A little help with Boma please.

PrincessDana

Mouseketeer
We (DD9 and I) have dinner booked at Boma and I was just looking for a few tips.

While I am a bit picky, I am keeping an open mind and am really ready to give some new foods a try. I was just wondering if the food is labeled so I'll know what I'm giving a try.

I just can't wait to come back home and brag about what a good sport I was trying all the different foods....I'm just hoping I'll know what it is I'm bragging about ;)

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, yes, everything is labelled, and there's a lot to choose from.

took

Yes everything is labeled. Ask questions they are very helpful. Try the soups they are great.

Kae

Everything is labeled, but you may want to ask the chefs to describe the ingredients in dishes that are not self-explanatory. The soups are so good, you may want to give each of them a try. We love Boma and, picky eater or not, I'm sure you'll find plenty to satisfy your palate. Enjoy!

I am in the minority here ... I know that ... but my family and I hated Boma. The only thing I could eat was the kids chicken fingers ... I could not even take the Prime Rib and I LOOOOVE prime rib and have to say that was the only Prime Rib I have not been able to eat due to the rub or marinade they used when cooking it that had seeped into the meat.

The problem I had was that everything ... and I mean everything ... from soup to pasta to chicken, fish and beef had a sweet, cinnamon or coffe flavor. Now I like the sweet & cinnamon flavors on dessert but just not on my chicken please! They even had a pasta salad that looked "normal" but when I took some ... it was sweet and just I couldn't eat it. I also hate coffe so even the zebra domes were not to my liking. It was chicken nuggets and sugar cookies for me.

DH and I marvel about how people rave about this place. We tend to cook with a lot of savory spices and are used to flavorful food. I think that a lot of people like this place becauseu the food is flavorful and maybe they don't cook with a lot of spices at home so it seems so awesome. It was just not our kind of "flavorful"!

So I do agree with the other poster ... if you know you will not like certain flavor combonations ... ask what each dish is like because though they were labeled sometimes the labels did not hint at the unusual flavors that were used.
WDWO

Keep in mind that while this is South African cuisine, there is still some 'normal' food -- especially at the designated kids station.

I hope this helps, but DH and I are vegetarians and when we went to Boma we asked a chef what on the buffet was 'safe' for us to eat. He actually came out from his station and walked around telling us in detail about all of the offerings. I heard prior to our first visit that they were very helpful like that but I never expected them to be just SO nice, friendly and helpful. I'm sure if you ask them, they will tell you what everything is.

We are so glad we finally tried Boma -- it is now a top 3 dining location for us. We can't wait to go back.

GOOD LUCK!
:sunny:

I am a very picky eater and i loved Boma, The soups were excellent!! I Am not a big soup eater. But the three bean gumbo, they even sell this in Mara too, was the best. I would atleast try it.
Kim

My bf is very picky- he usually likes chicken strips/cheeseburger type fast food. He LOVED Boma on our last trip! When we talked about PS's for our next trip, he said we had to eat there. The menu has some items that are a little different but its really not all that adventurous. I've heard a couple people say they think everything has a cinnamon taste to it- I have no idea what they are talking about- I thought there were a variety of tastes at the buffet. -Steph

Keep in mind that the menu items rotate there depending on the night. We must have had the cinnamon night! LOL I have heard this from a few other people as well. Maybe it was the night we were there.

WDWO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter