Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I feel for you. Had my first knee replacement surgery today and am now home. I’m aching pretty bad. It’s such a quick turnaround.
They sent you home on the same day?!?!!! Holy crap, that's wild. Please make sure you take your pain relief medication on a regular schedule for at least the first week, if you wait until it hurts, it will take you too long to get back on top of the pain. Make your family take extra care of you and do you darned best to just stay put until you get the go-ahead from physio.

They sent you home on the same day?!?!!! Holy crap, that's wild. Please make sure you take your pain relief medication on a regular schedule for at least the first week, if you wait until it hurts, it will take you too long to get back on top of the pain. Make your family take extra care of you and do you darned best to just stay put until you get the go-ahead from physio.
Good advice, thank you 🙏🏾. Yes, surgery was at 8AM and I was home at 1:15. And that was with an hour drive home. They get you in then get you out. Hubby is hovering over me which is nice but getting old. lol.

Good advice, thank you 🙏🏾. Yes, surgery was at 8AM and I was home at 1:15. And that was with an hour drive home. They get you in then get you out. Hubby is hovering over me which is nice but getting old. lol.
Joint replacement is not the massive surgery that it used to be. Better material and much faster procedure. It is best to recover at home....the hospital is full of germs and sick people.

Keep moving but don't push yourself......Feel Better soon!!!!!

I've reached the "I'm gonna throw up" level of pain And, OMG how on earth do you expect me to put an ice bag on it when my sock made me cry. Watched a video on the first day where the doctor said some women say it hurts more than childbirth and men say kidney stones hurt less. I thought "wusses" guess mine wasn't bad yet.
Currently waiting for the drug store to open so I can talk to the pharmacist about the only medication that my doctor thinks will be safe for me to take. I'm allergic to all narcotics and can't take NSAIDs due to my eosinphollic gastritis (aka my entire gi system can break out in hives)

Also waiting for the HVAC team to show up for yet another stab at this disastrous install of our heat pump. We really want to get the house back together! Here's a few shots of what we're dealing with in our TV room
20240426_205432.jpg
Outside our bedroom
20240423_224105.jpg
The hideous mess that is our living room (gonna need to build a fake wall to hide the line set the sales jerk told us would be much smaller)

20240424_094513.jpg

I've reached the "I'm gonna throw up" level of pain And, OMG how on earth do you expect me to put an ice bag on it when my sock made me cry. Watched a video on the first day where the doctor said some women say it hurts more than childbirth and men say kidney stones hurt less. I thought "wusses" guess mine wasn't bad yet.
Currently waiting for the drug store to open so I can talk to the pharmacist about the only medication that my doctor thinks will be safe for me to take. I'm allergic to all narcotics and can't take NSAIDs due to my eosinphollic gastritis (aka my entire gi system can break out in hives)

Also waiting for the HVAC team to show up for yet another stab at this disastrous install of our heat pump. We really want to get the house back together! Here's a few shots of what we're dealing with in our TV room
View attachment 856404
Outside our bedroom
View attachment 856405
The hideous mess that is our living room (gonna need to build a fake wall to hide the line set the sales jerk told us would be much smaller)

View attachment 856416
That is a terrible install! wow. I can't even imagine!
Hope your foot feels better soon. My mom was told she had gout, she's vegetarian and doesn't eat any of the things that are supposed to cause it. She also can't take a lot of stuff because of allergies and diabetes. I believe she was able to find something that worked but not even sure what it was. Hopefully the pharmacist can help you out :(

#1 the quilt looks great on the sofa
#2 I hope your find relief soon for your foot. Nothing worse than being in pain and not able to take something to alleviate it.
#3 I agree with hdrolfe. That is the worst install job. They would have been better off ripping into the wall and ceiling space and you then having to do drywall repair. At least when all the work was done the wires are buried in a wall. I showed your pictures to DH, he was horrified.

I have the same type of A/C unit and almost went with a new A/C unit and Heat pump last year.

I was fortunate that my neighbor went first and after seeing his finished job I decided against the heat pump as it meant running huge wires and cable everywhere.

Also my Electrical panel would have to be upgraded.

I am lucky that my place is a one level & a ground floor Unit only.

My neighbor ended up hiring a company afterwards to build in encasement boxes and wire covers.

I will admit I still wish I had the Heat Pump,,, just not everything that comes with it.

Deep Breathe Hon
It is fixable.

Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter