A friendly Hello!

Tulirose

<font color=blue>"MIS-ter Garibaldi!"<br><font col
Just popping in to the F/G board to say hello to any and all who may remember me and even those who don't or never knew me.

This was a very bad year for my yard and garden. I just have not been into doing anything productive and barely maintained the status quo.

Hope you are all well and that your gardens are green and fruitful.

(Just to be pefectly clear, it has NOT been a bad year for me personally -- a little weird year in some respects - but overall a pretty good year except as far as flowers and lawns and plants and shrubs, etc. go. )

How has the year been for you guys?

Morning tuli! It's nice to hear from you.

I think with the lack of rain we had , it was very difficult to have a lovely garden. It was a tough year on my beds too. I think the only thing that did well were my zinnias.

I started 10 flats of annuals to add color to my new beds and they did ok, but begged for water on a daily basis!

have a great fall!

:wave2: Well, Hi Stranger!!! :wave:

I didn't have such a great gardening year either. Mostly because I am still trying to get a hang of the gardening-in-florida thing - it is really different than gardening up north. I only managed to kill a few plants, so I guess it wasn't too bad. :teeth: I really haven't been out in the garden the past couple of months - too darn hot. Over winter I have lots of projects planned tho!! Bring on 50 degrees! :cheer2:

Happy gardeing everyone!! :flower: :flower:

Hey Tuli, Glad you stopped by to say hi. We've been missing you.

The weird weather and our hectic spring & summer life has taken it''s toll on my yardens. In the spring we drove all over looking at real estate & bought a boat. The woodchucks decided since we weren't home to take care of the veggies they would.:mad: Managed to keep a few squash, great corn,couple watermelon and one pumpkin:mad: no peppers or carrots. Then the drought hit and it was all I could do to keep everything alive. After not finding anything we liked in real estate & selling the boat (traffic to the NJ shore is worse than the LIE on Friday night to the Hamptons)we got back into the gardening thing. Then DS#1 left for college(USF,Tampa) which is another tale for another time.
We're fine but the yarden well...... there's always next year :rolleyes:

Hi Tuli,

My gardens are a mess! I just don't have the time to get out and work in them like I used to. I have one major task I have to finish and then I've promised myself I would get outside and tackle the jungle. I want to dig up my front garden and rearrange it before it turns cold.

Anyway, glad to see you. I'm not here as much as I used to be but still pop in when I can.

Kinda comforting to know that I am not the only one with a bad garden/yard year! :flower:

Deb - Were you looking to move or get second home property? We are starting to think about moving off this Island and kinda focusing in on PA. At first we thought Pocono region, cuz SIL just moved there and land/taxes are cheap but decided against that area. Now focusing on southeastern PA, west of Philly. I was interested in Chester county but seems property taxes are more there than what I am already paying!

Amid - Are you roller skating in that big new kitchen of yours? Wish you were able to have had a better year with those new beds but as said, there's always next year.

Mary - How was that project you did for the town or someone with the big evergreen trees? Did that take well?

And Hello back to Sorceromickey - the bud who turned me on to dahlias! Do you know I reminince about the beautiful blossoms I got from you during the flower exchange? Unfortunately, I never replanted any. I just don't seem motivated. Too much to do and too little time. I yearn for more simplicity in my life!

Hello Tuli, so nice to see you stop by. Like most here my gardens have taken a back seat this year. So much going on and the lack of rain has halted all yard work.

Trying to get the front cleared out this week so the GC and I can decorate for Halloween and prepare for the Annual Pumpkin Carving Party the Sunday after we return. This party has grown and grown we now have about 50 people who attend. It's a fun filled day. Good friends, lots of great pumpkin carving done even by the little ones. Prizes and games and lots of pictures for next years Pumpkin Patch Wall. Every one loves the pumpkin patch, I make giant pumpkins out of card stock. In the center of each I add one picture from last years party. Pin them up on black sheets. The whole back wall of the garage becomes a Giant Pumpkin Patch.

Also trying to get a little fall cleaning done inside before out Disney trip. Eighteen more days for our Not So Scary Halloween Trip.

You don't get much done when you watching a 7 month old 3 days a week. Michael Philip is a great baby but I forgotten how little you accomplish.

I need to move lots and lots of plants, the lack of water has stopped me. Construction on the new addition has been put off till the spring which is good. Hundreds of boxes sitting down stairs waiting to be packed. Forty years of collecting other peoples trash has over-whelmed me, there is just too much to be labeled and packed. Can I part with any of it, I doubt it, but there just isn't going to be room for it all. Collecting can become a sickness and I'm vowing not to over furnish or crowd the new house.

Enough about Mamu. It's wonderful to see you here again. I've missed my Dis Buds. Maybe with the dreaded winter fast approaching I'll get to Dis a litte more.

:flower:

Hello! This year we tried growing most things in large pots on patio and it worked out well. Got eggplant, tomatoes and lots of annuals
and perenials.I've let most of my flower beds get taken over by ground cover-much easier for me. :flower:

:wave:

We had lots of cucumbers and I'm still picking tomatoes and raspberries. No peppers or pumpkins. I loved the picture of your watermelon deb!

People are saying that they are cutting the grass more often now than at any other time this year. It's been a strange summer.

My best outdoor results this summer has been my pond clarity. Thanks to this board, I learned what works! "Our" frog, Leap is still around, we had two for a time this season, I wonder if that means tadpoles in the spring.

I'm glad to hear how everyone is. We're fine. Tom's company filed bankruptcy over this past weekend, so our lives will probably change in ways we don't know about at this time.

Bobbi :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter