• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adding Tickets to App and Naming Prior to Arrival

Tigger Trainer

Mouseketeer
If you scan a ticket purchased from another venue other than Disney into the app prior to going through the turnstiles for the first time, do you still get to associate a name with that ticket, or does it only show the ticket number?

As of November you couldn't add a name if you purchased from a third party. It was super fun keeping track of 7 tickets with maxpass and figuring out who was who! haha

I seem to recall being able to do this when we went last month but I can't say for sure.

Yes you can. I just bought tix from LMT. Scanned them into the app and was able to put our names on them.
Thank you for sharing! I have some LMT tickets & wondered if I could name them for sure as I had heard reports that you couldn't!

How do you name tix? I bought direct thru Disney online, and linked with barcode onto APP. Didn’t notice a way to name. Is it too late?

Do you have to use your first and last name, or can you just use nicknames (e.g. "Pete" instead of "Peter Smith")

I don’t see how you can do it. I bought the tickets on the website, then added to the app. I don’t see a place to name tickets. Based on what I watched on YouTube, it’s only for AP.

If you buy from Disney AND buy them through the APP, you can name them.

I bought 4 (3 adults, 1 child) 4 day park hopper tickets yesterday through LMT for a trip in July. Adding and and naming them through the Disneyland app (ios) was a piece of cake. As soon as I scanned in each ticket there was a prompt to add a name.

Thank you all, it is great to know that they have added the feature for this.

For those who may have added and didn't have the option to add a name, back in August I had to call Disneyland IT and they changed it from there.

I bought 4 (3 adults, 1 child) 4 day park hopper tickets yesterday through LMT for a trip in July. Adding and and naming them through the Disneyland app (ios) was a piece of cake. As soon as I scanned in each ticket there was a prompt to add a name.
Thank you so much for sharing this! I have LMT tickets for our August trip but have been hesitant to add them to the app until I could name them. Anyone know if I happen to name the ticket the wrong name is there a way to fix it? Can I delete the ticket & add to app to rename with the corrrect name?

Thank you so much for sharing this! I have LMT tickets for our August trip but have been hesitant to add them to the app until I could name them. Anyone know if I happen to name the ticket the wrong name is there a way to fix it? Can I delete the ticket & add to app to rename with the corrrect name?

There does not appear to be a way to rename a ticket within the app once it has been entered. There is a “Delete This Ticket” option after the ticket is entered and named. I’m not sure, but perhaps the ticket could deleted and reentered with a different name? You might want to wait until someone else can chime in as I would hate to have deleting a ticket from the app have some sort of unintended consequence.

We had two-day tickets from LMT last December that we were able to scan and name as soon as we got them. However, in the event that you miss out on being able to name them, they may also be identifiable by color - we didn't get to choose the colors, but each of our three tickets was a different one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter