• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aerobed users??? Questions

sydconmom

Mouseketeer
Ok, I know you are out there....aerobed users!! Can you tell me are they easy to transport via airplane (they can be carry-ons right) are they heavy? Do they really inflate/deflate as quickly as they say? Do they fit in 1 bedrooms like I hear? Please fill me in!!! We are getting one for our trip in .....24 days!!!!:banana: :banana:

They have truly been a life saver on our DVC trips, every single time. Talk about a really great one time purchase. Okay, we don't carry them on to the plane, but you can. They have their own bag. We usually put ours in a big duffle, along with the food/snacks we're bringing and check it at the airport. No problems. No, they are not heavy, but I just find it so much easier to put in a rolling duffle and let the airline have it. I also stuff a fitted sheet and top sheet in there, DVC will supply the pillow and blanket in the closet. They fit in the one bedrooms, in the living room with ease. Then in the morning, we just place it up against a wall somewhere to have the room, or you could deflate it in seconds if you wish. Yes, it inflates very, very fast, its pretty amazing. Instant bed.

Another Aerobed fan here. We use it in a 1BR because DS and DD are too old to share the pullout couch, and we would rather not use up our points on a 2BR at this time. DD loves the Aerobed and there is plenty of room for it in the 1BR.

We used our twin size aerobed in a studio at SSR this summer. The kids (DD13,DS10) took turns sleeping on the pull-out & aerobed. We just stood it up against the wall during the day.

We are a family of 3 so a 1 bdrm is great for us. I have problems w/ people sleeping in my livingroom on vacation so I purchased the twin Size areobed from Kohls last year thanks to a great poster on the budget board. The bed inflates and deflates within a minute (you plug in for both) my dd9 LOVES it and thinks its so comfortable (this from a girl who has had 3 vertabrae surgeries during this last year) I ask for and receive a bed bar (whatever they are called) just so she doesn't roll onto the floor. Even dh took a nap on it one day and couldn't believe how comfy. I forget what exact aerobed we have but it has the "velvet" top (hopefully that means something) it also comes in its own bag but I will probably put it in a duffle and have dh carry it on the plane w/ us.

Yes, the aerobeds are as great as they sound. We have used a twin in the one bedroom w/o difficulty. They aren't heavy to carry on the airplane, and you can fit sheets into the bag it comes in. Have a great trip.:)

If you think you will use an aerobed regularly, you might consider Owner's Locker. Bring it once, store it in your locker, along with some other things, and have it delivered to and picked up at whatever resort you stay at the next time.

We use the Aerobed for DS and he loves it! I also hate the idea of using the pullout couch in the living room of a 1br and when we go to HH with friends and stay in a 2br, we also use it. We just have to move around the chair and lamp next to the TV in the bedroom and it fits just fine.

We have also always checked it at the airport.
:)

What size aerobed is best for this? I was thinking of buying one anyway,for our many overnight guests...but deciding on size- was considering a full or queen,but thinking it might be bulky or heavy for transporting anywhere....

What size aerobed is best for this? I was thinking of buying one anyway,for our many overnight guests...but deciding on size- was considering a full or queen,but thinking it might be bulky or heavy for transporting anywhere....

the best size in the villas is a twin. Anything bigger you'd really have to start moving alot of furniture. If its just one person, twin is perfect.

We have aero beds and also one from Walmart - Ozark brand I think - The latter is a raised one and we also had a rechargeable pump for that one as it did not come with its own. They have all worked well and we too put ours in a rolling duffle with a sheet and light blanket. Aero bed also has one that has a sleeping bag which really works well as then you don't need the sheet or blanket. We just check them through in the duffle with our other bags.

If you think you will use an aerobed regularly, you might consider Owner's Locker. Bring it once, store it in your locker, along with some other things, and have it delivered to and picked up at whatever resort you stay at the next time.

How much room, percentage wise, did it take up in your owners locker? What pump is used as well?
You've got me thinking.
Chris

How much room, percentage wise, did it take up in your owners locker? What pump is used as well?
You've got me thinking.
Chris

True Areo beds have the pump included - they do not work on anything else and you really can't blow one up with any other kind of pump. Our non aero bed is about the same size and we bought a rehargeable pump to inflate it. We don't use the owner's locker so can't tell you the percentage but the size of our single aero bed sport model with the sleeping bag is 22" tall X 15-16" diameter in the bag when rolled up tightly.

You've got me thinking.
Chris

Any other experiences on the Aero bed in a Studio? We will be staying in a mix of Studio and 1BR over the next year and am worried about the fit.
Thanks
Chris

Thank you so much for all the responses!! I picked up a twin aerobed today at Kohls....for $53!!!!!!! It was on sale from $129.99 (for $59.99....and I had a coupon). Thanks to the above poster who mentioned Kohls...I shop there alot for the kids and household items never thought they carried them! They do have them on line for the sale price as well!!!! What a bargain....Target wanted $104 for their cheapest aerobed!!! 22 days.....:banana:

How much room, percentage wise, did it take up in your owners locker? What pump is used as well? You've got me thinking.
An Owner's Locker is 20" x 22" x 13" high, so an aerobed will take up a good share of it, depending on the size of the aerobed. But because the aerobed is cylindrical in shape and the locker is a box shape, there will be room along the sides for toiletries, plastic bags, rain ponchos, coffee filters, etc.

We used the twin in a studio the last time we were there. We put it right by the entrance door at night and it fit fine.

An Owner's Locker is 20" x 22" x 13" high, so an aerobed will take up a good share of it, depending on the size of the aerobed. But because the aerobed is cylindrical in shape and the locker is a box shape, there will be room along the sides for toiletries, plastic bags, rain ponchos, coffee filters, etc.

We used the twin in a studio the last time we were there. We put it right by the entrance door at night and it fit fine.

Thanks Ladies.
Chris

I have been moving around alot this summer (house construction) We have a queen aerobed. I find it to be quite heavy.

Do you think 2 twin aerobeds would fit in the bedroom of a one bedroom? I would love to have all 4 of us sleep in the bedroom and then leave the living room set up just as a place to sit and watch TV.

Some of us are late sleepers and some of us get up earlier and I thought it might be nice if we were all in the bedroom at night and could just go out in the living area when we woke up.

Has anyone tried 2 of these in the master bedroom?

DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter