aerosol cans/airline list

elemusing

DIS Veteran
Can you pack aerosol cans (like hairspray or foot spray) in your carry on or checked luggage for the airplane? Will it expode? Is it legal?

Thanks,
Angie

thanks - I have looked all over the Internet for one of those lists that the faa and airlines were putting out after 9/11 but I couldn't find one. If anyone has a link to one, I would appreciate it.

Angie

I just posted about the orange alert and the fact I'm leaving tomorrow for WDW. THANK YOU for posting that link! Now I'll feel better about what I'm bringing on board.

Leslie (who only likes to be tied up and frisked in certain situations...leaving on vacations is not one of them!)

when we flew at the end of April, the lady
in front of me had her check-ins hand searched
and they wouldn't let take her aerosol can.
(check-in or carry-on) However it was a very
large can of hairspray!! I got worried because
I had a small can in my bag but they didn't
hand search mine. I would say if you take
a small can (sample size) it will be ok, but
if a scanner detects a big can you will
probably increase your chance of a hand
search.

First year flying I just bought hair spray and deoderant in Kissimmee, but last year we put them in our checked bags and they were fine. Just throw them in the suitcase and you should be fine...:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter