advice on cribs

foofoo

Earning My Ears
Hi Was hoping all you experienced Disney Mom's (and Dads) could help me. I'm taking DD 2.3 to WDW in January. Right now we are planning to stay at Wilderness Lodge. Here's my problem. DD REFUSES to sleep in a "big girl bed" and also will not sleep in a pack n play. Any crib, anywhere, anytime is her motto. What to do? The beds at WL are queen sized anyway, so they would be too big for one small girl. Are there any Disney resorts with real cribs? Toddler beds? Can I rent one? (Would they allow one of those companies to set up a crib in our rooms?)

Thanks for any advice - 6 weeks and counting!

The cribs at the poly were portable cribs, wood, but not any bigger than a pack & play. Maybe your DD won't realize that it's smaller, as long as it's off the ground & has bars instead of mesh? My son, 2, was fine with it, but honestly, he will sleep anywhere :)

The monorail resorts have daybeds, which might work for a non-restless sleeper, if you add a bedrail. The rooms there are big, so you might even be able to make some kind of bed on the floor. Would she sleep on an aerobed?

Good luck!

Not sure about the crib situation at the Wilderness Lodge, but most of the Disney resorts have gone to the pack and play cribs, I think.

The Wilderness Lodge does not have daybeds, but you might ask for a room with one queen and a set of bunk beds. You could ask for bed rails and your daughter would feel all enclosed in a smaller (twin size) bed. She may actually even be really excited about it - most kids love the concept of bunk beds!

Good luck!

Hi Foo, We used a fabulous crib rental company in Orlando who delivered and set up our crib in our room before we even got there! Our crib was the large wooden style just like in our home, and it came with all the bedding included. It was clean, fresh, the price was right and the service was fantastic. Their website is www.abbf.com and the company is A Baby's Best Friend. The site has photos and eveything you could want.

Good luck and have a great trip!:wave:

We were at WL this summer and used the complimentary Pack-n-play but at check-in when I inquired what type of cribs they had, they gave me a choice of the pack-n-play or a full sized metal crib.

I have seen the hotels' "full size crib", and it is anything but. It is one of those metal barred, foldable, standard hotel 1/2 crib with the pack and play type 1" thick mattress. No thanks.

Have a great trip!:wave:

Did you use ABBF inside a Disney-owned hotel? Did they have a problem with an outside company bringing in a crib? or were they familiar with the company/procedure?

Thansk!

Hi Foo, we used ABBF at WL. The CM's at WL and the folks at ABBF indicated they are in and out of Disney hotels all the time, no problem.

Hope this helps.

Have a great trip!:wave:

We actually found the full size metal cribs were truly full size, and were plenty long enough for our 2 year old DD. She is in the 75th percentile for her age, so she is considered taller than average.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter