Add me to the list CC# taken **** w/ update p3

jillyjoey

DIS Veteran
Just thought I would warn everyone. . . I had a bunch of unauthorized charges on my Disney Visa. They were things like BMG, Columbia House, Video Professor that I DID NOT sign up with.

I hate to point fingers but I did the FunksUnlimited tee shirt offer on SR and that is the only purchase I used my Disney Visa.

Well - no more purchases for me -- :headache:

Oh wow, I'm so sorry this is happening. I just checked my card and so far I'm fine. I didn't do the funksunlimited offer though.

Maybe all of you who have had problems recently can post the offers you've done and compare notes? Sounds like they must be related somehow.

Hope you get it all worked out! I'm definitely keeping a close eye on my account!

If this fraudulent activity is crossing state lines, then isn't it a Federal crime? I would think that everyone affected could compare notes & then maybe someone needs to contact the FBI if a causal relationship seems to be true.

agnes!

I've been trying to kind of watch which offers people have reported that they did and then later had unauthorized charges. I did the FunksUnlimited one and did not have any problems. However, I know that they did pull the offer down last week.

It's interesting that a lot of you are getting charged for things that pay out big commissions through affiliate programs (Video Professor, music clubs, etc). It makes me think that there must be some kind of popup or spyware or something getting inserted through some of these networks and someone is watching what you buy at a reputable site (like FunksUnlimited) and then grabbing your credit card number.

Have you done a really thorough spyware search of your computer since it happened?

I've been trying to kind of watch which offers people have reported that they did and then later had unauthorized charges. I did the FunksUnlimited one and did not have any problems. However, I know that they did pull the offer down last week.

It's interesting that a lot of you are getting charged for things that pay out big commissions through affiliate programs (Video Professor, music clubs, etc). It makes me think that there must be some kind of popup or spyware or something getting inserted through some of these networks and someone is watching what you buy at a reputable site (like FunksUnlimited) and then grabbing your credit card number.

Have you done a really thorough spyware search of your computer since it happened?

I did that offer on my work computer :rolleyes1 which is probably the most secure of any computer that I could possibly use (government). I'm not up on what's on my home computer but I haven't made any purchases over my home computer.

I did that offer on my work computer :rolleyes1 which is probably the most secure of any computer that I could possibly use (government). I'm not up on what's on my home computer but I haven't made any purchases over my home computer.

Absolutely. Employer computers tend to be the least likely to pick up any kind of spyware. I'll report this to my contact with the advertiser just in case she has heard anything similar from other websites. You never know.

It's disturbing to me, though. We are so careful at SR to not record any kind of personal information that could be used. The only thing we have are Paypal accounts, and no one has ever reported any abuse or fraud with us on those. This credit card issue has me worried though about the advertisers that we work with.

Absolutely. Employer computers tend to be the least likely to pick up any kind of spyware. I'll report this to my contact with the advertiser just in case she has heard anything similar from other websites. You never know.

It's disturbing to me, though. We are so careful at SR to not record any kind of personal information that could be used. The only thing we have are Paypal accounts, and no one has ever reported any abuse or fraud with us on those. This credit card issue has me worried though about the advertisers that we work with.

I went back and reviewed everything I've used my Disney Visa on. The only online purchases were disneyshopping.com, books a million, and funksunlimited -- each time through the SR link. The only place else I've used my Disney Visa is for groceries at WalMart - which I swipe my card myself. All of the charges posted on the same day 4-11. I've used disneyshopping with no problems before. It was my first time with books a million (I usually shop in person).

The representative at Disney Visa asked me if the funksunlimited showed it was a secure site. .. honestly, I couldn't remember -- but I don't think I would have entered my CC without seeing the secure sign.

I was one of the persons who also had their cc # taken as well, however I didnt do the funksunlimited offer. Hmmmmm I just cant think of what it is though. :confused3

I was one of the persons who also had their cc # taken as well, however I didnt do the funksunlimited offer. Hmmmmm I just cant think of what it is though. :confused3

That's what so bothersome -- why would someone use my CC to sign me up for Columbia DVD Club??? I know I did not did it or Video Professor or BMG. That was the only "offer" I did. Do you think it could be through a shopping link?

I have been keeping a close eye on my disney visa lately after all these reports. I have done several offers lately, but not the T-shirt one. I haven't had any unauthorized charges on my card. I hope this gets settled quickly for all of you!

I just started doing a few offers a couple of weeks ago. The only ones I've done were Gottaplay (I know alot of people had trouble getting this one cancelled, but I didn't have any problem) and Great Fun. I did both of these through QR. I did do the petcarerx shopping link through the SR e-mail. I used a mastercard and no unauthorized charges have shown up (so far!) Hope everyone else gets their problems resolved. I don't think I'll do any more CC offers unless I get a prepaid card.

Is it maybe a problem with the Disney Visa security? It sounds like everyone with CC problems has had problems with their Disney Visa. I could be wrong but it might be a thought.

Definetly call the FTC and let them know about the fraudulent activity. They were very interested when bf's debit card was used fraudulently in December.

Oh I also wanted to mention that I only use my work laptop for offers and we run McAffee Virus scan in the background and I have had a few times where it has popped up and blocked some offers on CR and TT for having spyware attached to them.

Mine wasnt a Disney Visa, It was my Visa debit credit card. :scared: Thats Worse I know...:sad2:

oh goodness that is worse. That's what my bf's card was that the number was stolen off of in Dec. Nothing like paying for a $1200 plane ticket on a Dubai airline. Luckily the bank was very helpful in clearing it.

I had a non-Disney CC # stolen about a month ago now (I think). It was a MC that I only use for doing sign ups. The person who stole it was placing ads for work from home type positions--in total I think he/she charged about $800, but my cc company took care of it. But it is very scary. I'm not sure what the last offers I did on that card, but I did not do the T-shirt offer.

I called Columbia House and they gave me the email address of whoever signed me up -- they would not give me the IP. I immediately called Disney Visa's fraud department and gave them the info. They said they would look into it. I don't know if this will stop the person but it was worth a shot.

Some people really know how to ruin things for others. :mad:

my CC that was stolen was american express, but Amex caught them. I checked again today, and just the two charges were put on it before it was caught. I did the Tshirt offer.

my CC that was stolen was american express, but Amex caught them. I checked again today, and just the two charges were put on it before it was caught. I did the Tshirt offer.

Were your charges for similar things to mine? Someone with a yahoo email address signed me up for columbia dvd, bmg & videoprofessor.

Were your charges for similar things to mine? Someone with a yahoo email address signed me up for columbia dvd, bmg & videoprofessor.

since those charges are the kinds that are available on reward sites, I wonder if the person that stole the card number went through one of the reward sites to sign up (using your stolen card) and getting the reward $$ also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter