A Beautiful Surprise :)

Mamu

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
As you know I love gardening, I love plants the common and the unusual. None more then woodland plants. I have a passion for unusual shade plants.

I also love the peace of gardening. I am rewarded daily to lifes beauty when a new flower blooms.

Yesterday on a daily stroll through the gardens on the shady side of the house, looking to see the many task ahead as fall has approached. I am stopped dead in my tracks.

There is a plant that I planted back in June (before the heat and drought of the summer shut-me down), in full bloom. The most magnificant, delicate, exotic flowers of the Toad Lily.

I surely will plant more of these beautiful flowers next year.

"Variegated" Tricyrtis Hirta

What a delightful surprise for you Mamu! :) It really is lovely, and very different. :) A nice treasure to stumble upon!

I have ALWAYS wanted a toad lily!

Mamu.....how wonderful that it lasted through the drought. I have a side of my house that is predominently dry shade....perhaps this beauty would do fine there!

Thanks for sharing!

And I can't think of anyone more deserving of such a beautiful surprise......

:D

WOW! That is an amazing looking plant. Glad you got such a wonderful surprise. And it's growing in the north? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter