A Car Rental Apocalypse Is Coming: Here’s What You Need To Know

We always rent a car to make the 12 hr drive to visit WDW! We own smaller cars so we always opt for a van or SUV to let the kids spread out for the long drive (less car fights along the way).

Anyway, our past 10 day trips have run us between $500-$700 for a rental on average. This winter we have only been able to find suv rates at around $1000 and vans for $1200. We can definitely see the price hike and the lower inventory making an impact around us. :sad: I really want to find a better rate but suspect that isn't going to happen in the next several months.

We always rent a car to make the 12 hr drive to visit WDW! We own smaller cars so we always opt for a van or SUV to let the kids spread out for the long drive (less car fights along the way).

Anyway, our past 10 day trips have run us between $500-$700 for a rental on average. This winter we have only been able to find suv rates at around $1000 and vans for $1200. We can definitely see the price hike and the lower inventory making an impact around us. :sad: I really want to find a better rate but suspect that isn't going to happen in the next several months.
I found my company had a corporate rate - I asked HR. Anyway, they did for National and it saved me several 100 dollars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter