Accessible villa - does this exist?

bookbabe626

DIS Veteran
Question for those who have stayed in accessible villas…

Does a 2 bdrm villa exist at Aulani which has a regular bathroom (non-accessible) for the master/1 bdrm portion and an accessible (not tub) shower in the second bdrm/studio portion?

We have an Aulani trip planned for January 2025, and my elderly mom will be joining us for the last couple days of the trip. Trying to decide if we will stay at Aulani or switch to somewhere in Waikiki, she really needs a walk-in shower and the regular studios only have the tub/shower combo. DH doesn’t really want to have an accessible room, but we’d ideally want to have the same room for the whole trip.

First choice would a 2 bdrm lockoff where the 1 bdrm half is regular and the studio is accessible, but I don’t know if that’s a possibility. Or a 2 bdrm dedicated with the same configuration. Otherwise, I think we might have to go with two rooms and just request her accessible studio be near our regular 1 bdrm.

Nope. Accessible lockoffs are all accessible the same way (access, hearing, etc.) so as not to force a family booking it as a 2BR lockoff to have to choose arrangements based on the setup.

You'll need to book two units.

Figured as much. Guess it’s cheaper points-wise since we can book hers for a shorter time, so that’s a plus. We’ll just have to hope hers is near ours, since location requests are never 100%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter