Advice...for an Adult themed Resort?

sonicblaze

Earning My Ears
Hi! I love Disney but the people I'm with are 100% against cheese. I thought it would be cool to spend two days at a disney resort and just relax, take in the scenery, and maybe visit Epcot.

Take into account I've stayed at an all star before and this is the perfect example of tacky decor. There was nothing impressive about the allstars.

I'm either looking for one of the moderate resorts OR a standard view room at Animal Kingdom lodge. I was wondering what you guys would do?

I can't afford a savannah view room as that is complete over our budget (The lowest comes to 700$ canadian for two nights, we can't go above five hundred.)

I'm wondering if a standard room there is comparable to any of the moderates and if not which moderate would be the most appropriate? I don't want to get there and regret my choice...

So all thoughts are welcome!

I'd either take the standard view at AKL, but tell them you want an upper floor (not guaranteed) or go to POFQ. At the AKL if they aren't full they almost always will upgrade standard views to pool views.

One nice thing about AKL is that you don't need to leave the resort for dinner, both nights you can eat there at two wonderful restaurants.

AKL also has great transportation because they don't share with any other resorts.

Anne

Hi there :p

I have only stayed at the moderates (as you can see) but would love to sometime be able to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I think any of the moderates would be your best bet - no cheese. Take a look at the website and see which moderate would be more suited to you and then you can decide from there. When we first went to Disney we started with CBR and just got hooked ~ we know our way around and why change a good thing? However, I would love to stay at AKL! Good Luck!

You can often get an upgrade at the AKL free of charge; however, if you pay for a standard room, you're booking a view of the parking lot (and road noise, ugh!). Depending on the time of year you visit, you will probably get upgraded, though it may be to a pool view room. The AKL is great, but it is the animals that make it worth the price of admission. Sure, there are plenty of chances to view the animals from other parts of the hotel, but I wouldn't pay for a standard room. Have you looked at the Swan or Dolphin? These are probably the most "Adult" themed resorts at Disney, and with an Entertainment card, you can get them for around $160/night. Also, these resorts offer enviable access to Epcot, with views of illuminations.

A good choice for a moderate resort would be the CBR. The tropical, Carribbean theming is very beautiful. You can talk peaceful strolls on the walkways, use the boats or bikes or just relax by the main pool or the more quiet pools in the islands or relax on the hammocks on the beaches. The buildings are bright as are the rooms. On each of our trips to the CBE, we have found the rooms to be clean and good sized.

You need to find a resort with a character strip joint where characters like Goofy slowly strip down into the people inside in a dark seductive atmosphere.

No I'm not serious - are you sick? - April Fools!!!

When are you planning on going? Codes could come into play. Or, there is usually a Canadian at par special in the fall.

I would recommend POR. This is a beautiful resort. The grounds are lovely and we spent a lot of time at the quiet pool. There is a sit down restaurant here (great food) and a lounge. I think this is a very adult oriented resort. We spent part of our honeymoon here and then brought my parents the next year. Look at some of the pics on the DIS and you will see how beautiful it is.

Originally posted by Demosthenes
Have you looked at the Swan or Dolphin? These are probably the most "Adult" themed resorts at Disney, and with an Entertainment card, you can get them for around $160/night. Also, these resorts offer enviable access to Epcot, with views of illuminations.

There is a $139 rate available June - September at the S-D, and you can check out the All Ears site, I think there's a code for a $162 rate as well. If you plan to visit Epcot on your stay, I would stay near Epcot, since it is within walking distance. The Swan & Dolphin also have a great pool. (No Mickey soaps, or Mickey wake up call...but doesn't sound like that would be a problem for your friends.) Check out the Swan and Dolphin thread here on the boards, some great pictures have been posted in the last few days, especially of the 3 acre Grotto pool.

And, the "heavenly beds" are really really comfortable. It was the best bed I've ever had the opportunity to sleep on in any hotel. The Swan has been totally remodeled just recently and all the rooms have those heavenly beds now.

Choices... choices!

Lisa

For a moderate, why not try Port Orleans French Quarter.

For a deluxe either the Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge.

AKL beats the socks off any of the moderates. Even in a standard room - and I have stayed in a standard room before. Ask for an upper floor, though, unless you get upgraded.

I also think the Swan/Dolphin would fit your needs. The pool was great. Not too many children running around and never a problem finding lounge chairs. You can walk to Epcot, MGM and the Boardwalk. It's a wonderful location for an Adult vacation. Go to www.dreamsunlimited.com and see if you can get the $139 rate.

I would suggest, in this order:

1) Boardwalk Inn
2) Animal Kingdom Lodge
3) Grand Floridian
4) Wilderness Lodge
5) Yacht Club
6) CSR--- has the amenities of a deluxe, but the price of a moderate

Whatever you decide, I hope that you find what you are looking for and enjoy it! :)

I would also research the Swan/Dolphin before I stayed in the moderates. It is really a deluxe hotel and they have some really good deals as mentioned above. I have stayed at Swan/Dolphin, moderates, and AKL, and would pick Swan/Dolphin hands-down.

We are 'kid-less' also, so our trips are always adult-only. We really love the Boardwalk area for the many choices in dining, all within walking distance, plus being so close to EPCOT World Showcase and all the wonderful dining that comes with that as well.

Good luck with your decision!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter