A Bonus Trip! Wooo WHOO!!!

Goofy4Disney

Wants to be a full-time WDW food critic!
I mentioned to my DH last night how much I'd like to take a solo trip this year to WDW. We aren't planning on taking our trip until next May/June, and I just can't stand the wait! To my surprise he said I could go this year! I'm so excited!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: No DH, no DS, just me all by my little lonesome! YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

Ok, can someone help me find the cheapest way now? Although I really want to do this, I don't want it to take away too much from our trip together next year, financially at least. Also, I'm thinking about the first of September after school starts and the weather is mild.

~Terry

Goofy4Disney said:
I mentioned to my DH last night how much I'd like to take a solo trip this year to WDW. We aren't planning on taking our trip until next May/June, and I just can't stand the wait! To my surprise he said I could go this year! I'm so excited!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: No DH, no DS, just me all by my little lonesome! YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

Ok, can someone help me find the cheapest way now? Although I really want to do this, I don't want it to take away too much from our trip together next year, financially at least. Also, I'm thinking about the first of September after school starts and the weather is mild.

~Terry
Congrats! I'm working a solo trip in for June - last minute but yeah for me!!!!

The weather the first of September is not mild - it's as hot as August and humid as well. That said, I took a solo trip last September, about the 15 -22, I think, and it was delightful!! No crowds, no lines - yes, it was plenty hot but lots of air-conditioning helped. I don't really think the weather cools any until mid-October.

Well congrats on your solo trip as well! And you're right about the weather (what was I thinking when I said THAT?!?! :crazy: ). But seriously, it's got to beat the heat we have here in Oklahoma. Anyway, it looks like that's the best time frame for me since DS will have football season under way.

How long do you intend to stay?

And does anyone have any opinions on staying on property or off when solo? Just curious.

I'll be at Hilton Head for a few days, and WDW for a few more - 8 days total!!!!

The weather will probably be similar - my theory is, once you're south of the Mason-Dixon line, it's all miserable in the summer. 90 degrees and 90 percent humidity isn't really that much different from 95 degrees and 95 per cent humidity. It's all stinkin' hot...

I stay on-site because I'm a DVC member. I've stayed off-site twice, many years ago, but all trips since 2000 have been on-site. I'm sure there are many lovely off-site places, and there are wonderful on-site Disney resorts as well. I hesitate to say I'd never stay off-site (although I wouldn't!) because on so many of these threads, that's been interpreted as elitist, and I wouldn't mean that. It's much easier for me as a solo to take advantage of Disney offerings - transportation, on-site hotels, etc. as an on-site guest.

You'll have fun either way!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter