A Restful Spring Break? - A March/April 2024 Trip Report

Day Two - First Rest Day - A Very Lazy Day!

The problem with not going as often to Disney, we have lost our Disney stammania. Also, Morgan and Gwen are becoming more and more teen like. They don't sleep super late like most teens but they def are lazier! So.... today was a rest day!

We didn't set any alarms or anything, which was nice. We were tired but didn't sleep that late.

Around 8:30, Andy and I spent some time on the balcony and watched all the people running around the lake. Tehre was a cute Father and Son running together. The little boy was probably 6 or 7.

Around 9:00, Andy went for a walk around the lake, he wanted to stretch out his back some.

I went to get Breakfast for the girls and coffee for me.
Heading out to get Breakfast

Originally, I wanted to mobile order from Ale and Compass but my eggs benedict that I really wanted wasn’t an option as take out. So, I went with just counter service. ;(

I ended up mobile ordered from Beach Club’s counter service as they had a better egg sandwich option, that Gwen wanted.
Goofy at Cape May Cafe
On my walk over I saw Goofy meeting people at Cape May Cafe. I snuck a picture.

Beach Club's Eggs
I checked out the chocolate Eggs in the Beach Club Lobby.

Beach Club's Eggs

Beach Club's Eggs
I liked the Groot one the best. It was nice to have the small displays at both resorts.

I checked out what they had in the gift shop there. Both stores at Yacht & Beach are very small! Beach Club had some super cute resort merch and I was jealous cause Yachts's was just ok.

I only had to wait a few minutes for my order to be ready. I tried to fill my cup with coffee, which I could have done BUT Beach Club didn't have milk only creamer! yuck! So, I waited to fill it at Yacht Club's counter service.

Gwen wanted hot chocolate, so I got that at Beach Club where they had it in a machine that made it for you. At Yacht Club was hot water and packets. It was intresting how they were different when they were so close to each other.

Beach Club Marketplace:
Breakfast Sandwich
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese on Hot Cakes with Breakfast Potatoes
Breakfast Sandwich
Gwen said this was good.

Bounty Platter
Scrambled Eggs and Mickey Waffle with Bacon, Sausage, Breakfast Potatoes, and a Biscuit
Morgan got the bounty platter
Bounty Platter
I was able to get Morgan butter, jelly and syrup all to go. She also was pleased with her breakfast.

I walked back, stopped at Yacht Club to get my coffee with milk and headed back to the room.

It ended up being a bit of an adventure but it was good to walk a little.

We chilled in the room, I ate my breakfast on the balcony.
Momma's Portion
I took the breakast potatoes from Gwen's meal and Morgan's bacon and had a nice little breakfast with my coffee.

View for Breakfast
My view while I ate.

Around 11:30, weaded to the pool to swim a bit.
Headed out for a Swim

We went out our side door again and entered into the pool area by the pool bar. A nice short walk!

Storm-a-long Bay

pool
Love this pool! We usually end up over on this one end for seats, not sure why but...

Gwen Ready to Swim / Annoyed that I am trying to take her picture
Ah! Teenagers... Annoyed with parents... Got to love it.

Whirlpooling It
The first time we stayed here, Morgan and Gwen spent all of there time in this one area... but swimming in circles. So, this iwas a just a little nostalgic swim.

Morgan and Gwen
I probably have a few of pictures of them here.

I got in as well. The water was a little on the cold side today. Andy tried to get in and was like NOPE! His back was not going to allow it, so he went into the hot tub instead.

The girls and I went over and did the lazy river for a bit. But it was a little chilly going in a tube.

We joined Andy in the hot tub for a bit. He was in the adult only one, but there was only 2 other people and they didn't mind Morgan and Gwen comin in. We said that as long as they acted appropriately. Which they did.

After while, we decided it was time to head back to the room.

The girls headed straight back to the room.

Andy and I went to the pool bar to get a small snack. But the bar tender said that they were backed up and would be 40 minutes. So we headed into Market at Ale and Compass. We ordered a Ham and Cheese Sandwich and I filled up our mugs.

Ham and Cheese Sandwich
Served on a Pretzel Roll with Chips
Lunch

They didn’t have any of the house made chips so they told us to just grab a bag out in the main area, so I grabbed cheetos for the girls.

I also grabbed a bag of cheddar popcorn for everyone to share in the room. Andy and I shared Ham and Cheese Sandwich & I had a beer in my margarita glass and just chilled on the porch some more.

The rest of the afternoon was spent showering, napping and just relaxing in the room.

----------------------------------------------Up next....... Dinner at Homecomin'---------------------------------------
Untitled

That sounds like a lovely, low-key morning!

I wish I could still sleep that late - 7:00 is sleeping in for me these days. (Ah, children!) I appreciate your commentary about the differences between the Yacht Club and Beach Club breakfast offerings as we’ll be taking advantage of those.

I also love your pictures from the pool! I hope it’s not completely overwhelming, but it does look very fun to swim there. It should also be plenty warm that the pool will feel nice!

I always envy your break days because they sound perfect! I just never can convince myself to take a day off when we're at Disney World LOL I'm sure my family would rather you be in charge of their plans! 🤣 🤣

I had to read to get caught up. You were very busy while I was gone.

Your Epcot, first park day went really well. So many great snacks and drinks. Ending the night with fireworks and ice cream is just perfect. Your rest day is going really well too. It's always so hard for me to really take a rest day.

What a great, relaxing day. I LOVE the lazy river at Stormalong Bay. I remember just floating around and around there (without tubes because I am VERY buoyant). The friend I was with would jump out about every half hour/45 minutes to get a beer. Ahh...memories.

Sounds like it was a nice, low-key morning. I was actually pretty surprised at the differences between Yacht and Beach Club. I always assumed, since they shared the big pool and were right next to each other, that they'd have the same offerings at their QS locations. :confused3

Around 8:30, Andy and I spent some time on the balcony and watched all the people running around the lake. Tehre was a cute Father and Son running together. The little boy was probably 6 or 7.
Oooh people watching on the balcony sounds awesome!
I liked the Groot one the best. It was nice to have the small displays at both resorts.
those are so cool! I can't wait to see them!
My view while I ate.
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice :)
The first time we stayed here, Morgan and Gwen spent all of there time in this one area... but swimming in circles. So, this iwas a just a little nostalgic swim.
fun! We did Stormalong Bay for the first time this last trip and not gonna lie, this part was my favorite too, just going around in circles. :)

I love that you took a rest day. Teenagers definitely need more downtime on trips or else everyone ends up grumpy. SAB is such a great pool. I laughed at you annoying Gwen by daring to take a photo of her getting ready to swim 😂
My family love a good rest day and I do too for the most part but at some point I always get the itch to nip into Epcot just ‘cos it’s right there 😂 Luckily uk tickets are 14 day ones so it’s easy to do without feeling the need to maximise usage. It gives me a wee taster of what solo trips are like and I love it! It’s funny though as at least one if not all of the boys in my life usually get fomo and text to say they’re joining me after an hour or so :rotfl:
We’ve done that walk between the YC and BC only to find we have to go back to the other qs for something and it can feel like a long time to get everyone’s needs sorted food and drink wise. I didn’t know the bc machine made the hot chocolate. Did it taste nicer? Sometimes a hot chocolate just hits the spot.

Last edited:
I wish I could still sleep that late - 7:00 is sleeping in for me these days. (Ah, children!)
Oh! This was a long time coming. Morgan and Gwen used to wake up a 6:00 on the dot for EVER!!! They still do, but now that they are older, they entertain themselves and want to stay in bed and be lazy. They always say that Disney is the only place they can sleep in.

I appreciate your commentary about the differences between the Yacht Club and Beach Club breakfast offerings as we’ll be taking advantage of those.
I am planning to do a summary of each hotel when we switch during the trip report. But it is intresting to me how different they can be so close to each other!

hope it’s not completely overwhelming, but it does look very fun to swim there. It should also be plenty warm that the pool will feel nice!
So, if you come and the pool is already busy it can be overwhelming. Just just pick a spot and get in. Most of the pool is connected, and just explore from the water.

I always envy your break days because they sound perfect! I just never can convince myself to take a day off when we're at Disney World LOL I'm sure my family would rather you be in charge of their plans!
Once you do it, you won't be able to go back! It has been a build to get to full rest days. We would try and have rest days and they would end up not really being rest days.

You were very busy while I was gone
Glad you are here!!! I hope your trip was good! I am hoping to keep a steady pace with this trip report. But we will see.

Ending the night with fireworks and ice cream is just perfect. Your rest day is going really well too
It was a nice night but I will admit we were a little tired when we got to Beaches and Cream.

The friend I was with would jump out about every half hour/45 minutes to get a beer. Ahh...memories.
I should have thought of that! We have a pool at home and floating around with a drink is my favorite thing to do.

Sounds like it was a nice, low-key morning. I was actually pretty surprised at the differences between Yacht and Beach Club. I always assumed, since they shared the big pool and were right next to each other, that they'd have the same offerings at their QS locations
It really is surprising how different the two counter services really are! I think Beach Club has a bigger kitchen. Yacht Club is no really a kitchen at all, it's just starbuck type stuff.

fun! We did Stormalong Bay for the first time this last trip and not gonna lie, this part was my favorite too, just going around in circles
The girls were happy that it was empty, it tended to have a lot of kids in it.

Teenagers definitely need more downtime on trips or else everyone ends up grumpy.
It really helped this trip! There was minimal complaining!

My family love a good rest day and I do too for the most part but at some point I always get the itch to nip into Epcot just ‘cos it’s right there
We had annual passes right before covid and we got spoiled with things like that. Andy and I def would have popped into EPCOT if we had aps.

didn’t know the bc machine made the hot chocolate. Did it taste nicer? Sometimes a hot chocolate just hits the spot.
I didn't taste it, and unfortantly Gwen never said one way or the other. I feel like it is iffy with those machines, it totally relies on the person adding the mix.

Good Morning Everyone!

Happy Thursday!

Morgan is off to Wildwood, NJ for the Atlantic Coast Championships for Indoor Drumline this morning. It's a 4 day competition of a bunch of different groups. There will be percussion groups and color guards, and twirlers.

Both the drumline and color guard have a good chance of winning it all! So it will be fun and stressfull 4 days! Especially the color guard they got 2nd at regionals this past Sunday. They lost by .14 points! eek!

Day Two - First Rest Day - Getting our fill of Southern Food!

We headed out finally for dinner around 4:15. We were headed to bus to go to Disney Springs

We had good luck with the bus times on the app. We did find that the bus generally arrived earlier than the estimated time. Up to almost 5 minutes. But we didn’t wait long this day.

We arrived at Disney Springs around 4:40.
Arrived at Disney Springs

Disney Springs
The water always look so appealing.

We headed straight to Homecomin’. There was a line to check in but they moved it fast and directed us inside the lobby to wait. We probably only waited 5 or 10 minutes. So, we were sat earlier than our reservation.

We decided to share a bunch of items, so we ordered drinks and then our food.

I decided to order the Moonshine flight! I do love the Watermelon Mash but I suck that down too fast and well, I am a sucker for a flight!
IMG_4382

IMG_4382

Shine Flight
Take flight with a taste of all five of our Shines on Tap flavors!
Moonshine Flight

Rumshine Punch
Strawberry RumShine, blackberry brandy, banana liqueur, pineapple juice and house-made grenadine
This one is my favorite and it tasted the strongest to me.

Blue Hooch
Blue Flame moonshine, lemon-infused moonshine, blue curacao, house-made simple syrup, fresh lemon juice and a splash of Sprite. Our strongest shine on tap
SUPER sweet! And Tart! Interesting that it says it’s the strongest, I thought the Rumshine tasted stronger, the tart must hide the strength.

Strawberry Lemonade
Strawberry moonshine, freshly muddled strawberries, lemonade and strawberry puree
This one was probably my second favorite.

Moonshine Margarita
Tequila, moonshine with a splash of fresh squeezed orange and lime
My least favorite, after all the other ones, this one had the least flavor.

Sweet Tea Shine
Sweet Tea, fresh-squeezed lemon and moonshine
Andy’s favorite. I didn’t even end up drinking this one. I ended up giving it to Andy in his squeeze bottle to go.

Speaking of Sweet Tea Shine, Andy went with a squeeze bottle of this favorite, the Sweet Tea Shine.
IMG_4385
If you bring the squeeze bottle back with you, they will fill it for a cheaper price. Which we planned on doing! But it has to be one of the moonshines on tap.

Morgan and Gwen just ordered water. Homecomin' doesn't really list any non-alcholic drinks. Which is Morgan's one gripe with it here.

Not too long our food started coming out.

Bee Haven Bay Fried Green Tomatoes
Shaved ham, rémoulade sauce, and dressed local greens
Fried Green Tomatoes
These totally got over shadowed by all of the other items. Morgan didn’t even eat any because she was so full from everything else!

I love these, as I can't get these at home. But sadly, they did get overshadowed by the other food. But still great.

Baby Back Ribs

A full rack of ribs is slow-smoked for 5 hours then basted with our house-made sweet and spicy barbecue sauce. Served with fries and broccoli & bacon salad
Ribs by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr
We gave these a try this time. Gwen actually liked these the most this time. And kind of discovered that she liked ribs on this trip!

The broccoli & bacon salad was surprisingly good. We joked that it took all nutrition out of the broccoli by making it with mayo and bacon but still delish.

I thought the ribs were just ok. But everyone else really liked them. I wouldn't order them again but would ask fro the broccoli as a side again!

We also ordered the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits
Three biscuits topped with Chef Art's famous fried chicken thighs and bread and butter pickles. Drizzled with hot honey
You can see them behind the ribs in the picture above.

This was Morgan’s request. She did ask for the hot honey on the side but they came out with it on it. But Morgan said it was fine. And she enjoyed them with the hot honey on it. She ate a full on e of these first and declared she was already full!

These are always amazing! And they are very filling! It can def be a meal, and probably too much even as a meal.

Country Fried Steak
Perfectly seasoned, battered then fried and topped with sawmill gravy. Served with creamy mashed potatoes and a cheddar drop biscuit
Chicken Fried Steak
This is still my favorite now! The “perfectly seasoned and battered is truely really tasty!!! And the Sawmill Gravy so good with it. I highlly recommend this!!! we asked for Mac and Cheese instead of mashed potatoes.

And those green beans.... They are sooo good. Theya re full of bacon and butter. Overall we love this dish!

IMG_4385
Our spread of food!

We left VERY stuffed and lots of leftovers! I wasn’t able to finish my flight. I asked for a to-go cup for one of the last flavors. And then gave Andy my iced tea moonshine to put in his squeeze bottle.

Homecomin' was great as always. It has become a must do for us each trip.

After dinner, we headed to World of Disney to shop a little better this time around.

We made it to World of Diseney around 6:50

I checked out It’s a Small World Spirit Jersey but decided to wait on getting it just yet.
It's a Small World Spirit Jersey

Model Gwen

Morgan got Stitch CUDDLEEZ. She was deciding between that one and a different one. Finally decided on Stitch.
Stitch Cudleez

With purchase in hand, we started making our way to the buses.

We stopped at Columbia. I wanted pj bottoms, I packed shorts but my legs were cold at night. They didn’t have anything for me, but Andy found a fleece he liked and was on sale so he grabbed that. The girls and I joked that Andy tricked us to go in here so he could get another fleese.

Also stopped briefly in the D-Style store. But didn’t see anything worth buying. Finally we headed back to the resort after shopping.

Andy and I talked about going over to Abbracada Bar but we were stuffed and already had enough to drink. So, we bailed on our own plans. (this happens to us all the time)

I needed to get rice krispee treats for the girls easter basket / tinkerbell gifts the next morning. So, Andy and I walked over to the Beach Club gift shop to see if they had any. There was a striking lack of rice krispee treats at the resort stores this trip!

But we did find 2 small mickey head ones to put in the baskets. We also grabbed aloe for Gwen, she had burnt her nose yesterday and today. And ear plugs for Morgan. As I bought her a giant bottle of them to bring and we promptly left them at home…

Andy and I decided to just call it a night, we had an early morning tomorrow and since we didn’t feel like drinking or eating, going to a bar seemed pointless.

We were all in bed by 9:00! It was a nice and relaxing rest day!

-------------------------------------------------Up next..... Easter!--------------------------------------
https://flic.kr/p/2pNGWH4]Untitled[/url]

What a lovely end to your low-key day. I’ve gotten better about rest days the more trips I’ve taken - they really do help you reset and get rejuvenated for future park days.

Your flight at Homecomin’ looks so good, not to mention all that delicious food. Disney Springs is always a lower priority for me (I didn’t even go there on my last trip, and probably won’t for the next either!) but both Homecomin’ and Boathouse look so good that I’ll have to make my way there one of these days.

Thank you for your feedback about Stormalong Bay! I’m hoping to get there within an hour of opening so hopefully we’ll be able to grab a chair and swim for a bit before it gets bonkers busy.

That country fried steak looked DELICIOUS. I have never heard anyone talk about that (it's always the chicken biscuits or the deviled eggs). For that dish, I would go to Homecomin'. But, I was looking at your picture and didn't scroll down to read underneath it and kept going "That doesn't look like mashed potatoes to me." Ahh...keep reading Stacy. Keep reading.

Morgan is off to Wildwood, NJ for the Atlantic Coast Championships for Indoor Drumline this morning.
Wishing Morgan and the band the best of luck ☘️. My sister and I were talking about Wildwood NJ at lunch today. I’ve never been but she went every summer while at university here with her then boyfriend ( now husband). They had summer jobs and then went to MK ( it was the only park I think) and came back here with such amazing tales of their adventures. We were talking about it because we had pizza for lunch and Wildwood was were she’d first tasted pizza ( it hadn’t reacher Ireland yet). E.T. was that year’s Big movie and it was 6 months after she saw it in the USA before it got to us. What a funny coincidence that we were talking about it and Morgan is headed there. Crossing everything for her that they come out top 🤞🤞🤞
Our spread of food!

We left VERY stuffed and lots of leftovers! I wasn’t able to finish my flight. I asked for a to-go cup for one of the last flavors.
What an amazing spread of food! Looks scrumptious! Love the look of the moonshine flight too.
Adding it to my list of places to visit.
Andy and I talked about going over to Abbracada Bar but we were stuffed and already had enough to drink. So, we bailed on our own plans. (this happens to us all the time)
This always happens us! Even at home - we make plans and then just don’t fancy them as the time draws near so end up staying put.
We were all in bed by 9:00! It was a nice and relaxing rest day!
Perfect. Nice to rest up before your early start.

We're going in July this year and I've debated whether we should go to Homecoming or not. We live in what you consider the "Deep South" so I was scared I would be disappointed. Everyone I've talked to said it probably wouldn't live up to what I can get at home... but I might have to change my plans! Every review I've seen looks so amazing and I LOVE fried green tomatoes. They are a staple at every restaurant here... but those look amazing and different from what we do here.

Also learned the hard way that a rest day is a must.. We've been implementing rest days every trip since our first... this year I've convinced my family that we need more than one. Looking forward to my low-key rest days now!! We never get to fully explore Disney Springs. Its always an afterthought. After reading your trip reports (I went back and binged a good bit of yours) I can't wait to go and explore on our days off from the parks!

Sounds like dinner at Homecomin' was another success. I finally got to try the restaurant last month, and I understand why you return! It was delicious. I, too, got the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits and filled up after 1.5. :rolleyes: :rotfl:

Glad you were able to find something to put in the Easter baskets, even if it wasn't the Rice Krispy treats. How odd that they weren't at the resorts. Of all the treats, that's one of the easiest to package up and sell!

Morgan is off to Wildwood, NJ for the Atlantic Coast Championships for Indoor Drumline this morning. It's a 4 day competition of a bunch of different groups. There will be percussion groups and color guards, and twirlers.

Good Luck to Morgan and the Drumline!

Yes it does.

The broccoli & bacon salad was surprisingly good. We joked that it took all nutrition out of the broccoli by making it with mayo and bacon but still delish.

This does sound really good.

We make plans all the time and then realize how tired we are and doen't go anywhere.

100% agree - the water at Disney Springs looks so nice!!
We left VERY stuffed and lots of leftovers! I wasn’t able to finish my flight. I asked for a to-go cup for one of the last flavors. And then gave Andy my iced tea moonshine to put in his squeeze bottle.
Your meal looked sooooo good! What a nice end to your day :)

It was about 2:45 now, Andy sat on the bench for a bit, his back was starting to really bother him. And Morgan was starting to loose steam on the day.
Hi. Longtime lurker here. I’m assuming that Andy’s back issues are muscle/soft tissue and not skeletal. Has he ever tried a TENS unit with Stim Pads? It works wonders for me and they make them so small now I sometimes wear mine in the parks when my lower back bothers me. The little unit slips right into my pocket.

Last edited:
We chilled in the room, I ate my breakfast on the balcony.
This sounds like the perfect rest day! Breakfast on the balcony, the pool and hot tub, dinner at Homecomin' - sounds like my perfect day!
My view while I ate.
Beautiful view!!
I decided to order the Moonshine flight! I do love the Watermelon Mash but I suck that down too fast and well, I am a sucker for a flight!
Wow, those look like healthy pours of all options! I would love to try that next time.
Homecomin' is still one of my favorites. We didn't get to go on our last trip, but we went to Art Smith's Reunion in Chicago last Fall and they had similar items on the menu (but only Homecomin' has the vegetarian chick'n options).

they really do help you reset and get rejuvenated for future park days.
They reallyl do. we used to be go go go people but now a rest is def needed!

Disney Springs is always a lower priority for me (I didn’t even go there on my last trip, and probably won’t for the next either!) but both Homecomin’ and Boathouse look so good that I’ll have to make my way there one of these days.
We used to never go either, but we have found so many good restaurants there, that we have to now. Going on rest days works well for us, for sure!

That country fried steak looked DELICIOUS. I have never heard anyone talk about that
I know! You never hear anyone talk about it! We ordered it for Gwen last trip on a whim and is now my favorite!!

Wishing Morgan and the band the best of luck ☘️. My sister and I were talking about Wildwood NJ at lunch today. I’ve never been but she went every summer while at university here with her then boyfriend ( now husband)
Thanks!!! That is so funny!! I grew up knowing about Wildwood and the Jersey shore, so it is always weird when people say they come to vacation there.

e live in what you consider the "Deep South" so I was scared I would be disappointed. Everyone I've talked to said it probably wouldn't live up to what I can get at home... but I might have to change my plans! Every review I've seen looks so amazing and I LOVE fried green tomatoes.
DON't base going on just me! I am a TOTAL northern!!! We have zero places with fried green tomatoes so I have nothing to compare it to. I could see a true southern to not like the food as much. Although if you go, I would be intersted to hear how you like it!

They are a staple at every restaurant here... but those look amazing and different from what we do here.
It is really good with the ham on it. It makes it super filling!!

t was delicious. I, too, got the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits and filled up after 1.5.
Those are seriously a meal and then some!

Good Luck to Morgan and the Drumline!
Thanks!!! An update on the weekend to come shortly.

Your meal looked sooooo good! What a nice end to your day
It was a nice day and homecomin' usualy does not disapoint!

Hi. Longtime lurker here
Welcome!!!!!!

I’m assuming that Andy’s back issues are muscle/soft tissue and not skeletal. Has he ever tried a TENS unit with Stim Pads? It works wonders for me and they make them so small now I sometimes wear mine in the parks when my lower back bothers me.
Usually it is skeletal. But this time it def was muscle related. I also think sometimes it's stress induced.

This sounds like the perfect rest day! Breakfast on the balcony, the pool and hot tub, dinner at Homecomin' - sounds like my perfect day!
When you put it that way!!! It sounds even better!! It was a great relaxing day.

Wow, those look like healthy pours of all options! I would love to try that next time.
It is alot of liquid! And the filling meal, my stomach just didn't have room for all of it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter