Status
Not open for further replies.
If those ride capacity numbers are correct, then it seems to be a head scratcher comparing the river journey with any of the boat rides in MK. I would have thought they'd shoot for Pirates of the Caribbean capacity. If correct, that means if you are waiting for 1 hour to get through Pirates, you'd be waiting 2 hours and 40 minutes to get the same amount of folks through Navi river journey.
If you wait 1 hour for Soarin' you'd wait an hour and 20 minutes for flight of passage.

I think your normal after the buzz wait time for FOP is probably going to be 90+ minutes.

if you look at the last six D/E ticket rides built (unless I'm missing one), the theoretical ride capacity that they appear to be aiming for is 1600:

2003 - Mission: Space - 1600
2005 - Soarin' - 1400 (two theaters)
2006 - Everest - 1800
2008 - Toy Story Mania - 1600 (two tracks)
2014 - 7 Dwarfs - 1650
2017 - FOP - 1600

This may need to be broken into it's own thread at this point. Unsure if you want to move it Rteetz.

Anyways, I think it shows that FOP is probably a pretty safe capacity level, and will come down in times. The river journey, seems very low capacity. Those who have ridden it, are the features timed to the boat passing by the scenes? Can you see the boat in front of you, and if not, do see an issue with adding more boats without ruining the experience?

If those ride capacity numbers are correct, then it seems to be a head scratcher comparing the river journey with any of the boat rides in MK. I would have thought they'd shoot for Pirates of the Caribbean capacity. If correct, that means if you are waiting for 1 hour to get through Pirates, you'd be waiting 2 hours and 40 minutes to get the same amount of folks through Navi river journey.
If you wait 1 hour for Soarin' you'd wait an hour and 20 minutes for flight of passage.

I think your normal after the buzz wait time for FOP is probably going to be 90+ minutes.

i think the fact that the ride got shorten due to budgets and also that this was originally to be the third of 3 attractions for the land so probably was ok with lower capacity - but it being really pushed as the 2nd main attraction it does feel low

The river journey, seems very low capacity. Those who have ridden it, are the features timed to the boat passing by the scenes? Can you see the boat in front of you, and if not, do see an issue with adding more boats without ruining the experience?

Boats each have 2 rows with a maximum of 4 guest per row... 8 guests max per boat.
The boats are loaded and unloaded (separately) 2 boats at a time.
They are also dispatched 2 boats at a time as soon as everyone is seated in both of the boats being loaded.

The couples times I've ridden it I never saw the load zone empty waiting for boats to arrive. Sure they could pack it with wall to wall boats and make it look like a floating omnimover, but the limiting factor isn't the number of boats in the water.

The limiting factor is that they can only load and unload 4 rows of 4 people at a time. Compare that to, say, Pirates where they unload and load 12 rows at a time. The only real way they could increase hourly ride capacity would be to rebuild the load station to allow the loading and unloading of 3 boats at a time. And that isn't going to happen.

man, that place is huge!

It was originally supposed to be two locations (three if you count the Neverland Tunnels underneath) The Edison and Walt's. There is some question as to whether Walt's is still happening and if it's not will the whole thing be "The Edison" or will half still be something else.

New DHS entryway

IMG_6188.JPG

New cast costuming building

IMG_6189.JPG

New muppet marquee, writers stop redo, and AT-AT.

IMG_6190.JPG

Toy Story land

IMG_6191.JPG IMG_6192.JPG IMG_6193.JPG IMG_6194.JPG

New retention ponds behind DHS

IMG_6195.JPG

Your bridge is now gone

IMG_6196.JPG

Yeah...space was at 105 and test track 90 when I looked

Having just been there for two weeks, a passing glance at wait times doesn't do justice to the issues going on. FoP was almost always 3+ hours. If it dipped below that, it was while something else was going on (ROL) or during the typical lunch and dinner times. However, the other parks were a mess at times. Space Mountain hit over 3 hours on more than one occasion, usually because other rides couldn't stay open. They had big problems with Splash Mountain, TMRR, TSMM, and Tower of Terror while we there on almost every single day. Every time one would close, wait times would go up and down wildly. Even Star Tours got over 90 minutes on a few occasions, and that usually has a 20-30 minute even during crazy times. We went to Avatar at 7am (extra magic hours) and only had a 15 minute wait, but at 7:30 when we cam out, the wait was 180. On a different day, we were there at 1am and the wait was still 90 minutes. The ride is crazy popular (and it is fairly amazing, between the visuals, the wind/motion and the smells they pump in), so anyone saying it isn't is just catching a momentary lull.

You're missing out on the pleasure island drinks at Dockside Margaritas Pete. They have 14 "throwback" drinks to places in Pleasure Island. Biggest thing I go to Disney Springs for is food. So many good options.

Meh, I find the idea of drinking a Kungaloosh with no Adventurer's Club to be about the most depressing thing that Disney could possibly do to me. I know there's good food there, but plenty of good food at the parks and resorts. Same thing with shopping. DS needs to have something I really want to experience I can't get anywhere else. Edison might do that for me.

Those overhead ariels of studios makes me remember just how SORRY Of a sized park it really is...

...I think you could fit the entire thing inside the fantasia ballroom at contemporary

Having just been there for two weeks, a passing glance at wait times doesn't do justice to the issues going on. FoP was almost always 3+ hours. If it dipped below that, it was while something else was going on (ROL) or during the typical lunch and dinner times. However, the other parks were a mess at times. Space Mountain hit over 3 hours on more than one occasion, usually because other rides couldn't stay open. They had big problems with Splash Mountain, TMRR, TSMM, and Tower of Terror while we there on almost every single day. Every time one would close, wait times would go up and down wildly. Even Star Tours got over 90 minutes on a few occasions, and that usually has a 20-30 minute even during crazy times. We went to Avatar at 7am (extra magic hours) and only had a 15 minute wait, but at 7:30 when we cam out, the wait was 180. On a different day, we were there at 1am and the wait was still 90 minutes. The ride is crazy popular (and it is fairly amazing, between the visuals, the wind/motion and the smells they pump in), so anyone saying it isn't is just catching a momentary lull.

...so if the whole place was in disarray...wouldn't that mean that's the lines in AK should be longer?

Hey @rteetz - what's this Walt's place you speak of? If its just like a bar with smoking and scotch, it would definitely carry Walt's memory and my dad would so keep it in my business...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter