Adam and Katie's wedding PJ -10/2/2010 SBP/SCP need floral advice!!

Your right i do need to do an update!

How long is your flight to Orlando? We go 3 days before you, might see you in the parks one day!

Rachel
x

the flight to orlando is only about 2 hours and 45 mins :goodvibes I can't wait to be there!

You'll have to stop by the boardwalk and see if you can see us :cutie:

Are you going to be having randy take you around any of the resorts for photos after the ceremony?

If you see a girl wearing her bride ears proudly and a guy wearing his groom ears because his bride made him.... thats me!!!! Don't hesitate to say hello!

the flight to orlando is only about 2 hours and 45 mins :goodvibes I can't wait to be there!

You'll have to stop by the boardwalk and see if you can see us :cutie:

Are you going to be having randy take you around any of the resorts for photos after the ceremony?

If you see a girl wearing her bride ears proudly and a guy wearing his groom ears because his bride made him.... thats me!!!! Don't hesitate to say hello!

We haven't even been to boardwalk before so it would be nice to walk through.

Not sure about getting photos done round a resort, it's a good idea though!

Where are you going the day after your wedding?

Rachel
x

We haven't even been to boardwalk before so it would be nice to walk through.

Not sure about getting photos done round a resort, it's a good idea though!

Where are you going the day after your wedding?

Rachel
x

the day after the wedding we are moving resorts... so we'll be checking out of AKL and into BW. :cloud9:

Not sure about which park we are going to yet... DF and I are actually looking into disney restaurants now and trying to figure out our ADR's. Once we figure out where we'll be eating we normally figure out what pakr we'll be at and when.... I'll let you know as soon as i know! :cutie:

the day after the wedding we are moving resorts... so we'll be checking out of AKL and into BW. :cloud9:

Not sure about which park we are going to yet... DF and I are actually looking into disney restaurants now and trying to figure out our ADR's. Once we figure out where we'll be eating we normally figure out what pakr we'll be at and when.... I'll let you know as soon as i know! :cutie:

No problem hun. We will be relaxing in Discovery Cove the day after. It's our wedding present to each other, and DF hasn't been before so it seemed like a good excuse to go! x

No problem hun. We will be relaxing in Discovery Cove the day after. It's our wedding present to each other, and DF hasn't been before so it seemed like a good excuse to go! x

oh thats sooo cool! We've never been either but thats for another trip.. too much $$$ being spent as it is! :laughing:

but hopefully we'll bump into each other down there! :goodvibes

Another small update.... Df and I sat down today and discussed what we'd like to do for ADR's. Going out to eat while in disney is one of our favorite things to do! we try and save by not going out to eat so much at home so being able to eat out every night on vacation is extra special! :thumbsup2
Here is what we've come up with.....

Thursday Sept. 30th is the day we arrive... we'll probably be catching an early flight, check in, spend the day by the AKL pool, get our Annual passes and not much else. So we decided to eat at Jiko that night. I'm SUPER excited about it... i've heard such amazing things about Jiko! :woohoo:

Friday October 1st day before the wedding.... Most of our guests will be arriving this day. We wanted to have one meal with everyone so here is the plan. I'm going to make an ADR for Boma for everyone. I'm going to send out a little note that this is a "come if you want to" dinner and i'll write this little note

"This is not an "official wedding event." Therefore, if you would like to attend, please be aware that everyone is responsible for their own food/beverage costs. Please be sure to sign the RSVP for this event if you would like to attend so we have an idea of how many people to expect. Hope to see you there!!"

We would have liked to have paid for it but we just can't. I feel really bad about not being able to but hey we're paying for the wedding ourselves!

the other good thing about having the meal at Boma is that it gives anyone staying at another resort the chance to figure out how to get there for make-up/hair/pics/ect.

Saturday October 2nd - wedding day we aren't making any ADR's because we're going to be having the meal and DP after the ceremony.

Sunday October 3rd... We decided that after October 3rd we'd be letting everyone know that the cell phones are being turned off and we will be officially on our honeymoon. Most people will be staying until atleast Sunday anyway so this shouldn't be a problem. But i want to be able to have alone time with DF. So to kick off our honeymoon we are going to make an ADR for Cali Grill :banana: SUPER excited about here too! I'm going to try and get a table for fireworks time!

Monday October 4th... We decided on Beirgarten... DF REALLY wants to eat here since he has german heritage. (and by german heritage i mean great great great grandparent twice removed :lmao: ) But considering his last name (and my soon to be last name) is german i let him have this one :rolleyes:

Tuesday October 5th... sci fi drive in.... We tried to get in here on our last trip but we couldn't and we were both pretty upset. This time we'll be ready with an ADR!

Wend. October 6th... Whispering Canyon... we kind of picked here on a whim. We didn't want to do anything that we've already tried before (with the exception of BOMA) and while going through all the disney restaurants we saw this and decided to give it a try. We love the wilderness lodge (got engaged there) and I really want DF to ask for ketchup! :rotfl2:

Thurs. October 7th.... last full day at disney! :sad1: .... We decided on another place on a whim... We're going to give Chef's De Paris a try. :thumbsup2 I've heard alot of great things about it and what better way to spend the last full day then in Paris! the city of LOVE! :lovestruc

Ok what do you think? Good ADR's?? We have both Coral reef and Le Cellier as back up incase any of the ones we've picked were all booked up since we loved those restaurants from our last trip.

Another small update.... Df and I sat down today and discussed what we'd like to do for ADR's. Going out to eat while in disney is one of our favorite things to do! we try and save by not going out to eat so much at home so being able to eat out every night on vacation is extra special! :thumbsup2
Here is what we've come up with.....

Thursday Sept. 30th is the day we arrive... we'll probably be catching an early flight, check in, spend the day by the AKL pool, get our Annual passes and not much else. So we decided to eat at Jiko that night. I'm SUPER excited about it... i've heard such amazing things about Jiko! :woohoo:

Friday October 1st day before the wedding.... Most of our guests will be arriving this day. We wanted to have one meal with everyone so here is the plan. I'm going to make an ADR for Boma for everyone. I'm going to send out a little note that this is a "come if you want to" dinner and i'll write this little note

"This is not an "official wedding event." Therefore, if you would like to attend, please be aware that everyone is responsible for their own food/beverage costs. Please be sure to sign the RSVP for this event if you would like to attend so we have an idea of how many people to expect. Hope to see you there!!"

We would have liked to have paid for it but we just can't. I feel really bad about not being able to but hey we're paying for the wedding ourselves!

the other good thing about having the meal at Boma is that it gives anyone staying at another resort the chance to figure out how to get there for make-up/hair/pics/ect.

Saturday October 2nd - wedding day we aren't making any ADR's because we're going to be having the meal and DP after the ceremony.

Sunday October 3rd... We decided that after October 3rd we'd be letting everyone know that the cell phones are being turned off and we will be officially on our honeymoon. Most people will be staying until atleast Sunday anyway so this shouldn't be a problem. But i want to be able to have alone time with DF. So to kick off our honeymoon we are going to make an ADR for Cali Grill :banana: SUPER excited about here too! I'm going to try and get a table for fireworks time!

Monday October 4th... We decided on Beirgarten... DF REALLY wants to eat here since he has german heritage. (and by german heritage i mean great great great grandparent twice removed :lmao: ) But considering his last name (and my soon to be last name) is german i let him have this one :rolleyes:

Tuesday October 5th... sci fi drive in.... We tried to get in here on our last trip but we couldn't and we were both pretty upset. This time we'll be ready with an ADR!

Wend. October 6th... Whispering Canyon... we kind of picked here on a whim. We didn't want to do anything that we've already tried before (with the exception of BOMA) and while going through all the disney restaurants we saw this and decided to give it a try. We love the wilderness lodge (got engaged there) and I really want DF to ask for ketchup! :rotfl2:

Thurs. October 7th.... last full day at disney! :sad1: .... We decided on another place on a whim... We're going to give Chef's De Paris a try. :thumbsup2 I've heard alot of great things about it and what better way to spend the last full day then in Paris! the city of LOVE! :lovestruc

Ok what do you think? Good ADR's?? We have both Coral reef and Le Cellier as back up incase any of the ones we've picked were all booked up since we loved those restaurants from our last trip.

All sounds great hun, although i am embarassed to say we have been going to Disney for the past 4 years and never eaten at Disney restaurant. Not sure why actually. Are we missing out?

We would like to go somewhere the night before with our guests but can't decide where?

Rachel
x

yay! Great ADR's....we are going to a lot of the same ones so I will let you know how we liked them! :thumbsup2

We are going to lots of those places on our trip as well so keep an eye on my pj in August for the tr and reviews. WCC and Boma are the only ones we're not doing.

Katie! One recommendation for Germany-- Go for Lunch instead of dinner. The buffet is virtually the same and it's half the price at lunch. Just thought I'd let you know! :thumbsup2 Oh and WCC is fun, really casual (like pony races around the restaurant and napkin twirling), but fun!

All sounds great hun, although i am embarassed to say we have been going to Disney for the past 4 years and never eaten at Disney restaurant. Not sure why actually. Are we missing out?

We would like to go somewhere the night before with our guests but can't decide where?

Rachel
x

Well to us going out to eat in orlando is like going out to eat at home... we have all the same restaurants here so we like doing ths disney places because we can only do them when we are there. :cutie:

As far as where to take your geusts before i would so if you dont want to rent out a space to do it at a buffet... it seems they can accomodate more guests AND you will know how much it'll cost in advanced. If you want to rent out a space there were some really nice small rooms available at Bluezoo at the swan and dolphin. Hope that helps! :goodvibes

yay! Great ADR's....we are going to a lot of the same ones so I will let you know how we liked them! :thumbsup2

yes you will HAVE to let me know! only 23 more days until i can make these ADR's!!! :banana:

We are going to lots of those places on our trip as well so keep an eye on my pj in August for the tr and reviews. WCC and Boma are the only ones we're not doing.

You'll have to give me your opinions too!! hehehe i love that you girls will be there first!

Katie! One recommendation for Germany-- Go for Lunch instead of dinner. The buffet is virtually the same and it's half the price at lunch. Just thought I'd let you know! :thumbsup2 Oh and WCC is fun, really casual (like pony races around the restaurant and napkin twirling), but fun!

Thanks for that piece of advice!!!! Sincer we're doing the dining plan we'll be using up two points to go to Cali Grill so w were planning on paying for beirgarten out of pocket.... but if lunch is cheaper and the food is the same we're going for lunch! :thumbsup2

I've heard WCC is fun! We like seeing all that quirky stuff they do with the kids... we get a good laugh out of it! And we love the wilderness lodge so it'll be nice to go over there and take a nice walk through the resort after dinner :goodvibes

Hey Katie :) I'm loving your ADR's!!! Jiko is one of our favorites!!! We haven't decided yet...but we may be heading down that weekend!!! We are waiting until later this summer to plan but we definitely need another trip to use our ADR's! Keep up the hard work!

Hey Katie :) I'm loving your ADR's!!! Jiko is one of our favorites!!! We haven't decided yet...but we may be heading down that weekend!!! We are waiting until later this summer to plan but we definitely need another trip to use our ADR's! Keep up the hard work!

Hey mandy! :hug:

I hope you make it down that weekend!!! :yay:

I can't WAIT to try Jiko! When DF and I were listing out where we wanted to eat i started getting so excited! its becoming more and more real :goodvibes

:sad2: i need to have a mini vent session.....

Now that we have a planner and things are starting to move forward i'm feeling extremely overwhelmed and i am dealing with more drama than anything else....

The sister that was acting like a witch (you know what i really want to call her) during the dress fitting and BM dress shopping has been causing nothing but problems. we got into a massive fight via text message and we haven't spoken since. I had texted her and said to her that i felt bad this was causing her so much stress and that if she really was worried about the money it was costing her than it was alright with me if she didn't want to be in the wedding and that maybe she could do a speech or something to be involved in another way. Well she took this as a direct attack on her and it wasn't pretty ugly. I finally just said "look i dont want to fight are you in the wedding or not, i dont care either way" she didn't reply and still hasn't spoken to me... that was 2 weeks ago. :mad: I think she wants me to make up her mind for her so she can go crying to everyone in the family and tell them that i "kicked" her out of the wedding. Can we say MASSIVE headache!!!!

The other blow i had to deal with was the pink rolls. I was soooo excited about this you have no idea. I dont really want to get into it on here but long story short we arent getting it. :sad1: The people involved tried to help me out but it just wasn't going to happen so sadly no pink rolls.

On top of all that DF's family is causing some issues. they dont want to lift a finger... they want me to book their flights, rent their DVC points for them, get their park tickets, ect. I understand this isn't really that big of a deal and i'll gladly do it but its just more work for me! Dont get me wrong i love DF to death but he SUCKS when it comes to all of this planning. i've spoken to my planner twice already... the first time he didn't really care and wasn't even home, the second time i told him i wanted him involved and i wanted to put him on the phone with her to introduce himself and be an involved groom but nope he didn't want to do that either. When it came down to booking Randy, or rev jack day, he didn't do any of it... just said "whatever you want". So i've been doing everything and now he wants me to do everything for his family. :faint: Oh! and never mind the tux rentals! i told him i contacted CA and i showed him the forms he needs to fill out and how his groomsmen (which he has THREE now) need to get measured ect. and his response.... "i'll get the measurements but can you fill out the forms and get the tux information for me?"

ugh ok i'm done venting... sorry for all of that... i'm just overwhelmed and i need to take one thing at a time. i'll get it done!

anyway onto happy stuff... i have a meeting with rosie at disney floral on tuesday, how does all that work? I have pictures of stuff i like do i send them to her and see what she can do?

Mine tells me I'm "overplanning" and asks if we really need all the ADRs and stuff that I have booked. I don't even know when his family is coming for the wedding but if me booking it for them would get them to make up their minds :thumbsup2 I'd be all for that. The welcome event I planned their probably not attending... I feel your pain, kinda in the other extreme though ;)

:hug: I'm sorry you have to go through this. It will all work out. :hug:

Thanks Jamie :hug:

Mine tells me I'm "overplanning" and asks if we really need all the ADRs and stuff that I have booked. I don't even know when his family is coming for the wedding but if me booking it for them would get them to make up their minds :thumbsup2 I'd be all for that. The welcome event I planned their probably not attending... I feel your pain, kinda in the other extreme though ;)

Its not so much doing the work for them... i mean i love planning all things disney, i swear i was a travel agent in another life! Its just that i have nobody helping me with planning and to throw that ontop of everything else just got me really overwhelmed. I just get really stressed out..

But in good news i did book the flights to orlando :woohoo: We talked with FDMIL about renting DVC points and while talking to her about that we got into discussing flights... me, DF, DF's two brothers, and DF's mum and dad are all flying down together out of boston. I'm now breathing a sigh of relief!

I'm so sorry you have so much stress right now! I had a lot of problems in the initial stages as well, and people expected me to book everything for them. I told them all that they had no idea of the pressures grad school, followed by some other choice words not allowed on here :rotfl: Hopefully as things get closer, everyone will just be more excited, and want to plan their own trip. It ended up working out for me, so I am sure it will for you as well!

oh Katie I am sorry you are going through this! It might be that your sister said yes because she felt she had to. which sucks...but you really don't want someone in the wedding who is going to drive you nuts.

i'm sorry about your car. is there a different (similar?) option you can go with?

I feel for you on the whole DF not being too involved.....either is mine. I guess its a guy thing. I have give up? haha..but I understand why it bothers you so much.

Hang in there babe :hug: it will all fall into place.

I'm so sorry you have so much stress right now! I had a lot of problems in the initial stages as well, and people expected me to book everything for them. I told them all that they had no idea of the pressures grad school, followed by some other choice words not allowed on here :rotfl: Hopefully as things get closer, everyone will just be more excited, and want to plan their own trip. It ended up working out for me, so I am sure it will for you as well!

oh Katie I am sorry you are going through this! It might be that your sister said yes because she felt she had to. which sucks...but you really don't want someone in the wedding who is going to drive you nuts.

i'm sorry about your car. is there a different (similar?) option you can go with?

I feel for you on the whole DF not being too involved.....either is mine. I guess its a guy thing. I have give up? haha..but I understand why it bothers you so much.

Hang in there babe :hug: it will all fall into place.

Thanks girls :grouphug:

I'm trying to let things just fall into place. I'm glad we got the flights booked :thumbsup2 I also put DF in charge of getting the transportation for all of us to the airport. He agreed to that so i'm thankful.

I dont know what to do about my sister. I still haven't heard from her and i dont agree with her actions AT ALL! I'm trying really hard not to be a bridezilla and to be as nice as possible but its getting pretty difficult. If my other sister wasn't so into the wedding i'd say no bridesmaids at all. ugh.... its all so annoying

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter