A quiet lunch at the Sand Trap

Uncleromulus

Plain grey will be fine
Did this a # of trips back and we liked it so much, we thought we'd do it again for our "first day" lunch. Located at the Bonnet Creek Golf Club, it would probably take a car to get you there--I'm not certain if any direct transportation is available from WDW resort hotels or the parks.
In any case, it's an airy, open restaurant/bar that has a nice verandah out back and "views" of Osprey Ridge and Eagle Pines golf holes. And it is quiet. No kids anywhere--just golfers having a drink or lunch, and the stray "lunch only" people like us. They have a full bar and Mrs. U ordered a merlot, which she claimed was good AND a generous pour to boot. They have about 10-12 beers to select from, and having spotted the Sierra Nevada bottle above the bar, I ordered that.
The menu has Specialty drinks, appetizers, soups, salads and "Signature Sandwiches" for the main course. Also had a couple of specials that day--a BBQ Hot Dog being one, and I was sorely tempted to try it. BUt I didn't and ordered the "Cobb in the Rough" salad instead. This has shredded lettuce, ham, turkey hard boiled egg, tomatoes, bacon bits and blue cheese crumbles. It's served in a large bowl, with the shredded lettuce on the bottom, and all the other ingredients tastefully arranged on top. Add the dressing (they have several-I selected Blue Cheese), mix it up, and you're ready to go. Very tasty and very near the "real" Cobb salad,only this isn't chopped as fine (everything is shredded or diced). Quite good and quite filling-next time I'll order it with Lime -Sesame vinaigrette instead of Blue Cheese--that dressing plus the blue cheese crumble added up to almost a blue cheese overdose!!
For Mrs. U it was the "on the Green Vegetable Wrap", with Blackened Chicken. THis was served in a green colored spinich tortilla filled to the brim with fresh vegetables, blackened chicken, with garlic and peppered cream cheese spread. Chimichurri and a fresh garden salad were on the side. Again, a winner!!
We really enjoy this place and the food at lunch would compare quite favorbly with any of the other WDW restaurants. They probably deserve more business, but the location would seem to preclude most casual lunch only visitors from coming.
Unless, that is, you take Uncleromulus suggestion and GO!!

We love the Sand Trap for breakfast as well. Never have done lunch there but sitting outside in the morning air eating breakfast is pretty tough to beat. The food is very good, presented well, and the Bloody Marys are probably the best to be had on property. We will be there in seven days and I can practically taste it now!

I'll be happy to. We will be there the last day of the golf tournament. I hope it isn't overrun with people.

We enjoy the Sandtrap too although we haven't had lunch there for several trips. We may end up there next week if my husband and sons are able to golf there in the afternoon. But the Funai tournament is at the other courses and tee times may be limited so we'll see.

It is such a peaceful spot for lunch isn't it? I think I've had their Cobb before but not the wrap that Mrs. U ordered.

I know I used to know:o but what is chimichurri?

I imagine there are individual "recipies" for it, but mainly seems to be a South American Oil-wine/vinegar-garlic-oregano type of clear sauce.
Along with being good with food, it makes a great dipping sauce for bread. That's how they do it (or used to anyway) at Maya Grill.

My DH plays golf at Osprey every trip and we have never stayed for lunch. Based upon your 'thumbs up' I think we will have lunch there this year. Thanks for all of your reviews. I always enjoy them! :D

A lunch here,thank you for review and tip on it.::yes:: :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter