ACTIVE/FULL - 8x8 Disney calendar kit - MAILING DUE TODAY!

bubbasmom99

DIS Veteran
What a great gift idea or keep it just for yourself. Scrap a year of photos and put it up on the wall, and when you're done, slide the page into your album for posterity!

Each swapper will create 6 sets of elements for each month, consisting of the following:

1) Topper - 8" wide and 1.5" high, indicating the month, embellished at least twice.

2) Photo mat - must be able to accomodate a 4" x 6" picture, embellished at least twice.

3) 2 of the following (should be coordinating or embellished to coordinate):
- 12" of ribbon
- 6 buttons, brads, or eyelets
- 1 coordinating chipboard item
- 4 deco squares
- Song lyric or poem
- tag (at least 2x3)
- set of 2 slide mounts
- license plate frame
- paper piecing
- journal box

4) Optional, but would be fabulous: Sketch - please include a sketch (I will make copies for swapping) for a suggestion on how to layout an 8x8 page using your kit. That way, life will be sooooo easy when putting it together.

"Embellished" can be, but is not limited to: inking, chalking, distressing, stickers (puffy or 3d is better than flat), chipboard, sewing, Prima flowers, beads, ribbon, tearing, stamping, embossing, die cuts, etc.

Important disclaimer... (I want to roll my eyes, but it needs to be said): It is fall. People are busy with school, sports, holiday preparation. Please do not sign up unless you are able to commit to finishing (and on time!). I don't say this to be snide or snotty.... we have had issues with returning things on time and I just want everyone to see the results of their hard work as soon as possible. It would be horrible to have someone plan to give this as a Christmas gift if it didn't show up on time Okay, 'nuff said... let's swap!!!!

January - NEDisneyFans (snow) *POSTAL*
February - MichellePooh ***received***
March - Dreamer & Wisher (Bambi) ***received***
April - MichellePooh ***received***
May - bigsis1970 (Minnie & Daisy) ***received***
June - calanniebu *POSTAL*
July - disneyfan18951 (Donald Duck?) ***checked in as of 11/13***
August - bigsis1970 (Mickey & Friends) ***received***
September - disneyfan18951 ***checked in as of 11/13***
October - calanniebu *POSTAL*
November - Dreamer & Wisher ***received***
December - NEDisneyFans (Christmas) *POSTAL*

Please post your theme, if you know it. Please try to limit it to generic Disney (i.e. characters or rides/lands that are at both parks... something everyone has a photo of!).

You are killing me Joy! You are listing so many cool swaps! If this fills almost up and you need a 12th person, I will do it.:)

i ahve a question-If this is for an 8x8 page, when we put the topper on and the photo mat, that doesn't leave room for anything else does it? I am just wondering where the other embelishments will go. I may not be thinking of this right.

I am thinking of a calendar with a top and a bottom... the top would be the layout and the bottom would be the title/topper with the calendar grid. The mat and embellishments would go on the top part, and that could also double as a layout once the year is over.

Here is a sketch of what I was envisioning... of course I am not married to the 4x6 mat and if all the participants think we should go with a smaller mat, I am certainly open to changing it....

sketch1.jpg

Any other opinions?

I'd like to take one of the following (in order of preference):

January -- snow theme
December -- Christmas theme
September -- back-to-school

Most likely I'd use Mickey and/or Pluto.

Thanks,

Alicia

Absolutely! I just need to check in with calanniebu to see if she still wants October or not... if not, then it's yours! If so, then I'll put you down for August. Thanks!!

I'm going to leave this one up for a couple more days to see if it fills up....

If not, do you want to cancel entirely, or everyone does 2 months so we only need 6 people? (i.e. instead of making 1 set of 12, you make 1 set of 6 for 2 diff months?)

I'm going to leave this one up for a couple more days to see if it fills up....

If not, do you want to cancel entirely, or everyone does 2 months so we only need 6 people? (i.e. instead of making 1 set of 12, you make 1 set of 6 for 2 diff months?)

I am okay with doing the group of six if it works out that way

I almost missed this post! :-) darn real world getting in the way! I'd like to keep October if that's alright with everyone. Thanks!

ETA: I'm okay with doing two months - You can put me down for June

Man, I was trying so hard to be good! See what happens when you mail off the last of your swaps (except for my cruise swap!)?!

I'll take February please. If we are doing 2 months, I'll do June as well.

(hanging my head in shame of my swap weakness) :headache:

Man, I was trying so hard to be good! See what happens when you mail off the last of your swaps (except for my cruise swap!)?!

I'll take February please. If we are doing 2 months, I'll do June as well.

(hanging my head in shame of my swap weakness) :headache:

:rotfl:

Okay, if MichellePooh is in and everyone is okay with doing 2 months, then we only need one more participant. I wasn't going to join in this one since I am doing the 12x12, but I will if I need to... thought I'd let someone else play first, though.

Michelle--calanniebu already claimed June... have a pref for anything else?

Bigsis1970 & Disneyfan18951- what do you want for your 2nd month?

I'm fine for two months (6 each) as well -- if so, I'd like December, August or September.

Thanks!

Alicia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter