Adding on. Question about combinig points.

timC

DVC Member at BWV
We just purchased a 100 point add-on at VWL, to go with our membership at BWV. We were thrilled to hear about this new vacation property. and the timing was right for us to jump in now..Wilderness Lodge is very special place.

We're going to use these points to fill in the year with a couple of extra short trips. I realized recently, that after our initial purchase at BWV in 1999, I was still buying cash ressies... Hopefully this will plug the leak.

Now for my questions...

I guessing that in time, these extra points will no longer suffice... But with VWL almost sold out, we'll likely have to add on at yet another (3rd) vacation club resort. BCV, perhaps? How is this going to work? I mean, if I want a big vacation, that might require all my available points combined, how will this work? Will I be able to use an 11 month booking window somehow? And what about trading all my combined points in for a non-disney vacation, or even disney cruise, etc. Can add-ons from multiple resorts be combined to take advantage of these options?

Thanks in advance...

when you buy points for a certain DVC resort you get to use that 11 months window for that resort. So no you can not combined your points to book at say BCV.

However to do the Cruises, or anything that is not DVC resort you can combined your points.

I have points at OKW, VWL, BWV and VB. I use VB for beach vacations. I use VWL and BWV for my december trip - change each year - one year VWL the next BWV. OKW for everything else - I generally go 3 to 5 times a year. I love DVC.

You can bank and borrow to increase the number of points available for an 11 month reservation. For example, you have 100 WLV points. You could bank the points for this year and have 200 next year that you could use at the 11 month mark for WLV or 300 if you also borrow from the next year after that. If you wanted to also stay at BCV and didn't have any points there, you should make a reservation that covers your entire stay at the other resorts at 11 months, then try to switch over some days at 7 months.

When you are booking outside of DVC, be careful to specify which resort points you want them to use.

You might also keep an eye out for a resale at BWV or VWL that matches your use year for your existing contract there. I think I could figure out how to bank, borrow and such with two contracts at two resorts. Going to three resorts.....my goodness!

I know there are many who have multiple contracts....Doc, I think you're pretty much topping the list....but it seems like it would sure be easier if you could get a resale at a resort you already own. And if you can match a use year....well, that's just gravy! :)

Add-on-itis.....is there no cure?:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter