A quick trip to the Mouse House!

tlovesdis

Disneyland Obsessed!!!
Cast:

Me (tina – 45) Disney crazy

My niece (Allonna – 15) also Disney crazy

Not sure what's up with my face here, but this is us...

Dates – Aug 1-4, 2014

Day 1 – Friday August 1, 2014 – Travel Day

We left Richmond a little before noon, stopped in Pleasanton to drive through In N Out and got back on the freeway at about 12:45pm. That’s when our battle with traffic began. Not sure what was going on in Livermore but it was bumper to bumper all the way to Tracy! UGH! Once on I5 we didn’t have any traffic for a long while. We stopped once for gas and Starbucks and hit Valencia (where Magic Mountain is) ,to meet friends for dinner, at about 6:15.

Traffic in that area was horrible! We enjoyed some yummy pizza with our friends and got back on I5 at about 8pm. Traffic was still bad the whole way to Anaheim. We got to our hotel, Motel 6 Maingate, at about 9:45pm. We were tired. It was a long day!

Day 2 – DISNEYLAND

We were up and out the door at 7:40am. We got to the gates right about 8am and hit up Starbucks on Main Street. Then we did the following: Space Mountain, Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear, Autopia, Matterhorn, Small World, Tea Cups, Princess Fantasy Faire, Peter Pan, Thunder Mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Pooh, Jungle Cruise and Indy, all by 2:30.

While we were waiting for our return time for Peter Pan, Peter Pan himself came up to us and started chatting and we took a selfie with him! Too fun!!

We had a 3pm lunch reservation at Café Orleans so we checked in early and we were seated about 2:50. We split our favorite meal, the three cheese monte cristo and pomme frites!

After lunch we decided to head to DTD and do some retail therapy! We spent about 2 hours wandering around and got some tea at Starbucks, then headed back to DL. We got a return time for Space Mountain, then watched the parade. We went back to Space, but it was broken down. So they gave us a pass to return anytime. So we wandered over to Adventureland and got a return time for Indy and then had a Dole Whip. We rode Thunder Mountain again and Pirates. Then we went back to Space, but it was still down  So we went over to Indy and what do you know, it was down too! We ate dinner at Riverbelle Terrace, then tried to get on Indy again but it was still down. So back to Space we went and it was still down too! So we found a spot and watched the fireworks, then finally got on Space!! We did some more shopping on Main Street then headed back to the hotel for the night.

Day 3 – California Adventure

We were out the door by 7:30 and in DCA by 8. Allonna went to get FP for RSR and I went to get us breakfast at Starbucks. We sat and ate for a few minutes then walked right onto Soarin, only waited about 10 minutes. Next we rode Tower, again with only about a 10 minute wait, then Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree. Finally it was time for RSR and the FP line was quick, maybe waited 5-10 minutes! While we were waiting to board our car, we saw Wayne Brady of Whose Line Is It Anyway and Let's Make A Deal!! After we rode, I ran and grabbed more FP for RSR. It was 10:15am and our return time was 4pm! We went over to the boardwalk area and rode Screaming, with about a 15 minute wait. When we were exiting Screaming we saw Peter Facenelli of Twirlight and Nurse Jackie!! Next was Toy Story, with about a 30 minute wait. Next we went on Mickey’s Fun Wheel and that was our longest wait, at least 30 minutes! LOL! After that we rode Ariel then got a FP for Grizzly.

We decided on soup in a breadbowl for lunch from Pacific Wharf Café and it was yummy!! After lunch we went on Soarin again then hit the Animation Building. Even at 15, Allonna loves going in there. We did Turtle Talk with Crush, the Animation Academy (we drew Olaf!).

Our return time for Grizzly was coming up so we headed over there. I was disappointed that we didn’t get wetter than we did  LOL! Allonna wanted to ride Ariel again, so we did. We went to Buena Vista Street and did some shopping, then went to use our FP for RSR. We just love that ride! After that we went on Screamin again then went to Wine Country Trattoria for our dinner reservation. We love it there! We always share the shrimp scampi pasta!!! We watched the Pixar Parade from the WCT! It is such a cute parade!

After dinner we went on Screamin again, it’s one of our favorites, and also Soarin! Allonna wanted to ride Monster’s Inc so we did that as well. We wanted to do Tower at night so got in line when it started getting dark! So fun! After that we went and watched WOC, well actually Allonna did, I couldn’t see a thing (we didn’t get fastpasses and had a spot on the bridge but it was horrible). Then we headed back to our hotel. We were both pretty tired!

Day 4 – Travel home

We slept in a bit and I ran to Starbucks for coffee. We got on the road a little after 10 and stopped in Pasadena for lunch at our new favorite burger place, Slater’s 50/50. I’ve been there three times now and just love it!

Our burgers (they are custom)

We got back on the road at noon and made it to my parents house by 5:40!
We had a fantastic, although short trip. It’s always fun visiting the mouse, even for a short amount of time!!!

Until next time…

Some random and silly shots of us...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter