Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I've got no carousel of anything showing on the app this morning
Took me a minute to find it. I had to open the app on my ipad and work through it. There is a banner near the top that is covered by another banner talking about AM's Carousel of Dreams. There is a Play Now box above the second banner, click that and it takes you in. The game is in almost lost on the home page. The important thing is you have to use your app, not a computer.
Terms & Conditions of the 10X
View attachment 751459

Terms and conditions 🧳

* Offer valid from April 6, 2023 to April 13, 2023. Valid at the three participating AIR MILES partners as outlined by the below terms. To qualify, eligible collectors must opt in to the offer prior to using their AIR MILES card at the time of eligible purchases at participating partners. Collectors will only need to opt in once during the offer period to qualify for all 3 of the offers outlined below. Collector must click on the “OPT IN” button in the offer invitation to participate in this offer.

BMO, Bank of Montreal:
10x Miles offer is available only for BMO®± AIR MILES® World Elite®* Mastercard®*and BMO®± AIR MILES® Mastercard®*cardholders who opt in and make purchases at any Shell and Metro locations, excluding Thunder Bay, or online at metro.ca, from April 6 – 13, 2023.

BMO AIR MILES Mastercard: 10 AIR MILES Reward Miles will be awarded for every $25 in purchases made at eligible Shell and Metro stores during the offer period, including the base earn rate

BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard: 10 AIR MILES Reward Miles will be awarded for every $12 in purchases made at eligible Shell and Metro stores during the offer period, including the base earn rate

A maximum of 300 Miles can be earned per collector number for eligible cumulative spend at Metro and Shell locations in connection with this BMO offer.

Purchase transactions do not include cash advances, balance transfers, interest charges, fee payments, credit or debit adjustments, or any other amounts that may be charged to the account. To qualify for this offer, your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard account must be in good standing at the time the Miles are awarded. This offer can be combined with other offers. Please allow up to 90 days after the promotion end date for Miles to be posted to your collector account. The number of Miles will be rounded down to the nearest whole number. Fractions of Miles will not be awarded. Offer is subject to change without notice.
* Offer valid from April 6, 2023 to April 13, 2023. Valid at the three participating AIR MILES partners as outlined by the below terms. To qualify, eligible collectors must opt in to the offer prior to using their AIR MILES card at the time of eligible purchases at participating partners. Collectors will only need to opt in once during the offer period to qualify for all 3 of the offers outlined below. Collector must click on the “OPT IN” button in the offer invitation to participate in this offer.

Metro:
Valid at participating Metro locations in Ontario, excluding Thunder Bay. Minimum eligible purchase $60 must be spent in a single transaction to qualify. Multiplier offer applies to standard base offer of 1 Mile for every $20.00 spent in a single transaction, excluding taxes, tobacco, beer, wine, cider, Western Union, lottery, transit tickets, stamps, gift cards, prescription medications, behind-the-counter pharmacy items, and purchases from in-store vendors. AIR MILES card must be presented at the time of the purchase. Can be combined with other offers, and AIR MILES offers. A maximum of 100 Miles can be earned per collector number in connection with this Metro offer. Bonus Miles earned during the offer period are not eligible Miles and do not qualify for this offer.

Please allow up to 90 days after the end of the offer period for multiplier Miles to be posted to your collector account

Shell:
Offer valid April 6, 2023, to April 13, 2023, at participating Shell locations (excluding Shell Flying J locations).
Get 10X the AIR MILES Reward Miles on your purchase of any grade of Shell fuels and on qualifying non-fuel purchases (Excludes Tobacco products, Lottery tickets, gift cards, Prepaid credit cards, Phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law). This 10X multiplier offers applies to the Fuel base offer of 1 Reward Mile awarded per 10 L of any Shell V-Power® fuel or 1 Reward Mile awarded per 20 L of any Shell Bronze/Regular, Silver/Premium or Diesel fuels and to the base offer of 1 Reward Mile awarded per $5.00 non-fuel transaction. Maximum of 99 Miles per collector number for this offer. A valid AIR MILES Card must be presented/collector number entered at time of transaction. Offer may be combined with other Bonus Offers. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to two (2) weeks post promotion for Miles to be posted to your collector account.

Now back to bed...............................

Hi Cari,, good score hon.🖐️
Hugs Mel
I wonder if purchasing gift cards from Metro will trigger the 10Xs for Mastercard. I think I will give it a try, I can always use a gift card for something.

Took me a minute to find it. I had to open the app on my ipad and work through it. There is a banner near the top that is covered by another banner talking about AM's Carousel of Dreams. There is a Play Now box above the second banner, click that and it takes you in. The game is in almost lost on the home page. The important thing is you have to use your app, not a computer.

I wonder if purchasing gift cards from Metro will trigger the 10Xs for Mastercard. I think I will give it a try, I can always use a gift card for something.
Hmmmm I have a new Mastercard ,,, please post back if it works.
Hugs Mel

So just thinking here ..wondering
if I use my card to purchase say 4 $25 Shell gas gift cards will I get the 10X the Airmiles on the BMO
card.?

Hmmm wait there has to be a way to get Airmiles at all 3 places...
Need more coffee to think on this.

Last edited:
Hmmmm I have a new Mastercard ,,, please post back if it works.
Hugs Mel

So just thinking here ..wondering
if I use my card to purchase say 4 $25 Shell gas gift cards will I get the 10X the Airmiles on the BMO
card.?
If the AMs post like they did for the last Metro/BMO MC offer, I will not show until the offer is over. I will post back when it happens but I think by then it won't matter. If you are going to use Shell anyways, give it a try. You won't be out anything but could be ahead a few miles. That's my thinking anyways. Since it did work for the recent spend offer MC sent out, I'm betting it will this time. I am going to purchase some and cross my fingers.

Well, I "won" 20x AM at BigSteelBox and 100AM when you download and link your AM card at Shell. Not moving and I already have the Shell app.:rolleyes: On the positive side. I will get my gas at Shell today when I'm in the next town over, and I will see if anything on my Amazon wishlist will spark any airmiles.

I got 5 miles on one account, 25 air miles at Metro when you spend $50 or more on the 2nd account and 10x reward miles at some phone fix it place on the 3rd account - this one will not be happening nope nope nope.

Terms & Conditions of the 10X
View attachment 751459

Terms and conditions 🧳

BMO, Bank of Montreal:
10x Miles offer is available only for BMO®± AIR MILES® World Elite®* Mastercard®*and BMO®± AIR MILES® Mastercard®*cardholders who opt in and make purchases at any Shell and Metro locations, excluding Thunder Bay, or online at metro.ca, from April 6 – 13, 2023.

BMO AIR MILES Mastercard: 10 AIR MILES Reward Miles will be awarded for every $25 in purchases made at eligible Shell and Metro stores during the offer period, including the base earn rate

BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard: 10 AIR MILES Reward Miles will be awarded for every $12 in purchases made at eligible Shell and Metro stores during the offer period, including the base earn rate

A maximum of 300 Miles can be earned per collector number for eligible cumulative spend at Metro and Shell locations in connection with this BMO offer.

Purchase transactions do not include cash advances, balance transfers, interest charges, fee payments, credit or debit adjustments, or any other amounts that may be charged to the account. To qualify for this offer, your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard account must be in good standing at the time the Miles are awarded. This offer can be combined with other offers. Please allow up to 90 days after the promotion end date for Miles to be posted to your collector account. The number of Miles will be rounded down to the nearest whole number. Fractions of Miles will not be awarded. Offer is subject to change without notice.

Metro:
Valid at participating Metro locations in Ontario, excluding Thunder Bay. Minimum eligible purchase $60 must be spent in a single transaction to qualify. Multiplier offer applies to standard base offer of 1 Mile for every $20.00 spent in a single transaction, excluding taxes, tobacco, beer, wine, cider, Western Union, lottery, transit tickets, stamps, gift cards, prescription medications, behind-the-counter pharmacy items, and purchases from in-store vendors. AIR MILES card must be presented at the time of the purchase. Can be combined with other offers, and AIR MILES offers. A maximum of 100 Miles can be earned per collector number in connection with this Metro offer. Bonus Miles earned during the offer period are not eligible Miles and do not qualify for this offer.

Please allow up to 90 days after the end of the offer period for multiplier Miles to be posted to your collector account

Shell:
Offer valid April 6, 2023, to April 13, 2023, at participating Shell locations (excluding Shell Flying J locations).
Get 10X the AIR MILES Reward Miles on your purchase of any grade of Shell fuels and on qualifying non-fuel purchases (Excludes Tobacco products, Lottery tickets, gift cards, Prepaid credit cards, Phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law). This 10X multiplier offers applies to the Fuel base offer of 1 Reward Mile awarded per 10 L of any Shell V-Power® fuel or 1 Reward Mile awarded per 20 L of any Shell Bronze/Regular, Silver/Premium or Diesel fuels and to the base offer of 1 Reward Mile awarded per $5.00 non-fuel transaction. Maximum of 99 Miles per collector number for this offer. A valid AIR MILES Card must be presented/collector number entered at time of transaction. Offer may be combined with other Bonus Offers. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to two (2) weeks post promotion for Miles to be posted to your collector account.

Now back to bed...............................

Hi Cari,, good score hon.🖐️
Hugs Mel
I got my ten times at Shell this am when I purchased 31 litres of regular gas with my BMO MC

If the AMs post like they did for the last Metro/BMO MC offer, I will not show until the offer is over. I will post back when it happens but I think by then it won't matter. If you are going to use Shell anyways, give it a try. You won't be out anything but could be ahead a few miles. That's my thinking anyways. Since it did work for the recent spend offer MC sent out, I'm betting it will this time. I am going to purchase some and cross my fingers.
I usually purchase Metro gift cards and use them to buy my groceries. Shell I like to use my BMO MC for the extra air miles.

I usually purchase Metro gift cards and use them to buy my groceries. Shell I like to use my BMO MC for the extra air miles.
I'm not even sure Metro sells Shell GCs. ESSO, for sure. As for Metro GCs themselves, for me that would be a waste. I so seldom purchase anything from Metro other than GCs. I did purchase some butter this morning though.

I stopped in this morning and purchased 4 $25 Lotto GCs, I use them for birthday and Christmas gifts. I added 5 pounds of butter as it's the same price this week as Costco. Total of $124.40. Worst case scenario, I get 30 AMs for using my MC (3 for every $12 spend). Best case, I get 120 AMs for using my MC (10 for every $12 spend). Only time will tell on this one.

Bust for me this morning. 2 offers for places I won't shop. The 10x at metro etc, it's not when you use your bmo card, right? I can pay cash? I also do need gas tomorrow morning so will go to shell
And still no power. I am not buying groceries I can't put away until the power is back on. Hopefully it will come back today.

Bust for me this morning. 2 offers for places I won't shop. The 10x at metro etc, it's not when you use your bmo card, right? I can pay cash? I also do need gas tomorrow morning so will go to shell
And still no power. I am not buying groceries I can't put away until the power is back on. Hopefully it will come back today.
Hope the power comes back soon.
Sending warm thoughts your way.
Hugs Mel

Metro:

Hmmmm I am not sure ,,, but I think you can just pay cash ,,, I am trying to figure out if I want to activate my new BMO card or just pay cash.
I have a Metro threshold offer of spend 60$ get 60 bonus airmiles.
I think the most I will get is
3x 10 = 30 Airmiles
spend 60$ get 60
so 90 Airmiles altogether which is ok.

Just to confirm before I add it to my spreadsheet. I got 7 base miles at Metro so I should add 63 more AM to my spreadsheet for the 10X offer from Metro/BMO? Used GC to pay for it so no BMO bonus just the Metro one.

Oh, I hope you get your power back sooner than later. My nephew had pics of the crazy Ottawa weather yesterday. Stay safe and warm!

Carousel of fake dreams still a no go for me. Am I the only Dis'er who can't get it going?

I've done more studying of the terms and conditions attached to the Metro, Shell and Mastercard offer that popped up. I think it's an either,or and, situation- meaning you can do one or two or all 3 of the offers. Spend at Metro and or shell and pay ***WITH YOUR MASTERCARD *** to get the extra 10X on top of the stated bonus miles at Metro and Shell. If you scroll down to the paragraph AFTER the Metro information you'll see the following wording and in my opinion it should appear BEFORE the Metro offer to clear up confusion, but hey, it's rarely easy to understand any fine print :P
BMO, Bank of Montreal:

The way I'm reading it is that you can get up to a maximum of 100 from Metro so long as ONE transactions is at least $60 (so you would need to earn 10 base miles from spending $200 within a week?), a maximum of 99 miles from Shell (not sure on this math since it's extremely confusing to my brain!) and then you will get an EXTRA 10x from Mastercard as well on TOP of those bonus miles, a maximum of 300 from this - again it depends on which card you have. For me this means I will get 10 miles for every $25 I spend between the 2 stores and to get those extra 300 miles I need to spend I can't do the math dollar amount :P I'm not going to stress too much over this since I have an empty fridge and there's no problem doing this weekend's $150 flyer/app/whatever offer. We'll maybe need to fill up once since we're heading to see Arthur on Saturday so that will be a whopping 10 miles (we rarely get 30 L in our car which equals 1 measly mile!

Don't forget you can combine all of the offers with the spend 150 get 150 at Metro.

Carousel of fake dreams still a no go for me. Am I the only Dis'er who can't get it going?
I was only able to get it to work on my secondary card about an hour ago - try signing out of your account and then back in. It's not uncommon for any of these promos to have massive consistency issues during the first 24 hours

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter