ADR 10/9 Sold Out before 6am

Interesting. I was on both app and website at 3, 4:30, 5:30, and 5:55 Pacific time and nothing opened up for me until exactly 6. I was only looking at Lamplight.
That's scary! As someone who can't visit often, I'd love to have less stress about landing ADRs, but I know everyone is going through it. It's been 12+ years since I've been able to visit Disneyland, and boy have things changed!!!

One problem with the app: if you select a time slot before 6am, it can cache the "didn't find anything" message, and will continue to display that after ADRs are actually available. And you have to manually clear the cache for it to reset, which is painful.

The best thing to do is to not hit any time slots until after 6am.

Does closing and reopening the app clear the cache?
I tried just now on Android, and it didn't.

On Android, you can hard press the app icon, select the i button that pops up, hit Storage on the next page, and hit Clear Cache on the bottom. (Not sure about iOS.)

Are you sure? Did they announce it somewhere?
I was planning an April trip, and had been planning on getting up at 3am, and they changed it right before my days came available. I was grateful to not have to get up three hours earlier. (Might have been beginning of February, but it was an abrupt change - they didn't announce it.)

My post about it back then.

I booked Trader Sam's and Lamplight for September at 6am last month, so unless they changed it back in the last month (which seems unlikely given the responses in this thread), I assume it's still 6am.

Last edited:
Did you get a BB or Ogas ADR? I never saw those even become available and I was on before 6am (pst).
No, I only wanted Storytellers and the WOC desert party. Got WOC first right at 6 pst, then got Storytellers immediately after. I had tried at both 4 and 5 pst.

One problem with the app: if you select a time slot before 6am, it can cache the "didn't find anything" message, and will continue to display that after ADRs are actually available. And you have to manually clear the cache for it to reset, which is painful.

The best thing to do is to not hit any time slots until after 6am.
Yeah, I had this happen so I just scrolled down the restaurants to the one I wanted, opened it and then searched for a table from that particular restaurant page, not the main page.

I saw that! I wonder if Ogas just sold out fast and maybe BB times haven't been released yet? Trying to find some pattern in when these ADRs become available. I wonder who's in charge of posting them each day!
Btw - for Oga's, you don't necessarily need to stress getting an ADR. They vastly expanded the walk-up availability this year, so it's a lot easier to get in if you don't have an ADR. You might have to go a little early if you want to guarantee getting in, but it's much much easier to do so than it was. (I think that's why those ADRs are going so astronomically fast.)

In general, they've seemingly increased walk-up availability at a lot of places, possibly to alleviate some of this nightmare. (At varying times this year, Carnation was all walk-up for one of their meal periods.)

If you can't get a BB ADR via any of the reservation reminder websites, some folks have said that they've had luck walking up in person that day and getting a spot.

I was up checking for reservations for Oct 3,4,5 and everything but the WOC dessert party opened at 6 am Pacific. The dessert party opened just after 3 am Pacific.

Oga’s was completely gone in a minute. Trader Sam’s lasted til 0603 if you wanted a reservation at 10:55 pm. Other Han that gone within the first minute. Dessert party sold out for the first show about 0615 (I assume that was being booked at same time as others).

FWIW the post I linked from the Plan Disneyland board is from June 2022

ADR's at Disneyland have been like reading tea leaves since they opened back up - it's a mystery when the release them I think.
Except that everyone in this thread who booked ADRs in the past week noted that they opened at 6am. Yes, there are variances, but the person who wrote that PlanDisney answer was mistaken - it's (mostly) been 6am since late January.

For the record, PlanDisney answers aren't written by Disney employees: "planDisney is the official source for Disney vacation planning advice. Get helpful answers to all your questions, from a panel of experienced Guests."

We are also experienced guests.

That's why I try not to post about my own experiences with DLR unless I've done it recently. Even my February experience doesn't mean it's still that way, nor does my July experience - things at DLR change frequently. That's what I like best about this board - people doing this stuff right now and can confirm what the current situation is.

I got up early Sunday morning to try for Oga's for October 6th. Since I'd heard different times I got up at (CA Time) 2:50, 3:50, 4:50 and 5:50 am. Yeah, not a good night's sleep. Ends up Oga's went available at 6:00am CA Time. I hit the button right at 6am. Got 6:40 pm. It only gave me one other dinner time choice of 8 something. Not sure if any others existed. So long story longer: 6am appeared to go live and Oga's "may" have been all booked in about a minute. After I'd made mine I looked again just for kicks and nothing.

Except that everyone in this thread who booked ADRs in the past week noted that they opened at 6am. Yes, there are variances, but the person who wrote that PlanDisney answer was mistaken - it's (mostly) been 6am
since late January.

Sorry but, I listened to everyone that said 6AM and for the first day got what I wanted, Olga's right at the dot of 6AM. Then quickly looked at the rest of the ones I wanted for the week I will be in DL in September and most were gone. So the next few days after that I got up at 3AM Pacific and got all the ressies I wanted. So everyone, as they say, you miles may vary.

Any tips on the elusive River Belle Terrace 7:15 seated Fantasmic package? Going to give it a shot trying to reserve this week!

I tried just now on Android, and it didn't.

On Android, you can hard press the app icon, select the i button that pops up, hit Storage on the next page, and hit Clear Cache on the bottom. (Not sure about iOS.)

I was planning an April trip, and had been planning on getting up at 3am, and they changed it right before my days came available. I was grateful to not have to get up three hours earlier. (Might have been beginning of February, but it was an abrupt change - they didn't announce it.)

My post about it back then.

I booked Trader Sam's and Lamplight for September at 6am last month, so unless they changed it back in the last month (which seems unlikely given the responses in this thread), I assume it's still 6am.
I was able to clear my cache in the app on my Pixel that way. Thanks!

Are all disneyland adr's 60 days or is it 60+ days for resort guests (like at wdw)?

All have to be booked one day at a time, no advantage for resort guests, unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter