Added on AKV and got ressie for May/08!

Tiger926

DIS Veteran
I don't post much on the DIS anymore as I've had a couple of bad experiences this past year, but I read this and the other DVC boards each day, so I had to post as we are so excited! This week I had a brilliant idea to add on 100 points at AKV as our Canadian dollar is so low and so yesterday we added on our points, and got 200 Developer points. Today, after just returning home from a friend's wedding, we were able to do the following with Member Services:

1) Book a 1bedroom standard view, 1 week for May 2008 for our son's 1st trip home

2) Transfer our existing DCL ressie over to points (used our Developer Points) - same confirmation number and everything!

We are now using the money that we would be spending on the cruise, and using this towards our new add-on at AKV instead. We needed to just borrow a few points for our cruise, but since our use year is June, this worked out very well!

An add-on wasn't in our future for quite awhile, as we only had 1 child and didn't think we would be blessed with another, so studios would have been fine, but God blessed us with our beautiful son a few weeks ago and so now, we have upgraded ourselves to 1bedrooms. We used to spend 11 nights/12days at SSR in studios each July (I am a teacher), so now, we will spend each July at either SSR or AKV (my hubby and daughter love Animal Kingdom!) for a few less days, but in 1 bedrooms.

We are very excited to say the least! Just wanted to share this awesome news, as my hubby and I have learned so much from the DVC boards, and we actually wouldn't have known about the current incentive if not for the DVC boards, so thanks a bunch!!

Thanks, Tiger :grouphug:

Congratulations! We bought at SSR last August and this past week added on125 points at AKV after we saw the model units at SSR on our recent vacation. We are excited to use the 200 developer points, too! Enjoy your trips with your family!! :thumbsup2

Congratulations! We bought at SSR last August and this past week added on125 points at AKV after we saw the model units at SSR on our recent vacation. We are excited to use the 200 developer points, too! Enjoy your trips with your family!! :thumbsup2

Thanks! We absolutely love DVC!!!

As an aside, can you tell me how I can get the banner type DVC resort photos you have in your signature (I like the DVC California one:))? I posted a new thread, but I'm not sure if people are going to know what I mean?

Thanks, Tiger

Congratulations on your new son!!! and... Welcome Home, AKV neighbor!!!

Bobbi:banana:

Congratulations on the add-on and your new baby! I think that with the 2 kids you will love the 1bdrms in the future. Looks like you are my DVC and Ontario neighbor-we are close to the border on the US side. Enjoy!

Thanks! We absolutely love DVC!!!

As an aside, can you tell me how I can get the banner type DVC resort photos you have in your signature (I like the DVC California one:))? I posted a new thread, but I'm not sure if people are going to know what I mean?

Thanks, Tiger

I keep forgetting how to add the signature pictures, so the last time I looked through the threads until I found one where someone asked how to add pics. Someone will have the link to the DISer who has easy-to-follow directions as well as a selection of pictures to choose from. I know this is probably not a very clear set of directions, but I hope it helps a little!!

(I just noticed that you have the SSR logo. I found your thread about adding signature pictures and you were wondering how to add another picture. You can copy and paste any of the posters' logo pictures - including my Grand Californian one - and go to "edit signature" and add them under your SSR logo. Click the "enter" button at the end of your SSR logo picture line and then you should be able to add the other ones below it. Hope this makes sense!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter