Airmiles Armchair Chatter

1716352253468.png

Terms & Conditions​

* Offer valid from 00:00:01 a.m. ET to 23:59:59 p.m. ET on. May 25, 2024, 2024 (“Offer Period”). To qualify, eligible collectors must click the “opt in” button in the offer invitation, the AIR MILES® App, or on airmiles.ca starting on May 22, 2024 and before the end of the Offer Period. 20x the Miles will only apply to Reward Miles™ earned during the Offer Period after the collector has opted in. At least 1 Reward Mile must be earned during the Offer Period from among the types of earn methods described below for the 20x the Miles to apply. Collector will only need to opt in once during the Offer Period. A maximum of 500 Miles can be earned per collector number in connection with this offer. All eligible Miles must be earned before 23:59:59 p.m. ET on May 25, 2024, and subsequently posted to your collector account. This multiplier offer can be combined with other offers. Please allow until June 24, 2024, for Miles earned in connection with this multiplier offer to be posted to your collector account. The following types of Miles earned will qualify for 20x the Miles: i) the standard base Reward Miles earned on qualifying purchases made at an eligible AIR MILES partner, before taxes and after exclusions. See www.airmiles.ca/en/offers/partners for a list of eligible partners (excluding the following Card Linked Offers: Boston Pizza, Dollarama, Dyson, Harry Rosen, Fresh Beauty, Sephora, HP, Peter & Paul's Gifts, Smash + Tess, La Vie en Rose, Bikini Village, Kernels, VIA Rail, Decathlon, Simons, LG Electronics) and each partner’s unique base offer purchase requirements and terms and conditions.AIR MILES card must be presented at time of purchase. Reward Miles earned on purchases at IHG® Hotels and Resorts are excluded. For greater certainty, Bonus Miles earned at partners in connection with time-limited bonus offers do not qualify for this offer; ii) the standard base Reward Miles earned on qualifying purchases made at eligible online stores through airmilesshops.ca, excluding shipping, handling, duty, and taxes. Click “Store Info” on an online store logo on airmilesshops.ca for more details. Collectors must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get Reward Miles and qualify for this offer. All online stores are subject to each brand’s unique base offer purchase requirements and terms and conditions, are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice at any time. This offer does not apply to purchases or signups made at the following online stores: Disney+, Wealthsimple, Amazon Music Unlimited (free trail offer), DAZN, Chef’s Plate, Goodfood, Factor, Hello Fresh, Uber, Uber Eats, Telus, Tiktok Business, and any travel online stores (including, but not limited to travel bookings, car rentals, and hotel stays). For greater certainty, Bonus Miles earned through airmilesshops.ca in connection with time-limited bonus offers do not qualify for this offer; iii) the standard base Reward Miles earned on qualifying purchases made through travel.airmiles.ca, before taxes and after exclusions. To get Miles through travel.airmiles.ca, see travel.airmiles.ca for terms and conditions. Only Cash bookings qualify. All eligible Miles must be earned before 23:59:59 p.m. ET on May 25, 2024. For greater certainty, Bonus Miles earned through travel.airmiles.ca in connection with time-limited bonus offers do not qualify for this offer; AIR MILES reserves the right to change or retract an offer at any time without prior notice, or to retract an offer for deceptive booking behaviour, including but not limited to creating multiple collector numbers and booking with intention of cancelling. AIR MILES reserves the right to offer a Reward Miles earn rate at an equivalent or greater value to all collectors. By participating in this offer you agree to the AIR MILES Terms of Use. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc.

Last edited:
From what I read about it being base miles only, and also the further addition of the wording that it cannot be used on any "time-limited bonus offers", my strong guess is that Air Miles Receipts won't count.

It also does NOT count any card-linked offers!

I believe it will give 20x base points on any qualifying purchases made AFTER you have opted in, so I do believe it should count all purchases made on the 25th, yes, even multiple times from the same place.
However - if someone sees differently please correct me!

Last edited:
From what I read about it being base miles only, and also the further addition of the wording that it cannot be used on any "time-limited bonus offers", my strong guess is that Air Miles Receipts won't count.

It also does NOT count any card-linked offers!

I believe it will give 20x base points on any qualifying purchases made AFTER you have opted in, so I do believe it should count all purchases made on the 22nd, yes, even multiple times from the same place.
However - if someone sees differently please correct me!
Wasn't it for the 25th?

• the offer is a one day only event on Saturday may 25th
  • must opt-in before 11:59 pm on May 25th
  • The 20x applies to BASE miles
  • You can earn up to 500 miles
  • You can earn thru multiple different partners (yes that means any number of online stores)
  • My take on this, if it's NOT in the list it's NOT Included- receipt and surveys
I'll pick up my surface and put a list of what I see is explicitly excluded and how we will be maxing out the offer. Need a chance to digest this.

Last edited:
Big caveat here gang, I don't have any connection to Airmiles, just an incredible amount of time on my hands and the desire to study fine-print, follow rules and help others. The offers seem to be drying up so I want to make sure everyone can maximize the ones we do get! Please don't take my suggestions and thoughts as *truth* or inside knowledge and for the love of all things holy, if you don't agree, please don't send me private messages. If you notice mistakes, point them out here and I'll gladly edit and/or delete info. I actually appreciate that they have added the wording " For greater certainty" within the very lengthy terms because my processing skills aren't as clear as they used to be :P
What i see as excluded from this offer

• ALL card-linked offers
  • IHG hotels and resorts
  • Online purchases/booking/sign-ups at : Disney+, Wealthsimple, Amazon Music Unlimited (free trail offer), DAZN, Chef’s Plate, Goodfood, Factor, Hello Fresh, Uber, Uber Eats, Telus, Tiktok Business, and any travel online stores (including, but not limited to travel bookings, car rentals, and hotel stays)
  • DREAM MILE bookings for any travel related items thru the Airmiles travel portal under rewards (including Disney tickets) ***CASH booking thru this portal WILL count***

I'm sure this post might ruffle a few feathers (this paragraph for sure) and I'm sorry if that happens. I want to draw attention to this wording again gang, (this is coming from my justice based streak BTW and they reason I merged our 2 accounts, I get twitchy if I don't follow what I see as *rules*) It's not for me to say how others chose to read these words but I simply couldn't continue to ignore that we were, in fact, collecting double miles for our own use.

AIR MILES reserves the right to change or retract an offer at any time without prior notice, or to retract an offer for deceptive booking behaviour, including but not limited to creating multiple collector numbers and booking with intention of cancelling. AIR MILES reserves the right to offer a Reward Miles earn rate at an equivalent or greater value to all collectors. By participating in this offer you agree to the AIR MILES Terms of Use.

That is the biggest list of terms I've ever seen from them. With lots of "clarification points". It's getting harder and harder to play the game. Just putting this out there. I'm not loving playing the game anymore. Make it fun again, BMO!
Yes, it's difficult to get AM now, especially with no grocery store in my area to get AM from. I've been having better luck with my optimum points lately.

Same ,, my Scene Pts. are doing well.
I finally got a Metro offer but it's crappy spend $60 get 20 Airmiles.
FreshCo / Sobeys has most of our shopping.

I am trying to think if I *need* anything at an Airmile online shop and so far nothing is popping up for me.
My usuals
Well.ca ,,, nope
Michaels ,,nope
Walmart , nope
Staples ,, nope
Amazon,,, pet food price is too high right now ,, nope
Old Navy,, maybe a hoodie or 2 -- nope nothing new

I will need a new pair of Birkenstocks soon. Hmmmm.........
where to buy them?
Edited:
I checked and they are the best price a my local Shoe Factory Shop by $25.00
Oh well.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
I am short around 1000 AM for our 4 Universal tickets. So I need to do this one, We moved our trip up to July from August and it’s going to cost us more! I plan to stock up on printer ink at Staples and probably order a few things for upcoming bday gifts from Lululemon (missed the flash sale since I thought it ended last Monday, not Sunday). Maybe fill up our cars with gas, that’s not going to help much. I don’t know what else to buy, we need nothing, lol.

Here's our list for Saturday (that I forgot to actually hit the post reply button on :P )
  • Give Frederick a drink at Shell - over 20 l but stopping before 30 so we can convince them that theres no way we can do 4 fill-ups a month! Did 1 in April and this will be the first *almost* in May
  • Buy some frozen dinners for hubby at Shell - he's graduated to mac & cheese texture so I'll get 4 of those
  • Give Frederick some fresh oil, he's been whining about that and we have THREE offers from Jiffy Lube that will help a lot:
  • Shell go+ members get 25 miles for an oil change that runs until Dec 31st, and within the Airmiles App there's one for 95 miles AND one of our local Jiffy's will give us a $25 gift card for basically anywhere plus a $10 coupon for the next oil change if we submit a form after we get the change done
  • Grocery shop at Metro instead of our usual Sunday PLUS get our hanging baskets making use of a coupon our store had and one that's in the app for $5 off $35
  • I will be placing a few online orders from various places for safe foods and we need Arthur's 2nd birthday present and Toys is an included category on Amazon
We will not be over spending just to get doing all of the trips on Saturday instead of spreading them out over several days. I will be both physically and mentally exhausted after doing so much in one day but hubby will be gone on Sunday to take his turn looking after his dad.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I have a Sephora gc from Mother's day burning a hole in my pocket. I think it might be time to place an online order to get some extra AM.

But I agree...the AM collecting has been slower for us. My new wheels don't require nearly as many fills - and with us using my car to head to the city - has made a huge difference in how much fuel we are purchasing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter