Adding one person to a Theme Park Reservation to a park with no availability

Disney's Fan

Mouseketeer
Three people in my family have AP theme park reservations for May 4 at Hollywood Studios. (My older son really wants to go on May 4-“May the Fourth Be with You”, otherwise I would just switch DHS to another day.) My younger son is now able to go on this trip with us, but for his ticket type (AP) there is no availability for DHS on that day. I’m wondering if others could give advice on options the I’ve considered below or can offer other suggestions.
1) Get him a reservation for Epcot then he can hop over to join us once he taps in at Epcot. (My concern is park capacity. I don’t know how quickly DHS fills up to capacity where they wouldn’t allow hopping. )
2) Call and see if I can cancel my reservation to give to him. (Have any of you tried that with success? What number to call to ask?)

Thank you in advance for any guidance.

Three people in my family have AP theme park reservations for May 4 at Hollywood Studios. (My older son really wants to go on May 4-“May the Fourth Be with You”, otherwise I would just switch DHS to another day.) My younger son is now able to go on this trip with us, but for his ticket type (AP) there is no availability for DHS on that day. I’m wondering if others could give advice on options the I’ve considered below or can offer other suggestions.
1) Get him a reservation for Epcot then he can hop over to join us once he taps in at Epcot. (My concern is park capacity. I don’t know how quickly DHS fills up to capacity where they wouldn’t allow hopping. )
2) Call and see if I can cancel my reservation to give to him. (Have any of you tried that with success? What number to call to ask?)

Thank you in advance for any guidance.
I'd wait until you get there and speak to GS. We have had luck in a situation like this in the past. Certainly not a guarantee, but I think worth a try. Otherwise, just have him tap into Epcot at opening and turn around and go to DHS. I highly doubt they'll stop park hopping so early in the morning.

Keep trying to actually book him a DHS reservation - do not go by the availability calendar as it is not updated real time. If not successful, he can go to another park and hop over to DHS. There should be no problem doing that.

DHS is busy May 4th so many are trying to do what you are. It will be busy but should be doable tapping into one park and then hopping to DHS.

Whenever I am not able to find a res, it’s just like the old FP system- check all the time whenever you have free time. Someone WILL cancel or they’ll drop more spots and you’ll be able to snag it up. It’s just a big time commitment. I’m sure there’s someone you could try to call if you were able to find a number and they could probably help? But going through all the menus would be annoying, but the whole system as a whole generally is whether you’re constantly checking for a res or trying to go through menu land to speak to someone.

Thank you all for the suggestions! I’m going to try constantly checking as suggested. If I decide to call and see if anyone can assist, I’ll report back the outcome. I checked the price for a one day ticket to DHS, and it was $169 before tax, but it’s available to purchase as of now. Too pricey for me, but good to see it is available. Thank you all, again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter