Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I originally made an appointment for 4th shot for next Thursday. Then I spoke with a friend who said it had to be 140 days after my last one in Ottawa (unless you go earlier with informed consent). Did the calculation and cancelled that appointment. I will look for one for May 3rd or later as soon as those dates open up.

I originally made an appointment for 4th shot for next Thursday. Then I spoke with a friend who said it had to be 140 days after my last one in Ottawa (unless you go earlier with informed consent). Did the calculation and cancelled that appointment. I will look for one for May 3rd or later as soon as those dates open up.
Yeah me too...waiting till later in May.
1649506247372.png

Metro has their 'use 95 AM's, get 25 AM's' offer on now. I went Thursday and used 95 AM's from each card to apply to $25 Disney Gift cards. Went yesterday and did the same. This morning I went over and one of the staff said they don't allow AM's to be used on GC's. Oh, really, cause I've been doing that for 3 years now. She also told me that they don't put the Disney GC's that are $25-$500 on the floor because of fraud. Yes, you do put them on the floor. I buy them all the time.
The manager is going to check into it and get back to me. I'm thinking that my days of using AM's for GC's at Metro might be over. It was good while it lasted.

I was only 115 days and hubby just a tad less and they didn't bat an eye. The website for our health unit says at least 84. We could have gotten either Pfizer or Moderna, again they didn't care. My nurse just said she wished more people were as excited as we were, they're sitting there twiddling their thumbs most days, it's the only drop in clinic left so they have to be open. She said they have noticed an uptick in appointments from those of us wanting to 4th jab.

once again I'm making good strong antibodies, at the 12 hour mark got aches and swollen lymph nodes but I don't feel as bad as the last ones.

The flight discounts were the only reason I was holding onto the card. They did away with the lounge pasees last year and I get a lot of the same coverages with another CC so I guess I'll be parting ways with the BMO W/E M/C before my next renewal.

My renewal month is November, so I have lots of time to decide. I might make the switch permanently to the Aeroplan points cards. Use can use those for flights and Air Canada Vacations packages. Oh, and gift cards!

Edit to add: I think I am going to switch to the PC Elite World Mastercard. It doesn't have an annual fee (?) and include travel insurance!

Last edited:
Don't know, but i made the appointment anyway! If they turn me away I'll just go shopping (the clinic is in the mall :P ) The website has changed since last night though and now says "must be 60 at time of appointment" if I decide to go to any of the drop in clinics, but if I fill the form out without my Healthcard and using my actual birthdate it didn't say no. I figure nothing ventured nothing gained, right?

YES, the entire family is extremely disappointed in the bank staff for letting Mom not only take that much money out but that they let it go as cash and from a fricking BUSINESS account!!!! It's a small town, they've been using that bank for over 35 years and everyone knows her by sight so they took her ID and the fact that knew her as good enough. Of course because of confidentiality they won't actually talk to any of us without her there and she just wasn't clearheaded enough to do that yesterday. I tried REALLY hard to let the local OPP department know that the scam is active in our area again but they don't care because no money actually changed hands <sigh>

So glad the scam got caught before the money got turned over.

If you haven't already, consider reporting it to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre, the page for reporting on their website is: https://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/report-signalez-eng.htm Their website also has a lot of good awareness information about scams and frauds and how to recognize them and what to do if one is a victim: https://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/index-eng.htm

When they call I say
Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello ,,,they eventually give up and hang up.
Sometimes I say sorry my mommy isn't home right now.....
Damn shame what they do to people.
I get many of these calls at work.

I now ask who they are looking for - and then that maybe they are looking for my husband. When they agree, I say that he's at work but his shift with the local police department will be over shortly, and then he will be home to return their call if they want to give a return number for him to call :rolleyes1 :lmao:

When they call I say
Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello ,,,they eventually give up and hang up.
Sometimes I say sorry my mommy isn't home right now.....
Damn shame what they do to people.

Hugs
Mel
View attachment 661203
My sister has such fun with them when they call her work. She actually asked one person how they could live with themselves scamming people out of their money and how they could face their children. It is not like when they call your house that they know where you live - here they are calling her work so no idea where she works. She is currently the only one working in the office so when they call her and she has her fun with them, she will run around and answer the other lines when they ring. I know she needs a life. :furious:

Looking through Foodland/Metro/and Sobeys Flyers for Airmiles deals and not coming up with much this week.
Anyone see something I don't?

Hugs Mel
The only thing I see for Foodland and Sobeys is they have now increased the cash in 95 miles get 35 miles when it used to be 25 miles. I haven't perused the ad yet.

I seem to come on here, read some new posts and then disappear for weeks at a time, and it sounds like I'm not the only one.
However, if you are like me also, and still have outstanding refunds from flights you were supposed to take in April 2020 (or similar dates) please, I hope this can save you some time or headache.

My saga:
Obviously trip April 2020 was cancelled. Flights had been redeemed via AM + $320 on a credit card. As we might all remember, flights were being offered as "vouchers" and not refunds. So we accepted our voucher. (Side note but still part of the overall saga, somehow they put in a new flight date, so we ended up appearing to have flights booked for Feb. 2021 that I didn't know about until Air Canada called me at work one day and was like, hey are you going to comfirm your flight to Ft Lauterdale next week and I was like uhhhhh).

AM cancelled those flights and returned us to "voucher" status again and then Air Canada finally gave in and said people can get refunds, not just vouchers, so AM was supposed to process all refunds.

(Several years or maybe only 6 ish months go by, who knows how time works now a days...)

You all start posting success stories (some with headaches, I remember) about refunds showing up. AM first, then cash. Great! I wait... patiently at first... I reach out. I get the party line of "we're slowly processing everyone, please be patient". I wait some more. I get the email saying "oh sorry we said everyone would be processed by this time, OOPS guess not". I wait. FINALLY in Feb. 2022 I receive this email:
1649885063772.jpeg
I get excited and check my AM account, and sure enough there's the AM!
I go check my credit card (the one I used) and nothing. Okay, let's give them time for that part. I wait. I call or chat in March "hey it's been a month, no cash refund, any update?" I get "oh, I see your AM refund, please wait as it can take up to 2 billing cycles. So, now... it's finally after 2 cycles but no money. So I call (while on hold I open chat and get someone). Turns out, I need to call... my "credit card information needs updating". Uhhh. What? They have the same info as was used to book... I checked, it's the same card, hasn't expired in between... So I call the different, special number that chat lady gave me. Guess what? If AM has your credit card info but it's been longer than 18 months, they toss it for security reasons but no one told me that in all the inquiries I made about these flights I booked back in June 2019 but took WAY more than 18 months to process my refund anyways, so UGH.

I gave her my same credit card info and the money should be back in... 4-6 weeks.

As the kids say: TLDR (too long, didn't read) version: If you're waiting on the cash part, check that AM has the details of a credit card to be able to put the money on.

At least with the AM hotels booking I'm making, when I cancel, the money and AM are returned nearly immediately (provided I made sure to book one with a good cancellation policy, whch I always do).

I seem to come on here, read some new posts and then disappear for weeks at a time, and it sounds like I'm not the only one.
However, if you are like me also, and still have outstanding refunds from flights you were supposed to take in April 2020 (or similar dates) please, I hope this can save you some time or headache.

My saga:
Obviously trip April 2020 was cancelled. Flights had been redeemed via AM + $320 on a credit card. As we might all remember, flights were being offered as "vouchers" and not refunds. So we accepted our voucher. (Side note but still part of the overall saga, somehow they put in a new flight date, so we ended up appearing to have flights booked for Feb. 2021 that I didn't know about until Air Canada called me at work one day and was like, hey are you going to comfirm your flight to Ft Lauterdale next week and I was like uhhhhh).

AM cancelled those flights and returned us to "voucher" status again and then Air Canada finally gave in and said people can get refunds, not just vouchers, so AM was supposed to process all refunds.

(Several years or maybe only 6 ish months go by, who knows how time works now a days...)

You all start posting success stories (some with headaches, I remember) about refunds showing up. AM first, then cash. Great! I wait... patiently at first... I reach out. I get the party line of "we're slowly processing everyone, please be patient". I wait some more. I get the email saying "oh sorry we said everyone would be processed by this time, OOPS guess not". I wait. FINALLY in Feb. 2022 I receive this email:
View attachment 662310
I get excited and check my AM account, and sure enough there's the AM!
I go check my credit card (the one I used) and nothing. Okay, let's give them time for that part. I wait. I call or chat in March "hey it's been a month, no cash refund, any update?" I get "oh, I see your AM refund, please wait as it can take up to 2 billing cycles. So, now... it's finally after 2 cycles but no money. So I call (while on hold I open chat and get someone). Turns out, I need to call... my "credit card information needs updating". Uhhh. What? They have the same info as was used to book... I checked, it's the same card, hasn't expired in between... So I call the different, special number that chat lady gave me. Guess what? If AM has your credit card info but it's been longer than 18 months, they toss it for security reasons but no one told me that in all the inquiries I made about these flights I booked back in June 2019 but took WAY more than 18 months to process my refund anyways, so UGH.

I gave her my same credit card info and the money should be back in... 4-6 weeks.

As the kids say: TLDR (too long, didn't read) version: If you're waiting on the cash part, check that AM has the details of a credit card to be able to put the money on.

At least with the AM hotels booking I'm making, when I cancel, the money and AM are returned nearly immediately (provided I made sure to book one with a good cancellation policy, whch I always do).
I had the exact same thing happen to me. I had 2 separate bookings which were refunded weeks apart and both times I had to call the special number to get the cash portion refunded to my credit card.

Holy smokes!!!! I’ve got a Sobeys offer for 350 miles for a $125 spend. Guess I know where I’ll be shopping this week.

Last week my 1 and only Sobeys offers was spend anything get 50 miles but it didn't post to my account so I had to call the MyOffers hotline. It was actually an offer from the week before that had carried over. When I told the person that I didn't get any offers this week she checked and she was amazed that no I hadn't received any offers. She gave me my missing 50 miles as well as a bonus 50 miles for my troubles. It posted this week and now I have offers again at Sobeys. Not good offers like yours but offers just the same.
Also I just checked all 3 cards that I monitor and they all have basically the same product offers this week. Weird. The spend offers are different though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter