Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I did opt in for the Shell offer. What showed up yesterday for me was the monthly Shell offer and the Shell go bonus. The flash part of the offer has not posted yet.

I think the flash offer miles will post once the offer is completed on Dec 3rd.

I got 10 bonus miles from Shell Go+ for redeeming cash miles? Is that a thing?
Yup, it runs until the end of December (i think that's the date)
It's a once shot offer type thing though, so if you redeem 95 miles you get 10 back, redeem 190 you get 10 back, not 20

I booked our hotel last night via AM. Not to bad... 7411 miles for 6 nights, $115 taxes and whatever we have to pay directly will be a surprise. I think it's going to be $20 USD per night but the away it was worded on AM is confusing. Had I booked it when I first started looking it would have been 5500 miles but I am the queen of indecision. That's just how I roll. Finally committed at the eleventh hour....literally, 11pm last night and today is the final day to cancel the booking I already had. I was holding out because I was hinting around for DD to ask one of her CM friends to book me an onsite room but it never happened. Oddly, when we were last down there her BF was hanging out in our room and she said that any time we wanted to come down she would book us a room or give us her guest passes. I think she forgot that conversation...or else she meant that was only for when DD was there too. Anyway, I did outright ask if she could find me the Mickey toy soldier popcorn bucket which I can not live without. She's looking but has said it's only available, so far, at the party.

Now I need to figure out what we are going to do while there. I have to adjust my thinking now that we are staying offsite. How the heck am I going to do a resort crawl to see decoration???? I'm pretty sure they still do no allow you to drive in to the resorts without dinning reservations. I wanted to do resorts, Springs, a shopping day and the party. I'm still watching multiple times a day to see if party tickets become available...it was fully sold out then one day came back and then a second day came back. Of course the second day to come back is the day we fly home. I'm hoping to get same day tickets, apparently it does happen. If that doesn't work then we will use 1 day from some old non expiring hoppers and do MK, DHS and Epcot. Only problem with that is that the triple park day will be the day before we come home.

Should be a great trip Dancing. Even if your offsite, if you want to visit the resorts you could park at the Springs. Catch a bus to a monorail resort. Tour the monorail resorts, hop off at MK, grab a boat to WL and then bus back to Springs. Or bus to Epcot, grab the Sky and tour the Epcot resorts then bus back to Springs. If doing all that might as well plan on dinner at one of the resorts and enjoy.

A few bits and pieces

Pearson security was 100% better this trip,,,
I used the App CBP/MPC and whizzed right through security.

Flight was on time... yeah WestJet.

Universal Resort (Dockside). 4th stay here and never experienced noise like this trip.
Hotel was nicely decorated for the season and my room was ready upon arrival,, I shall never ask for ground floor again ,,,
way too noisy.🤫
They had limited supply of good Grinch tree decorations and too high in price compared to Amazon..

Breakfast with the Grinch ,,,great food and the Grinch was the Best,,, he liked my Grinch scarf so much the he tied the two of us up together with it. Nice MAX the dog Party Favor treat bags and servers and entertainers were wonderful.
Enjoyed shopping in all the City Walk stores. Lots of harry Potter treasures found.

Disney Spring shopping ,,,, lots of new and old favorites,, cans of hot cocoa and teas ☕ ...... new kitty cat cat food bowl,,
new ceramic measuring cups etc. I used Uber to get here and cost was reasonable and worth it. Ok it was a ride in a TESLA .... I mean my first ride ever in a TESLA,,, so cool,,, the whole roof was glass.

Still miss Mickeys Pantry though.
365 Days Christmas was busy but the prices were a tad bit high ,,, I didn't see much being purchased.
Shocked that the Art Of Disney and 365 Days of Disney was minus the usual twinkle lights and broomstick Christmas display,,, felt like the decorating was less this year.
Good entertainment at the outdoor amphitheater ,,very festive.

Ghirardelli 🍫

it never disappoints!!

Lots of very beautiful Christmas trees to see and snap pictures of. 🎄

Basins had some new to me products,, scent free moisturizers.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Just a public service announcement. I received and email from "Disney Movie Insiders" (Temu Pallet) with an offer that is way to good to be true. The email passed a number of my "look for this and that" items. It is SPAM. People online are concerned that Disney Movie Insiders may have been hacked. Some suggest changing your passwords. If you account is like mine was it's all the same password with my disney account.

I've changed mine.

For those who do the AMs receipts, a question. You can't use electronic receipts, is that correct? I had DH pay for one of my Siggis yogurts so I could use one for each of my accounts. He went to self check out, as did I, but he hit the send electronic receipt so it came in the form of email. Poor guy, never gets it exactly right. But he tries, lol.

Just a public service announcement. I received and email from "Disney Movie Insiders" (Temu Pallet) with an offer that is way to good to be true. The email passed a number of my "look for this and that" items. It is SPAM. People online are concerned that Disney Movie Insiders may have been hacked. Some suggest changing your passwords. If you account is like mine was it's all the same password with my disney account.

I've changed mine.
it definitely is a spam but not connected to Disney, i got a slew of them yesterday for various things I had *won* they all came to email addresses that are 100% not connected to any of my email addresses and that are connected to Disney in any way shape or form.

if anyone has a PLEX account, they had a security breech that they didn't tell their subscribers about for several months 🙄 these Temu offers were generated from that.

Follow the old adage of "if something sounds too good to be true IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE " !!!!

For those who do the AMs receipts, a question. You can't use electronic receipts, is that correct? I had DH pay for one of my Siggis yogurts so I could use one for each of my accounts. He went to self check out, as did I, but he hit the send electronic receipt so it came in the form of email. Poor guy, never gets it exactly right. But he tries, lol.
I've gone into account and printed out a receipt when this happened- not for 3 or 4 piddly airmiles but for $5 that comes as a cheque from Checkout 51.
I then went into my account and turned off the ability to have receipts sent to email. This was for Metro, don't know if other stores allow you to turn it off

Should be a great trip Dancing. Even if your offsite, if you want to visit the resorts you could park at the Springs. Catch a bus to a monorail resort. Tour the monorail resorts, hop off at MK, grab a boat to WL and then bus back to Springs. Or bus to Epcot, grab the Sky and tour the Epcot resorts then bus back to Springs. If doing all that might as well plan on dinner at one of the resorts and enjoy.
That’s pretty much what had gone through my head. It just seems like too much time wasted on transit. IDK. Maybe we will try to drive in to some resorts and see what happens.

I heard a lot of complaints last week from Grand Floridian visitors. Apparently it was so busy that people couldn't get near the Displays. (Gingerbread House).

They just ended up leaving. ( I personally like the Grand Floridian Cafe ).

I do wish you could get afternoon Tea here,, really miss it. (Garden View Tea Room come back please).

If driving I'd try here first ,,, then just monorail it around the loop.

Hugs Mel

I heard a lot of complaints last week from Grand Floridian visitors. Apparently it was so busy that people couldn't get near the Displays. (Gingerbread House).

They just ended up leaving. ( I personally like the Grand Floridian Cafe ).

I do wish you could get afternoon Tea here,, really miss it. (Garden View Tea Room come back please).

If driving I'd try here first ,,, then just monorail it around the loop.

Hugs Mel
Being thanksgiving that does not surprise me. It has always been a very busy 2 week period.

I love the GF cafe. So I might have a look at that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter