Adult birthday parties?

Toti

Earning My Ears
Here's another "please don't laugh" item, but I want to do something special for my older sister, who will be a VERY YOUNG 59 next September. We're already staying on-site, doing MGM, Poly Luau, etc., but I want to take her to 8Traxx Saturday night, spend a little time with "our" disco music ( I asked you not to laugh), then celebrate her "New Year" at midnight. Is there a way to let the people at 8Traxx know ahead of time so they'll do something, play a favorite song, whatever? Maybe a CM at the hotel where we're staying? I can't find any boards about this, only about 8Traxx being really great. Help me if you can!!
:cool1:

after you check in - go to guest services and ask them what they can do.

also you know about the birthday cake from the hotel or ballons or flowers from the Disney florist right?

I don't usually surf over on this board, but this is the 2d time tonight I have suggested www.giftsofalifetime.com. They did an AMAZING job for my dh's birthday, it was so worth the $$$. We still talk about it. They have sample events on the site and can make you a perfect custom event.

Also, look for places that have kids b-day parties. If you plan ahead, they can do balloons. At Disneyland, the equivalent to Chef Mickey's (Goofy's Kitchen) did b-day parties and I charged balloons ahead of time. They gave them to him when we were seated. I also had a wrapped gift-- I excused myself with is hidden in my big pocketbook and gave it to the hostess who had a character (Donald Duck) bring it out. he was really funny with the Mickey wrapping paper-- he didn't like it! at all!

Originally posted by cupcake
I don't usually surf over on this board, but this is the 2d time tonight I have suggested www.giftsofalifetime.com. They did an AMAZING job for my dh's birthday, it was so worth the $$$. We still talk about it. They have sample events on the site and can make you a perfect custom event.

Cupcake - I checked out that website, and it sounds cool (but pricey). What was the special event that they did for your DH??

We did a custom concept that was just awesome. I have some medical problems and have a special stuffed little mouse that always goes to the hospital and dr with me. She sits on the mantel in our den when she's not keeping me company when I need a smile. Without telling my dh, I got an identical mouse on Ebay. We had a one night stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge before leaving on the Disney Cruise and I made dinner reservations for us at Jiko. It turned out that Jane (our pixie) was going on the Disney Cruise herself the week before us! I sent her the stunt double mouse. The concept was that -- GASP -- our mouse would be mousenapped by Disney Villains who were going on the cruise (hey, even villains need a break!). My dh and I would have to do a scavenger hunt to get clues to rescue her so she could cruise with us! It was hysterical and as much fun for me as him as this was all I knew (my dh knew nothing). Jane had the Disney folks deliver the ransom note with my dh's complimentary dessert (we had not mentioned that it was his b-day so boy was he surprised when the cake and note came over!). All of the notes and clues were laminated and had pictures and text. The ransom note set up the story and told us where to search for the first clue. Each clue had a different picture of the stunt double mouse (really funny ones taken on the cruise) and text that told the mousenapping story, plus a clue to get to the next clue. After many clues, we finally located a key that unlocked a locker that had a clue telling us to go to our room, where there was a basket with champagne, glasses, a candle, chocolates and... our mouse! (well, the stunt double) wearing a miniature Disney Princess hat.

We then got a call from Jane and went down to meet her and hear about her adventures cruising with our mouse! It was really well done and creative. Before choosing this, I found a few reviews of other events which sound as great as ours. http://allearsnet.com/btp/pixie.htm

Our event took place entirely at the AKL. Yes, it was expensive but I unconditionally recommend this if the price is something you can do. When we consider the effort that went into creating our surprise and how well it was executed, it was definitely worth it. Like I said, we still talk about it! If you e-mail me, I can send you a few pictures.

If you do decide to do it, you have to tell me what you end up with!

Wow, those are a lot of great ideas! Since I'm the one who asked the question in the first place, I should have checked back before tonight (I was too busy hanging around the other boards..sorry), but thanks for all the great ideas and suggestions. The "mousenapping" scheme was absolutely fabulous; it would make a good Disney movie! ::yes::
I do know about the cake, etc. and we're already planning something for the Luau, at least one character breakfast, etc., but I wanted to finish it all with a special couple of hours at 8Traxx before the nightly New Year's Party at PI. The idea is that everyone will be celebrating my sister's "new year" princess:
I'm thinking of bringing a tape of some really old and favorite disco music (maybe a CD copy will be better), excuse myself to the "bathroom" while our two cousins distract her and ask one of the DJs to make an announcement wishing her a Happy Birthday and then play one of her favorite songs. Of course, the other part of this amazing plan is that we will be 4 unaccompanied over-50 gals (well, one is 40something) who will end up dancing together, and since we're all cousins & look so much alike they might think it's a new group of characters (the "Diskettes"?) At this age I don't care how stupid we look; the CMs dressed in polyester won't look any better, and I KNOW we dance way better than they do (had enough practice in the 1970's - ahem....) :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter