• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A BIG Dream - Family of the Day!

Mr.Bubbles

Mouseketeer
We just returned from a 5 night stay at POFQ. We weren't sure what to expect after hearing about the YOMD. It turned out to be the most magical time we ever spent at WDW. The first day was a typical day at AK and EPCOT. Saw a few people with Dream Passes.

The next day on 11/7 we got to MK early. We thought it opened at 8 a.m. but it opended at 9 a.m. The CM at the turnstile said that only people with dining reservations were allowed in. We shrugged it off and decided to go take a few pictures and relax. We were in front of the Main Street Station taking pictures of our kids when a CM walked up and said she wanted to be in our picture. We played around taking pictures of her with our girls. Then she said to follow her. She took us through the turnstile and started talking to other CMs. She kept telling other CMs "They don't know anything". She put us on one of the old cars on Main Street and two CMs gave us a tour of the park with no one in it. They let us take pictures of the empty areas with our kids in them. Then they took us back to Toon Town. A few minutes later about a dozen characters came out to play with the girls. Mickey, Pluto, Stitch, Alice and many others that I have never seen like Clara Bell Cow. They all signed a certificate and took a group photo. We then all boarded the train that was parked there and rode to Main Street. We were told on the way that we were going to be the MK Family of the Day and would help Mickey open the park. Meanwhile, all of the characters played on the train. Stitch was especially out of control, jumping over seats while the train was moving and roughing up other characters! The kids were hysterical. We were given oversized confetti and given instructions about what we would need to do when we got to the main entrance. They introduced us along with Mickey and we did a countdown. After the opening we took several pictures and they gave us a voucher for free photos along with Honorary Citizen badges with Keys to the Kingdom on them. We went back to the turnstiles after the opening to thank the CM who chose us. She was so happy we had fun and then gave the girls each a Tinkerbell pin. The magic continued for days as people spoke to our girls in all of the different parks when they recognized them from the opening. They felt so special. :cheer2:

If that wasn't enough we received Dream Passes and YOMD lanyards with pins in MGM Studios. We also were chosen in Le Cellier to be the family for the day and were seated at a special table with activities, decorations, crowns and a certificate signed by all of the staff there.

It was a truly amazing trip. We saw lots of people throughout our stay with passes, ears and receiving special recognition. I hope those of you who are going soon get some special magic when you are there! :wizard:

I think I found out how to post some pictures so here are a few from the event.

This is at the Main Street Train Station platform for the countdown
MKopening.jpg

This is with the group before boarding the train in Toontown
100_2826.jpg

And here are a few more.

The CM who jumped in our picture and chose us for the dream
100_2798.jpg

Arriving at the train station with Mickey.
100_2836.jpg

Thank you so much for posting your story and pics... LOVE Delores, she is a lot of fun... Glad to hear that you had a great time... sounds like you had lots of Pixie Dust pixiedust:

What a great story!! The smiles on your kids' faces are wonderful!! I'm sure they will remember this day forever! :thumbsup2

That is so wonderful! It looks like you had an amazing time! Thanks for sharing the pics! Gave me goosebumps seeing them!

Absolutely gorgeous pictures! Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience!!!!

I saw when you posted this in the dreams thread, and I am so glad you made your own thread. This is a great story.

I am sure your girls will never forget it. They will be telling the story to their own kids when they go to WDW.

WE WERE THERE THAT DAY AND SAW YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And we were staying at POFQ too!
How wonderful for you!
We didn't have anything special happen (outside of the fact that we were at WDW :goodvibes) but did talk to a family who got a lanyard and pins as they were leaving Tom Sawyer Island. They were so excited.

I loved your pictures! I know your family will remember that special day forever!

cdrn1 I can't believe you were there on that day too! And at POFQ. It was funny, after we came down and were headed into Main Street we ran into a friend we had not seen in a long time from our hometown and she had seen us too. It was all very surreal.

I wish we were back there now. Re-entry is so hard.

Oh, wow! What a great story! And, I am so glad you posted your pictures, because I recognized Delores from when WE were picked as "Magic Gatekeepers" nearly 5 years ago - she was the CM who picked us to open the park, and I couldn't remember her name. So, I'm glad to have a name to associate with that wonderful memory now. :sunny:

Mr.Bubbles said:
cdrn1 I can't believe you were there on that day too! And at POFQ. It was funny, after we came down and were headed into Main Street we ran into a friend we had not seen in a long time from our hometown and she had seen us too. It was all very surreal.

I wish we were back there now. Re-entry is so hard.

IT IS a Small World After All!!!!!!!
I wish we were there too; you are soooooooooo right about the re-entry thing!
We commented on how pretty your girls are (we could see their beautiful eyes; we were standing directly in front of you, two chubby middle aged nurse friends!!!!), and how great it was that they pick families for something so special!

That is so cool. By sharing you've allowed us to be part of your special trip and part of a 'Million Dreams'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter