Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Neighbor in my backyard had a Giant catalpa tree hit with lightening and lost a quarter of her limbs.
Thankfully it did not hit anyone.
Crews started to clean her up but the skies have opened up again.
I think it's a book day,,, although my Capris just arrived at GT Boutique...........................
c4b0e1689438017e835a840b40aa616a.jpg
2d585729f5438b313a056c5d5fd8ea8e.jpg

Stay safe & Dry everyone.
Hugs Mel

Neighbor in my backyard had a Giant catalpa tree hit with lightening and lost a quarter of her limbs.
I think it's a book day,,, although my Capris just arrived at GT Boutique...........................
View attachment 771077
View attachment 771078

Hugs Mel
I have a massage today. It's one way to feel better about the weather.

I'll take the rain. Hopefully it will push the smoke to the ground. It's been 3 days of being inside. I do hope this is not becoming the new "normal". I now need to check the temp, wind direction, humidity/wind chill, air quality and then if it's precipitating (or will in the next 45 minutes) before I head out to walk the dog. It's becoming too much.

View attachment 771077
View attachment 771078

Hugs Mel
I feel like the Charlie Brown picture is my backyard and field behind me.

I've been off the grid for a while...come back to find 5 pages to catch up on. I've been struggling with a back injury but finally feeling like I can manage to get back to life. My entire focus has been on keeping work afloat. Dealing with that and the back pain has been even more mentally exhausting than it was physical. In the midst of all this I lost 2 staff. Anyone want a job? So how have I decided to handle all this.....go to Disney of course. DD needs to go down there so DH and I are tagging along (sort of). DH and I will be going to hang out at the pool for a four day weekend. Basically we all fly down together and then fly home together...DD will book us a room under her CM rate, check us in and then we probably won't see her again until we are back at the airport.

Jaqueline...so very sorry about little Mocha. That whole experience is what held me back from another dog for so long. It's so much harder than you even imagine.

On the subject of Air Fryers.....you also can't put them directly on a countertop. You need to put it on a cutting board or something to act as a heat buffer. The heat can split open the counter.

Wait. What do you mean? We have ours on the counter, zero buffer. Hmmm, maybe I should be doing this.
I just panic texted my son this info tooooo!
He says it's ok mom mine is on a little wooden shelf. Phew. Good to know eh?
He's also going to pick up a fire extinguisher .
Hugs Mel

I don't have the energy to study the info about it but it looks like we're headed into another one of those really hard to track "More Weekend More Miles" pretend promos. Check the app and/or the website for the different ones, they have this little flag attached. I read thru this one and it's simpler but also impossible for most of us to complete! They are going by partners 2 = 95 miles, 3 = 150 miles and 4 = 200 miles. You can either earn miles or redeem
1687835511246.png

Oh Airmiles gatekeeper????

hdrolfe

I need you!
Thinking on this....
Beurer MG134 Shiatsu Massage Cushion #1

Beurer MG134 Shiatsu Massage Cushion #2

Beurer MG134 Shiatsu Massage Cushion #3

Beurer MG134 Shiatsu Massage Cushion #4

Beurer MG134 Shiatsu Massage Cushion #5

Beurer MG134 Shiatsu Massage Cushion #6

Beurer MG134 Shiatsu Massage Cushion​

BUT
I will get one less day down south next winter using these points.
My aching body really needs it though.
Nzo4NTAwMDM1MDA3MjA6aW1hZ2U6ZW4tQ0E6dGhpcmQ.png

1,070 Airmiles 10% off with Onyx
Incluedes taxes and shipping

Amazon does list it for $173.00
plus taxes.

Last edited:

hdrolfe

I need you!
Thinking on this....

BUT
View attachment 771496

plus taxes.
Put it in your Amazon wish list and then cross your fingers. We're heading into a new month with different included categories AND Prime Days are July 11th and 12th. Last year there was a big multiplier for that event, you can sign up for a free prime account and then cancel it later.

OR look on well. Ca for the awesome Cushion- if none of those options appeal or work I say go for it and redeem the miles, you got them for free!

I've been following along...chugging away at collecting the few miles I can here in Alberta. I'm not a big online shopper - so that cuts out collecting miles that way. But we have been getting a good chunk from Shell. Once we spend the bulk of what we have...I think our days of AM will be done. It makes me sad :sad: I found them to be so versatile in the ways I could spend the miles with very little effort besides collecting them.

I took her to the vet yesterday afternoon because she was getting worse, couldn't get comfortable, was moaning in her sleep and just looked miserable. She peed beside the litterbox and the vet thought perhaps she had developed a UTI on top of everything else and a quick urine sample plus antibiotics would perk her up. I knew by the look on her face when she came back out to the waiting room that it wasn't good - there was blood in her urine and elevated sugar levels as well. The time arrived to simply let her go in peace, she was never going to get better, her kidneys were shot. The only thing I would do by bringing her home on higher doses of pain meds would be prolonging both her and my suffering. She HATED the crate so I couldn't do that to her again. I was alone at the time but eventually our daughter dropped what she was doing and drove my hubby to the clinic - I was in no shape to drive myself home with an empty crate and her collar clutched in my hand.

I've spent the day clearing her stuff out of the house and I'll be donating it to either the humane society or putting it on our city's Facebook page "save it from the landfill" page. I need it gone, I'm just gutted
:hug: Sending you many tight hugs. It is NEVER easy to loose a furry family member.
Well I need a new air fryer. Debating getting the basket kind again or going for one that is also a toaster, with a rotisserie. That would replace the toaster oven I have as well so less things on the counter.
Good thing he caught it in time!

DH came home with the new AF with the double baskets - as our current ninja one we are having a hard time finding a replacement basket. I don't like the double basket one for meat that I have to turn. I will still be pulling out my smaller one and using the grill for any meat I cook in the AF. But now I can have our meal cooked in no time flat with both of them going ;)
I just found a new thingy on the Air Miles app. Each week they post food items from major grocery stores that you can earn a few miles on. You just submit your receipt (take pic) and submit through the app. Out my three from the this weekend (Sobeys, Superstore (Loblaws) and SDM (this isn't a qualifying store), I bought broccoli (3 miles) at Sobeys and the receipt activity shows it's "in progress".

When you open the app, a blue box is there that says "Air Miles Receipts"
OOOO this gives me hope that they might do this for all of Canada!!!! Maybe my days of collecting AM isn't done

hdrolfe

I need you!
Thinking on this....

BUT
View attachment 771496

plus taxes.
That looks pretty cool, and seems a good deal. But a whole day less on your trip? I tend to agree with Donald, maybe wait until prime days? I am sure there will be good deals but if not you only waited an extra couple weeks.

Wait. What do you mean? We have ours on the counter, zero buffer. Hmmm, maybe I should be doing this.
I just panic texted my son this info tooooo!
He says it's ok mom mine is on a little wooden shelf. Phew. Good to know eh?
He's also going to pick up a fire extinguisher .
Hugs Mel
Yep....apparently it's somewhat common. It didn't happen to me but did happen to a friend. Her Corian countertop had a large crack in it. Fortunately that type of material can be repaired but stone can not. I guess lucky for me I allow no one to put things on my uber expensive custom stone. Not allowed to slide things across it either. Yes, I'm that person!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter