About Smoking...

BarbaraMB

<font color=CC99CC>Is right! Good tags come to th
I have a couple of questions about smoking. When inside the parks where is the best place to have a cigarette without offending anyone and what to do with your cigarette when done, put it out and throw it in the garbage or do they have special "ash trays" for that? And when staying at a resort, CBR, can you smoke by the pool? Where is the best spot without offending anyone and do they have ashtrays by the pool? Does this seem like a silly question?

I can't help you with the resort/pool questions...but all 4 parks have specially designiated smoking areas. They are clearly marked on the map for each park. They have ash trays in them which are frequently cleaned...hope this helps!

Each park has a designated smoking area (please use them), as for by the pool I would say as to not offend anyone I wouldn't.

The parks have designated smoking areas and if you look at your maps there are enough of them. (Unfortunately none near restuarants for after eating,lol)
We always stay at POR and the quiet pools usually have 1 large ashtray sitting on the ground. I bring my own and make sure to sit far enough away from people that it won't bother them.
Maybe smokers should start drinking and annoying others I guess that would be more acceptable.:D

I think that smoking is allowed at all of the pools. I'm not a smoker, so I'm not positive, but I think I read that somewhere. Being outside, I wouldn't mind someone smoking at the pool at all as long as they tried to sit somewhere that was the least crowded.

Thanks. It isn't that I am a heavy smoker, but I do enjoy a cigarette but not at the expense of someone else. ANYWHERE that I am not sure, I usually look for another smoker and go near them. I'd rather not have the cigarette than to offend anyone. I bet there are many smokers that aren't even aware that just lighting up anywhere they want (just because it is outside) isn't acceptable anymore.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for asking about this ahead of time, and being nice enough to be concerned about others.

I, for one, really appreciate you taking the time to inquire about what is and isn't suggested, and being concerned enough about other people to do so!

The nice thing about there being designated smoking areas in the park (other than not bothering people who don't like or are "allergic" to tobacco smoke) is that they force you to be stationary and often include seating. That means you almost have to stop and rest for a few minutes everytime you light up. An enforced mini-break.

-Joe
who doesn't want to bother people, but doesn't mind offending them. Some people just need to have their world views challenged. :P

I would like to say thank you for checking out the smoking policy as well. I have always been nervous with those huge crowds, excited kids and people walking around smoking. I'm sure there have been many a burning accident. It has always made me very nervous. I still see people walking around with lit cigarettes and it drives me nutts! But there appears to be many areas designated for smoking. I know there is one between Thunder Mountain and Pirates, my father hangs there while we take numerous rides. Thanks again for your consideration!

As a non-smoker (and married to a spouse with environmental onset asthma that is triggered by cigarette smoke), I, too, would like to thank you for your courtesy. :)

Smoke never bothered us in the parks or on site resort. Smokers always considerate in our encounters. MIL smokes heavily and will feel very comfy in the sit down spots. She says if she is busy at the parks she never needs to smoke and walk and she needs the nicotine a lot!

I also thank you for your inquiry. Every smoker I know is a respectful one.

Thank you so much for your consideration! While I have no problem if you want to choose to smoke, I hate it when people try and make the choice for me (ie: by standing there blowing smoke in your face or smoking in a car). Thanks again for your considerate attitude.:D

Thanks from me, too. As a former smoker, I know I got testy when I needed a cigarette break!! Also, my MIL just decided to go with us to WDW and she's a smoker. It never occurred to me to find the smoking areas in the parks until I saw your question. I thank you and I'm sure my MIL thanks you too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter