After Park Closes

weluvdizknee

Mouseketeer
Hello,

Does anyone have fun ideas on what to do after the parks close, and you've already been to Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island?

Because we usually go in the off-seasons, the parks close earlier than we're ready to call it quits. My kids love to swim at the resort pools until midnight. The slides are less crowded, no chance of a sunburn and the water is well-heated.

Consider having a late dinner at a resort restaurant. If you can hold off that long! It will be less crowded and you can dine at a leisurely pace.

We also like to grab a late snack at the food court and walk around the resort. It is so different by moonlight!

I believe that POR has carriage rides during the evening. I'm not sure when they put the horses to bed. Could be very romantic.

Check out the campfire and movies at Fort Wilderness. They also have hayrides but I'm not sure how often they run or what time they end.

I'd love to hear what others have done!

We try to park hop and go to the earlier closing parks in the morning and then Epcot or MGM in the evening. Also, we try to eat dinner after we leave unless we want to eat at Epcot. This saves touring time and fills the evening up. This year we will be doing Medievel Times ( $46 a person...GASP) but DD (4) is an experienced rider and loves anything horse so she will have a blast. We have never done the Boardwalk but plan to this time after the parks close. We do DTD one nite ( gotta go to the World of Disney!). We have also hit the pools at 10 pm. It was fun, relaxed, and tired out my little one for bed!

Before I go nuts with my FAVORITE suggestion- I'll suggest a dinner show...the luau at the Polynesia is nice(not a particular favorite of ours but it was fun) Hoop dee doo muscal revue is GREAT!!! We loved it! There's also Mickeys Backyard BBQ- we're going to try & do that next time. My next suggestion would be mini golf... I'm not sure what time they stay open until but I know coming back to our resort I saw people out there at night! There's the winter summerland at Blizzard beach which has 2 similar, but opposite courses & Fantasia Gardens by the S&D (our favorite) which has a normal mini golf course & Fansatia greens...which look all together too complicated for me! & if you're over by the S&D.... & then you can take a stroll on over to my REAL suggestion which is......the Boardwalk!!!!! It's so much fun!! At night there'e entertainment all along the Boardwalk. Jugglers, traveling pianists, guys doing card tricks & sword swallowing! Theres little stands for you to buy crepes & ice cream & coffee - ... There are carnival games & the boardwalk shops are great. Then there are the restaurants...Spoodles (mediteranian food), Flying Fish (seasonal sea food) Big river Grille & Brewing Works (burgers & sandwiches along with home brewed beer) & the ESPN club... then there's the Boardwalk Bakery & Seashore Sweets with candy & ice cream!! The ESPN club has a gift shop & an arcade along with all of those HUGE TVs with every sports event possible!! There's Atlantic Dance (an 18 or older dance club) & Jelly Rolls (21 & over with dueling pianos!) And then theres the Surrey rides! There is SOOOO much to do there- we stay at the BW & we NEVER leave...there's no reason to! And because of the entertainment the transportation to & from the BW goes on till late at night/early morning! Have fun-- I know you will!!:D

Just a reminder, Atlantic Dance at the Boardwalk is now 21 and over -- regardless of whether or not a child is accompanied by parents.

Depending upon when they close, our favorite activity is to go to bed as it's usually past ten.

If a Park closes early (before 7:00 p.m.) we like to go over to Boardwalk. Afterwards, we take the boat over to Epcot to explore World Showcase as it's always open until 9:30 or later. We could see Illuminations several times during a trip!

I also agree with going back to the resort and letting the kids swim. This will really wear them out!

We also will take one evening to go to the Character Premiere Outlet store for some inexpensive souvineers and gifts.

Ditto. We go to bed so we can get up early and hit the parks. But if it is warm, we will go swim before we go to bed.

Don't forget about Bob Jackson at the River Roost Lounge, POR. Great fun for the whole family.

We were just down there and he entertained Wed-Sun beginning at 8:30 pm.

Just check before you head over.

Definitely a visit to the Boardwalk would be my first suggestion. You have impromptu entertainment, surrey bike rides, various games, dancing, nightclubs, good food, and a beautiful walk around the lake area. You can stroll over to Beaches & Cream for an ice cream sundae or take a walk over to Fantasia Gardens for mini-golf. This is also a great place to take a seat and just people-watch. I think whatever you decide, this is a great spot for the entire family.....just keep in mind that both Atlantic Dance Club and Jelly Rolls has a minimum age for entry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter