a big step trip report.....day 4

tetley02

Mouseketeer
We were up, fed and in the parks by about half 8ish, we agreed to do our own things so it was just me and my dd today! We did all the usual EMH rides this morning, probably 2 times each!

disney2008085.jpg

disney2008086.jpg

disney2008087.jpg

disney2008088.jpg

disney2008089.jpg

We then went to wait over at rope drop to the adventure land, there was a lady cast member called marie-pronounced mary. She asked my dd a few questions and asked would she like to do a special mission. My dd agreed only if I could come with her though. At rope drop, the lady cast member who was dressed as a pirate took us to POC and we went through the exit. My dd was given a treasure chest to keep hold of and told to keep it safe on our ride, we were given the first boat of the day on POC to our selves. My dd was a little nervous as she really though real pirates would be out to get her! It turned out this mission made her less scared of the ride and her favourite part is where the lady chases them man round in a circle with a broom!

At the end of the ride we got off and my dd was allowed to open the treasure chest, inside were 2 huge chocolate coins, my dd took 1 but pirate marie said she could have both. we have kept these as she cant eat chocolate. My dd was then made a pirate for the day and given a special POC pass, it enabled us to use the exit and go on the ride as many times as we liked that day! It also got us a free photo on the ride and 50 percent off a meal in the restaraunt which we didnt use as I knew the food wouldnt be what we would like.

After that we went for a look round the swiss family robinson tree house and the pirate ship.

disney2008090.jpg

disney2008091.jpg

disney2008092.jpg

disney2008093.jpg

disney2008094.jpg

We managed to find the indiana jones ride but much to my daughters disgust she was to short, maybe in a few years time eh!

We went off to BTM and had a go on that, then went over to phantom manor where we saw this odd couple

disney2008096.jpg

There was a man who was the same height as the tallest one, and he wasn't even on stilts. Does anyone know who these are?

After PM we saw Jack and Sally

disney2008097.jpg

We went back over for another go on BTM. this was where there was a scrum for Pinnocchio in his halloween costume. One little boy was stepped on and my daughter got a smack in the face off a fully grown man which left the imprint of his ring on her cheek. I am still sick to the stomach when I think of this and still don't know whether I should be telling disney about this or not.

We saw these who had to scrum!

disney2008098.jpg

We then went for our lunch at caseys corner, both had a hotdog meal, my dd only ate the chips though!

We went on Buzz, then went back to fantasy land where we went on snow white and more rides. then we used out pass to get on POC. When we came out we saw....

disney2008106.jpg

My dd was smitten with him, he made her say please captain before he would sign her book! She now loves pirates of the caribbean and wants some dvd's for xmas.

We saw more characters soon after

disney2008099.jpg

disney2008100.jpg

disney2008103.jpg

disney2008105.jpg

disney2008108.jpg

It was now that I realised my dd seemed desperate for the loo, she hadnt been all day and I now discovered why, she was afraid of the high water levels in the toilets! I went over to city hall and asked if they had toilets with normal water levels, they said the quickest thing to do would be to go to the disney hotel. i did and the cleaner was in, her uniform matched the tiles in the toilets these pics were just after the loos had been cleaned.

disney2008109.jpg

disney2008110.jpg

We then went to watch the parade and meet up with my cousin.

We had our character birthday party at 5. It was in the lucky nugget, it was less than half full, the atmosphere was dreadful, there was no music at all. the buffet was very basic, donuts, choc chip cakes, and a couple of other different types of cakes, then sweets. My dd loved the sweets. i liked the fact we could have as many cans of pop as we liked till they ran out! They brought a full birthday cake to each table, I was just expecting a slice. My dd liked the soft toy that sings happy birthday but I find it a little bit spooky. Before we left a couple of kids were up on the stage, it would have been nice to have a bit music playing for them to dance to! I definitley won't be in a rush to do the character birthday party again.

we left then did BTM again, and PM. then we went to watch candleabration, I do like the smart blue outfits the characters wear in this, but the effects are just not that great when it isnt really dark.

On our way back to the hotel I stopped off at the sandwich place in the village and got something savoury to eat (chicken tenders and fries). We got to sleep around 11 ish that night.

A great day for character-spotting Tetley :goodvibes .

Shame about your DD's experience with the Pinocchio scrum - but how yummy is Captain Jack Sparrow :love: ?

Interesting about Lucky Nugget and the whole birthday cake, we celebrated my DD2 birthday in there during the summer (evening meal) and the atmosphere was brilliant, food was great, service for drinks not so great. She had the birthday cake but it was only a slice each. She enjoyed Cafe Mickey for birthday celebrations much more than Lucky Nugget.

What a brilliant start to the day, getting picked for the special mission at POC. My DD1 would just love that! You got loads done & some great photos.

What a lot of characters you saw! That 'reward' on POTC was fantastic, so envious. :goodvibes

What a fab day for characters Tetley! Bless your DD - she looks so made up with Jack Sparrow :goodvibes

PS - I have to agree about Candleabration - was quite disappointed by it but do feel it would be better when dark!

What a shame about that man and your DD's face. Hope she soon managed to forget about it. :grouphug:

As for the POTC and the chocolate coins, what a wonderful example of Disney magic for you!! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter