A Typo?? $.93 a night and 1.13?

Cdn_Tink said:
I just got my letter in the mail today from Holiday Inn and I have decided to take their offer to stay at the Sheraton Safari. I have airline tickets that are not changeable and non-refundable and I managed to get that airfare for $306.00 total so I was very lucky there. In finding this site, and the Holiday inn information, I was able to get the hotel for 1.13 a night or $15.82 total. I have never been outside of Canada before in my life and I have been dreaming of a Disney holiday since I was a yound girl. I am blessed that I found these bargains or I would not be able to make this trip. Next step is to get my 10 day passes from Ticketmania then I need to make sure I have enough money to cover food for the days we are in WDW. I am so excited I can hardly type.

price of airline tickets= $306.00
price of hotel=$15.82
finding the Disboards=priceless!

:disrocks:

Very cool!!! Hope you have a wonderful time.

I see that your going in a little over a month - will you post after you get back how the Sheraton Safari was and how they treated you??

I'm kind of leery about another hotel honoring that $1.13 rate.

Since I called them 4 hours before they pulled the price and told them about it. I feel I did not "steal" from anyone.

The guy at the reservations desk asked if I wanted to book MORE nights at that price...

They had every right to cancel these reservations but chose to honour them.

As people still talk about it...Seems they got really good publicity for their promotion.

Cdn Tink, Welcome to the DIS...Good job on prices. Where are you flying from? Wish I could find those prices from Moncton...

Woo Hoo! You go Cdn_Tink! Have a wonderful time....make sure you post about your trip when you get back>>

PhotobearSam said:
Cdn Tink, Welcome to the DIS...Good job on prices. Where are you flying from? Wish I could find those prices from Moncton...
We are flying out of Toronto on US Airways.

We stayed for one night at the Sheraton Safari last December. I got it on priceline for $40. We flew in Wednesday evening, arriving at the hotel around 10:30pm and the hotel upgraded us to the Starwood Preferred Suite (I'm a starwood member). The room was nice and clean, the heavenly beds were just that ... heavenly :cloud9:,the pool area looked nice. We were up and out by 7:00 in the morning to get breakfast (IHOP) and check into the Swan and hit the parks.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, the staff was very friendly,

We're on-site people, but If the price is right, I wouldn't hesitate to stay off-site.

We got the $.98 rate at HI for this November (2&6). We're staying there the night before and the night after our disney cruise. We'll do one day at the parks after the cruise and fly out Monday am.

Looking forward to our trip, just a little over 4 months to go! :banana: :banana: :banana:

For those who choose to take the Sheraton Safari switch, you might want to find out more about the "scheduled" bus service. This usually means a certain number of busses in the morning and again in the evening and not the all day service that the DD hotels share. I know for some this might make a difference in their transportation plans.

Most of the mad people on this thread are not mad about not getting a deal because it was ended. They are mad because some of the very people that took avantage of the deal were the ones that called and closed the deal for everybody else. If you take advantage of a good deal, please stop calling the companies and asking them if they are going to honor the deal. Give other people time to get in on the same deal you just took advantage of.

Thanks for letting me have my 2 cents. I will get off my soap box now.

:confused3 :rolleyes: :sad2: :crazy: :cool1: :sunny:

I don't feel I ruined it for anyone else by calling as it was listed here for several hours before I called and It was starting to hit TV stations also...

That's my 2 cents :confused3

Sorry you weren't able to take advantage of the mistake, I wasn't able to either. BUT the more people who took advantage of the deal the less likely the deal would have been honored for anyone.

figgy4me said:
Most of the mad people on this thread are not mad about not getting a deal because it was ended. They are mad because some of the very people that took avantage of the deal were the ones that called and closed the deal for everybody else. If you take advantage of a good deal, please stop calling the companies and asking them if they are going to honor the deal. Give other people time to get in on the same deal you just took advantage of.

Thanks for letting me have my 2 cents. I will get off my soap box now.

:confused3 :rolleyes: :sad2: :crazy: :cool1: :sunny:

Lewisc said:
....... BUT the more people who took advantage of the deal the less likely the deal would have been honored for anyone.

I don't think that is a reason for people to try to ruin a deal for other people. If I get a deal, I should be happy and hope that others can get it, too. I should not be hoping that other people will not be able to benefit, because, it might hurt my chances of it being honored.

I thought we were all here to help one another...... :confused3

Hi,

I just joined this thread and haven't read through all the posts. It seems the HI has either made a BIG mistake, or its some sort of promotional offer. They used to be the Marriott Courtyard DTD then changed to Holiday Inn about a year ago. They were always running specials when they were the Marriott. I remember a special that the price was the year--in 2002 a room was $20.02 per night, 2003 was 20.03 per night, etc. We stayed there at the $20.03 per night and found it to be an acceptable hotel. There were some problems, but the location was convenient, the staff was helpful, and overall we were pleased with our "bargain". If you can get this place for such a rate I would not hesitate. Its a basic hotel, but good location, I've seen worse, if you got such a rate go for it!

vhoffman said:
they (Courtyard) were always running specials when they were the Marriott. I remember a special that the price was the year--in 2002 a room was $20.02 per night, 2003 was 20.03 per night, etc.

Does anyone know of other motels that run gimmick promotions on some sort of regular basis?

Forgive me for coming in late on this, but I just read through this whole thread for the first time. You have been “preaching” about people setting a good example for their children and since (in your opinion) this is dishonest and cheating, that people who got the deal were bad examples. However, you have turned around and called people evil and cheap just in this thread. Hopefully when one of your 4 children gets sent home by the principal for name-calling, you will remember this thread.

Also…you mention several times that “what comes around goes around”. All the while assuming that this will come back to bite people in the butt. Well maybe this is “karma” coming back to bite HI in the butt for indiscretions that we may not know of. Maybe this is “karma” coming back around to benefit those that have been wronged elsewhere. You are not omniscient, so don’t pretend to be such.

You mention that several people “talk their way around this, but it’s still dishonest”. Well you can jump up and down on your pulpit that it is dishonest/cheating/stealing, but that doesn’t make it so.

No one knew this was a typo. It certainly looked liked one…but no one knew for sure. They took the deal that was offered to them. HI has every right to not give this rate if it were truly an error. So how is it dishonest/cheating/stealing if HI offers the deal and HI can decline to give the deal that they offered. HI holds all the cards here. So anyone who took the deal is at the mercy of HI. No talking around the issue here. I’m just dealing with the facts.

Now, with regards to the “person” who committed this error…How do we know it was a “person” and not “persons”? Quite frankly, if one person committed this error, then HI has internal control issues that need to be addressed. A company the size of HI should have plenty of checks and balances in place to catch errors such as this. No matter how you look at it, no one person is blame. There would be plenty of people blame. And if the low man on the totem pole (in regards to this error) were to get canned from this, then again I would take issue with the company…is it ethical for a company to fire an employee over one error? If that employee were to get fired, then I would say that he is better off not working for this company and getting a job elsewhere.

It’s funny that I am actually posting this because I usually am the one preaching about morals and ethics…but in this case, I see nothing wrong with people taking this offer. To them, I say congrats and I am 100% JEALOUS!!! :earboy2:

I have read all the posts about this and frankly I don't know whether to laugh or cry at all the varied theories and replies to this. Let me say that I am very familiar with the staff at the HI (same people as courtyard) Just for the record, I know who made the error. It was just that an honest error by a very loyal and good employee. The HI chose to honor the error just because the management is very reputable and it was the proper thing to do. So all you second guessers out there. No, it wasen't done deliberately, and yes it was an honest error.
Tell me have any of you people that hold down jobs ever made an error at your job? This happens. I know when I type probably even this message I make some spelling mistakes, did I do it deliberately, or should I not post anymore because I made a mistake. :sad2: :sad2:

Figment13 - I understand what you are saying, as I myself am a Sr. Computer Programmer. I think it is wonderful that HI is honoring these rates, as I did not think it was going to be possible for us to get to WDW for the 50 celebration. I also believe that HI is going to pick up a lot more rooms. For example - my daughter, first major trip without parents at age of early 20's, has decided to wait until next year and go to the HI and they have added a day at their rack rate, I believe it is still under 100. We are waiting to hear about our room and I may add on one or two nights at the regular rate if airfare is cheaper going earlier. So I think they will make out just fine.
Everyone is going to make out. Mistakes happen in our business and if you have good management they understand. I believe things happen for a reason, it may not show up immediately but you will see the benefit. :sunny:

I have not read thrugh this thread. But I am glad they are honoring the rate. I would have thought it was a promotional gimmick too.
Look at all the great publicity this has generated for the hotel(s). I rather they give it to their customers than to an ad agency and pay other advertising fees on top of that. :cool1:

I was just curious what was the earliest dates that anyone got the discount for? I'm going in Oct 1-5, but I know there were earlier ones.

I give HI a lot of credit. It was one thing when they were just basically comping a certain number of rooms. Honoring those requests by moving those guests to the Sheraton is probably cost them $$ out of pocket.

The rumor was you were suppose to book a certain number of nights and get the final night at the price that was on the website.

freakylick--There was nothing wrong with taking the offer but there really wasn't any doubt that it was a mistake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter