• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Well I think i will just use the smartcanucks web site for Metro---it's easier for me.

This is what i get for a screen shot when I try going to Metro's web site
Hugs Mel
That;s how mine looked until last week and it drove me bonkers! I just assumed when i had the switch happen that everyone could see what i now see, you know what that word really means though, doncha :P

Granby zoo - VIP Day, meet small animals - package for one (1) - March 25, 2017
Granby Zoo
1050, boul. David-Bouchard Nord
Granby, QC J2G 5P3

Onyx members 1 airmile

I don't have time to do a full analysis of the flyer right now since i'm making daily treks into Toronto BUT the Rexall looks pretty great to me .. if nothing else it looks like most of the Nosh & CO snacks have bonus AM so you will be able to double-up when using the Shop the Block coupon! I'm really hoping those miles post quickly because I'm currently 50 short of the needed Cash Miles to use the coupon at Metro this weekend :eek:

Also has
Spend
$80.00 get 100 AM
Spend $60.00 get 60 AM
Spend $40.00 get 40 AM

And Netflix GC -- $60.00 gets 55 AM

**edited to ask, is there REALLY no flyer for that covers Thursdays?????
I have a question about the Netflix card. Can I use that for the subscription we have now? I have automatic payments so can I apply that to our account and just let the credit pay for the next 6 months? Also, about the gift cards, do you get airmiles for purchasing them? I'm thinking I can get some as xmas gifts but I won't if they don't count toward the spend X get X AM.
Thanks for the info.

Used 95 cash airmiles = $10.00 Metro "Shop the block" promo (got 28 bonus airmiles) --bought a box of burgers.
Picked up 134 airmiles via my grocery shopping,,,,is it me or have the prices at Metro and Sobeys come down?

I will be picking up some Kraft peanut butter (on sale for $2.99) at Sobeys this weekend and maybe a few other things like dish soap,,cookies.
My airmiles account was just updated and it has a note with 25 airmiles reward adjustment being credited ....I think it is for the Sobeys Urban Fresh "Shop The Block" promo that I complained about (online chat).
Happy shopping
Hugs Mel

I have a question about the Netflix card. Can I use that for the subscription we have now? I have automatic payments so can I apply that to our account and just let the credit pay for the next 6 months? Also, about the gift cards, do you get airmiles for purchasing them? I'm thinking I can get some as xmas gifts but I won't if they don't count toward the spend X get X AM.
Thanks for the info.
Yes, just go into your account and add the gift cards. They will be used against your account until they are gone -- easy peasy

The only Airmiles you will earn is the ones stated .. they will NOT count as part of the spend X get X but i don't see myself having any trouble tomorrow ... i'll be buying Nosh & Co treats so i can use the Shop the Block coupon (spend 15 get 30), Tylenol products (spend 20 get 20) and several other goodies!

Thanks for the info.
The last time Sobey's had a promo like this I bought a card and added it to my Netflix account. When it runs out it will switch back over to my credit card on file. That won't happen any time soon, because I am going to get another card this weekend ;).

So I think for me this week it's Rexall to use the 30AM Shop the Block offer and Foodland to use another. Sobey's has some good deals, but continues the trend of drastically reduced airmiles offers, which looks to be the new normal.

Does anyone know if I can triple up on Foodland Shop the Block coupons? I will use the "Spend X Get XAM", another one for the Prime meats, and finally a third for the deli meats. If I can use them all in one transaction hopefully I can get this promo wrapped up.

The last time Sobey's had a promo like this I bought a card and added it to my Netflix account. When it runs out it will switch back over to my credit card on file. That won't happen any time soon, because I am going to get another card this weekend ;).

So I think for me this week it's Rexall to use the 30AM Shop the Block offer and Foodland to use another. Sobey's has some good deals, but continues the trend of drastically reduced airmiles offers, which looks to be the new normal.

Does anyone know if I can triple up on Foodland Shop the Block coupons? I will use the "Spend X Get XAM", another one for the Prime meats, and finally a third for the deli meats. If I can use them all in one transaction hopefully I can get this promo wrapped up.

The Foodland and Sobey's Shop the Block coupons cannot be combined with other Bonus AM offer in terms of the coupons. You can combine a coupon with the store AM bonus offers.

I successfully used two Foodland STB coupons for the same purchase (spend $60 and Prime meat). I also stacked the three Jean Coutu STB coupons for the same $20 purchase and all points posted.

I successfully used two Foodland STB coupons for the same purchase (spend $60 and Prime meat). I also stacked the three Jean Coutu STB coupons for the same $20 purchase and all points posted.
I also used 3 coupons at once, cheese, cold meat and the spend X get X at Foodland and they all appeared on my receipt and posted to my account. This afternoon I'll be using the Nosh and one at Rexall, no problem using the MasterCard 7 times, and the one for Metro next weekend. If my miles from Rexall post before the weekend so I can use the one to redeem some cash miles I'll be done.

Regarding the lower rewards at Sobeys? Hubby says "honeymoon is over, we're not buying more gift cards even if they come with 1000 bonus" funny guy!!! But he's right, same thing happened when metro joined, they often had spend 25 get 100 and items on the shelves were outstanding

Good to know. The fine print says otherwise.

Newbie here. I currently earn 'Dream Miles' using my card. Can anyone explain how I can start earning Cash Miles as I feel I would have more interest in the rewards offered with Cash Miles.

Thanks!

Anyone in the Maritimes who has used the Lawtons STB offer:

Did your receipt start tracking the amount spent against the $95? Typically when I use a spend $95/get 95 offer, the amount is tracked at the bottom of the receipt. Both times I have shopped there it hasn't shown up. I watched the cashier scan my coupon on the first purchase.

If by chance I am not allotted the 95 miles, therefore, ruining my 7 coupons for 1900 cash miles, do I have to wait the 4 months to get Air Miles to add them into my account? Will I have to also harass them to add the 1900 miles to my cash account?

ugh.

Newbie here. I currently earn 'Dream Miles' using my card. Can anyone explain how I can start earning Cash Miles as I feel I would have more interest in the rewards offered with Cash Miles.

Thanks!
Super easy! On your home page you will see this at the top left of the screen
upload_2016-12-2_14-18-20.png
click on the little i and this box will pop up
upload_2016-12-2_14-18-58.png
Click on the blue box and adjust it to your desired ratio -- ours i currently 100% cash so i can use the Shop the Block coupon at Metro this weekend (those 145 miles i just earned at Rexall better post before Sunday!), after that it's going back to 100% Dream, too much work for me!
upload_2016-12-2_14-20-56.png

Ok
I did the Nosh and Co. "Shop The Block",
bought 2 large bags kettle chips Nosh & Co. 2x $2.49
1 case water Nosh & Co. $3.49
2 jars toffee and honey roasted peanuts Nosh & Co.2x $3.99
1 grab and go mixed nuts Nosh & Co..99
total
$17.44
No 30 points
The cashier added them manually but this still worries me that they will be considered a "Shop The Block" purchase.
I will keep the receipts.
This promo was a difficult one.
Hugs Mel

P.S. there is bonus points on Nosh and Co products right now.

Ok
total
$17.44
No 30 points
The cashier added them manually but this still worries me that they will be considered a "Shop The Block" purchase.
Hugs Mel

Aww sweetie, i don't think you met the conditions of the coupon

Offer valid December 2 to December 8, 2016. Minimum purchase of $15 or more on any Rose & Robin or Nosh & Co. chocolate, snacking, chips and candy products in a single transaction before taxes,
The water won't count towards the $15.00 you needed to spend, your total for the things that are in the list was only $13.95 :(

I also did the coupon but had no problem because we are addicted to the Nosh & CO Chocolate covered almond clusters after the last sale! I actually spent more than the required amount cause hubby also loved the deluxe nuts -- expensive perhaps but handy for the desk!

Ok
total
$17.44
No 30 points
Hugs Mel

I never thought about this. It happened to me as well and they had to add them manually.

Aww sweetie, i don't think you met the conditions of the coupon

Offer valid December 2 to December 8, 2016. Minimum purchase of $15 or more on any Rose & Robin or Nosh & Co. chocolate, snacking, chips and candy products in a single transaction before taxes,
The water won't count towards the $15.00 you needed to spend, your total for the things that are in the list was only $13.95 :(

I also did the coupon but had no problem because we are addicted to the Nosh & CO Chocolate covered almond clusters after the last sale! I actually spent more than the required amount cause hubby also loved the deluxe nuts -- expensive perhaps but handy for the desk!
Here is what I purchased.

Nosh Peach Rings $1.99
Rose & Robin Pecan Praline $5.99 (bought 2)
Rose & Robin Mini Candy Canes $2.99

Total was 16.96 before tax. Everything should have counted however I didn't receive the bonus 30 either. I did get the bonus 8 AM that Rexal offered.

I bought a combination of nosh chips and RR candies total was 19.48 I got 35 ( one of the tags said 5 bonus miles) bonus miles but on the receipt underneath it said shop the block coupon 0, so not sure if I will get credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter