above - we do not seem to get things like that? Does it come to you via AM or Rexall?
KC
I checked my email. It's from Rexall:
noreply@notifications.rexall.ca

Interesting though, I get the Rexall coupon mid Monday morning (10:41 for this one) which is far too late in the morning to be useful.

Some get the coupon on Friday I think. That's super convenient to decide whether to shop the weekend promo or wait for midweek.

I'm curious to see if there are any Cash miles offers in the booklet for Sobeys or Lawtons. I don't remember ever seeing those before. Maybe I just bypassed them as I haven't had Cash miles prior to the STB promo.

KC
At times I've had to do a "hard reboot" to trigger my email offers to come up again .. go into your profile, opt out of offers, save your profile and then sign back in and opt in again (works for me but mileage may vary :P )

The current coupon book for the Mega Miles event won't come in the mail, you'll find it sitting at the cash counter of participating sponsors. Be sure to pick up at least 2 copies so you can attach one to every receipt on the chance you need to follow up once they are no longer showing on-line.

At times i get a heads up for the weekly coupon in my Friday email from Rexall and i'll post what it *should* be .. other times i don't get it until Monday morning. I get them around 8:30 (just checked the last month to confirm) but i'm a lazy-butt and am rarely sitting here till around 11 and the Kindle is too brain-dead to provide links :rolleyes1

I'm curious to see if there are any Cash miles offers in the booklet for Sobeys or Lawtons. I don't remember ever seeing those before. Maybe I just bypassed them as I haven't had Cash miles prior to the STB promo.
Someone said there are coupons for Sobeys in the booklet that's not showing on-line -- use 95 Cash Miles is one

Just opened yet another e-mail from Airmiles and found this gem! Since we'll be using this card exclusively during May, score another 160 AM
upload_2017-5-1_15-4-14.png

Just opened yet another e-mail from Airmiles and found this gem! Since we'll be using this card exclusively during May, score another 160 AM
View attachment 234731

Hmm, I very rarely get emails from BMO regarding bonus stuff. The last one I received was back in November for a promo that if you spent a certain amount you would receive bonus miles ($3000 = 800 miles, etc.). Luckily it was when my massive tuition payment was due, so I split my payment into four, received, 3200 bonus miles + the 1300 miles for the $13k charged to my MC. I am pretty sure I have not received a BMO airmiles special since then >:(
Maybe I am too big of a liability for taking advantage of the past offer??:ssst:

Just came back from my neighborhood Rexall, and the Mega Miles coupon didn't work for me either. When the cashier scanned the coupon, it said "not recognized". Not a biggie, because the Rexall is across the street from my office and I can go back any time, but when these promotions roll out it sure would be nice if Airmiles and Rexall could get their poop together.

Since the Mega Miles coupon didn't work, I handed her my spend $30 and get 50am emailed coupon, which worked. I am happy to say that the Load and go offer for the same amount worked finally!

Last edited:
View attachment 234731

I hope I have that email too. I just put down a deposit on a new car this morning. One transaction will take care of that.

My Rexall coupon didn't work either but the cashier put in a code so that I could get the extra AM anyway while I wait for them to work on a fix for the coupon.

Now I am definitely ready for Physio Therapy.......................:crutches:

They let me combine the Rexall spend 30 get 50 airmiles and the Mega Miles spend 25 get 15 bonus airmiles PLUS I used a 10,00 gift card from last weeks shop (sometimes it's nice to be considered a senior),so I spent $24.00 and I got 65 airmiles.
Hugs Mel

No load 'n go too? ;)

I'm going to go tomorrow and try all three coupons.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter