Aheraton Vistana Resort Villas or Villages Villas??

firstwdw

DIS Veteran
I see Sheraton has 2 villa properties. Vistana Resort Villas on Vistana Centre dr and Vistana Village Villas on International Drive. Which is nicest? newest?

We stayed at the Village spring break 2022 then villas summer 2022. Then back to Villages the week leading to xmas. My family like Villages much better. It Is more compact than Villas. And although Villas are closer to Disney it wasnt a big difference going to Disney from villages for us.

There are threads for both Sheraton branded timeshare resorts on the Hotel & Accommodation Reviews sub-forum here with a wealth of information on each.

SVR (Sheraton Vistana Resort) is the original and is quite a bit bigger than SVV (Sheraton Vistana Villages). SVV is all newer high-rise buildings with elevators. SVR has some sections that are the same building layout (Cascades and Lakes) and some buildings that are newer than the older sections of SVV (development of the two properties overlapped for a while). However most sections of SVR are lower rise 2 to 3 storey buildings with walkup. It would be up to you to decide which you might like more. Personally we prefer the lower density areas where you park at the door of your villa as opposed to the high rise (and to me busier and noisier) sections.

Both properties are regularly refurbished, so that is pretty much a wash. Both resorts have sections that are newly refurbished and others that are nearing the end of the roughly 5-year cycle. I would describe the interiors of either as contemporary, with lots of stone and ceramic accents and darker wood tones for cabinets and furniture.

SVR, being the larger, has more amenities (activities and dining options) than SVV but they are spread out. So, there are 7 swimming pools at SVR to provide some choice, and different atmospheres (a couple tend to be quieter, others have popular activities for kids). SVV has 3 pools, and my recollection is that they are all pretty busy. One has a pirate ship play area in the pool which is very popular with the kids. Neither resort has a lazy river feature.

As mentioned above, access to the parks is really a wash - SVV might take at most 5 minutes more to reach the Disney parks, and 5 minutes less to Universal and Seaworld. Both have good access to the Outlets and Grocery stores - car recommended.

In choosing between the two, think about what type of accommodation you would like and what you want out of your experience. That might guide you more than when the resort was built. 'Nicer' is very subjective as the reasons why the PP liked SVV better are probably the opposite of the reasons why my family prefers SVR.

We've stayed at SVR and loved it. It is really big. Stayed in the Lakes section and room was refurbished. We are trying SVV this time because it's a better price on Costco and we just want to get away! SVV is smaller.

We've stayed at SVR and loved it. It is really big. Stayed in the Lakes section and room was refurbished. We are trying SVV this time because it's a better price on Costco and we just want to get away! SVV is smaller.

You can book SVV through Costco? I thought you could only book hotels on Costco's travel site. No?

You can book SVV through Costco? I thought you could only book hotels on Costco's travel site. No?
Yes, SVV and SVR are both available as hotel type stays as well. Marriott owns a fair number of the villa intervals directly and makes these available through hotel booking sites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter