Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I have a question!

For those of you who have ordered evouchers with Cash Miles, how long do they take to show up in your in-box for use?

It's "Bay Days" next week and I'm eyeing some fancy cutlery if it goes on sale. :)

Last edited:
I've got over 10,000 for Disney tickets that I would buy now if I could.

i had airmiles Disney tickets prior to x I simply paid the difference . I’m in same situation where I have enough for whole families universal passes but I’m not feeling 100% confident they have same policy and I’m feeling less than 100% confident about the safety of airmiles in general .. I may go ahead and pray even more dec is a go

I've got over 10,000 for Disney tickets that I would buy now if I could.

i had airmiles Disney tickets prior to x I simply paid the difference . I’m in same situation where I have enough for whole families universal passes but I’m not feeling 100% confident they have same policy and I’m feeling less than 100% confident about the safety of airmiles in general .. I may go ahead and pray even more dec is a go.. I would assume universal would have a similar policy about tickets holding their value

i had airmiles Disney tickets prior to x I simply paid the difference . I’m in same situation where I have enough for whole families universal passes but I’m not feeling 100% confident they have same policy and I’m feeling less than 100% confident about the safety of airmiles in general .. I may go ahead and pray even more dec is a go.. I would assume universal would have a similar policy about tickets holding their value

Not necessarily. I would give them a call before you get any.

Hi
I would absolutely call UO before booking anything as
it clearly says tickets purchased must now be dated and
UNIVERSAL 2 PARK - 2 DAY BASE TICKET DATED
6000 Universal Blvd, 32819, Orlando, US
|
Duration: 2 days
|
This booking is 100% non-refundable once completed

Terms and Conditions:

The 2-Park 2-Day Base Ticket Dated entitles one (1) guest admission to EITHER Universal Studios Florida, OR Universal's Islands of Adventure per day. Ticket is valid for any two (2) calendar days during a five (5) consecutive calendar day period which commences on and includes the date selected. This ticket also includes five (5) consecutive calendar days of admission to select live entertainment venues of Universal CityWalk which commences on and includes the date selected. The ticket will expire in full on the expiration date printed on ticket. Unused days shall be forfeited. The above Admission Media is nonrefundable, non-transferable, and must be used by the same person on all days. Standard entry includes biometric scan. Valid only during normal operating hours. Parks, attractions, or entertainment may: close due to refurbishing, capacity, weather or special events; change operating hours; and otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of Universal Orlando Resort ('Universal'). Unless otherwise stated, does not include admission to separately ticketed events at any of the Universal theme parks or within any of the CityWalk venues, Universal Cinemark, the Blue Man Group show, or Hollywood Drive-In Golf™, and parking or discounts on food or merchandise. Some CityWalk venues require ages 21 or older for admission. Valid Photo ID required. Additional restrictions may apply and benefits are subject to change without notice.

• Tickets are valid up to 4 days after the event date (date ticket purchased for).
  • Not Valid for the Hogwarts™ Express

I have a question!

For those of you who have ordered evouchers with Cash Miles, how long do they take to show up in your in-box for use?

It's "Bay Days" this weekend and I'm eyeing some fancy cutlery if it goes on sale. :)
I've never waited more than 5 minutes for them to pop up BUT It was several years ago that I used cash miles for that. Hopefully others will chime in soon I know that @bababear_50 does this all the time
This is no longer the case, Universal tickets now come dated and unlike Disney they do NOT hold their value except in very unusual circumstances. As mentioned above I wouldn't do this without calling to find out and if they say yes, getting an email with those terms in writing.

I have a question!

It's "Bay Days" next week and I'm eyeing some fancy cutlery if it goes on sale. :)

Hi Hon
so sorry
I missed your post.
I get the vouchers all the time (Starbucks)

1. Go to Your Profile
2. Go to My Orders
3. Go to e-vouchers
4. Click on see details
5. Click on redeem now

Hope that helps
Hugs
Mel

For Uber Eats & Ultimate Dining Card the e vouchers is right there for you when you follow the above post just hit the download button and print.

I'm not at all concerned about AM closing shop. I've been collecting since day one....1992. Over the years things have changed drastically. When they started it was only a travel program. There was no merch and I remember thinking it was going to take forever to earn enough miles to book a flight. There was next to no place to earn miles....maybe 4-5 places and only one of those was a grocery store.

I've got nearly 46K miles and DD's account has 9K. If somehow things do go south I'll just order a bunch of WDW tickets for a low price time frame and put them away. With the knowledge that I'll have to pay some money later on to have current tickets. I'm totally fine with that because even if I had to pay $100/ticket that's still a boat load better than paying full price for tickets.

I'm not at all concerned about AM closing shop. I've been collecting since day one....1992. Over the years things have changed drastically. When they started it was only a travel program. There was no merch and I remember thinking it was going to take forever to earn enough miles to book a flight. There was next to no place to earn miles....maybe 4-5 places and only one of those was a grocery store.

I've got nearly 46K miles and DD's account has 9K. If somehow things do go south I'll just order a bunch of WDW tickets for a low price time frame and put them away. With the knowledge that I'll have to pay some money later on to have current tickets. I'm totally fine with that because even if I had to pay $100/ticket that's still a boat load better than paying full price for tickets.

thanks for sharing your long-time experience, and your quick exit plan!!

I feel the same. Been collecting since 1994 and have enjoyed lots of rewards in that time. Although many partners have come and gone over the years, BMO and Safeway have always been our biggest earners. I consider the others as gravy. I also work the big promos now after connecting with this group a few years ago. I never bothered with those before you kind folks showed me that they are doable without spending needlessly.
I have almost 25K in dream miles plus Air Canada flight credits for our Disneyland trip cancelled last year. I will either use the miles for the hotel once we are able to book our Disneyland trip again or for whatever trip we take after that one.

Has anyone here ordered from Shopdisney.com ? I’m wondering how it went...how long it took etc.
I tried to order the grad ears from a Disney shopper that I’ve connected with via FB but she said the ears are sold out on property. They are however still on shopdisney. The shipping fee is $40 which normally I would say no way but DD is graduating university and the ceremony has been cancelled. I’m trying to figure out something special to do for her.

Has anyone here ordered from Shopdisney.com ? I’m wondering how it went...how long it took etc.
I tried to order the grad ears from a Disney shopper that I’ve connected with via FB but she said the ears are sold out on property. They are however still on shopdisney. The shipping fee is $40 which normally I would say no way but DD is graduating university and the ceremony has been cancelled. I’m trying to figure out something special to do for her.

Hi Hon
I wonder if Etsy has anything?

https://www.etsy.com/market/disney_graduation_ears
Hugs
Mel

they are one of the WORST for the import taxes and duty fees

Hi Hon
I wonder if Etsy has anything?

https://www.etsy.com/market/disney_graduation_ears
Hugs
Mel
I hadn't thought of Etsy. I had a browse through there and while some of those things are super cute it just wouldn't cut it with DD. In this specific case she would only want the authentic ears. She does shop Etsy often so I know there are things there that she likes. I just wouldn't even attempt it without her approval.

they are one of the WORST for the import taxes and duty fees
Ouch....that's not what I was hoping to hear. :sad:

I hadn't thought of Etsy. I had a browse through there and while some of those things are super cute it just wouldn't cut it with DD. In this specific case she would only want the authentic ears. She does shop Etsy often so I know there are things there that she likes. I just wouldn't even attempt it without her approval.

Ouch....that's not what I was hoping to hear. :sad:

What about using one of the cross border shopping websites? We have had great luck with that.

What about using one of the cross border shopping websites? We have had great luck with that.
I know nothing of this...curious to hear though???? However, after reading some of the posts that Marcy noted above.....it's sounds like a bad idea. I'm VERY surprised to read what some people have experienced.

I know nothing of this...curious to hear though???? However, after reading some of the posts that Marcy noted above.....it's sounds like a bad idea. I'm VERY surprised to read what some people have experienced.

We have used crossborderpickups.ca three times in the past 3 months and they have been great. You register on their site and they give you an address to use to ship your parcel to. When it gets to their address, they contact you and you let them know how you want it delivered. We pick up at their office in Toronto. They charge you a fee depending on weight and duties paid.

They have been very fast and really reasonably priced.

I went for a special trip to Sobeys for a big shop post-isolation. It's out of the way for us so I only go there when I can make it worth it. :)

I did two transactions - one on my husband's card which had a $50 for 50AMs on it, and one on mine. Managed to take advantage of a lot of Max-o-Miles promos. Also found another offer on goldfish crackers.

Total take home was not too bad - 512 AMs between the two transactions but keep in mind there was a big spend.

But guess what?

Forgot to use my "cash in 95" offer to complete the Bonus Boom. Fail!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter