Acclaim Travel for Races?

derekleigh

DIS Veteran
Has anyone recenlty purchased a runDisney race entry from Acclaim Travel? How did it go? Can you purchase JUST the race or is entry part of a differentpackage?

Just wonder because for the 2016 WDW Marathon weekend I have a bunch of sign-ups (7-9 entries) with possibly 4 -5 of those being in the 10K. I planning on signing up right at noon (or when the server will allow me) in April.

But I thought Acclaim might be a backup. Thanks in advance!

Acclaim was fabulous! There's a whole thread about them that ended right before or after this year's marathon weekend.

It's just the bibs, though you can also buy discounted tickets and hotel rooms from them.

It's the same price as buying bibs directly (though of course if you're DVC and get a discount you won't get that as far as I know), and they actually have a cancellation option.

They worked out great. I would use them again.

Acclaim was fabulous! There's a whole thread about them that ended right before or after this year's marathon weekend.

It's just the bibs, though you can also buy discounted tickets and hotel rooms from them.

It's the same price as buying bibs directly (though of course if you're DVC and get a discount you won't get that as far as I know), and they actually have a cancellation option.

They worked out great. I would use them again.

Nice. Did you buy the bibs before or after registration went public? I see on their website, they will start selling a few weeks prior to the public registration date.

No, I bought them well after Disney was sold out.

But you can call to talk with them. Both are so nice and Jim is a pleasure to talk to and very knowledgable on the things he sells. I'm sure it would allay concerns for you to talk to him about the process.

Once Upon A Time Vacations will be selling race bibs this year as well. Race packages include race entry, the collectible pin, 2-day parkhopper, and a special runDisney event.

All travel providers must sell the same package.

That would be a change from the past, to only sell packages.

Now, what I was told from multiple travel providers was that for the DLH you could only buy a "package" from travel providers, as that was all they were offered by DLR. It includes your race bib, a two-day park-hopper, a pin and then a "special event" ticket, which I assume is Pasta in the Park.

It was either buy that package or nothing. $489 for the Half, $649 for DDD.

For people wanting to do DDD, if you can swing the up-front cost, I would do this to guarantee your entry. Acclaim is allowing you to split the cost into two payments because they're having to sell a package and not just the race this time around.

Ah, you're talking about the Disneyland runs.

The OP was talking about the WDW marathon weekend. Different thing altogether.

Some providers had packages, but the provider being discussed, Acclaim, didn't require them (and I think didn't even sell them). I know we didn't buy one! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter