A Beautiful Day!

Snowwark

DIS Veteran
Finally, after too many rainy, cold, days, we had yesterday. Sunny, mid-sixties, a light breeze, it was beautiful!! :)

I planted a few new "Fanal" astilbes, removed some suckers from the climbing rose, did a long over-due trimming of our "Jackmanii" clematis ( that thing is going nuts!! lol), and cut the grass. It may not sound like a lot of work, but it's the most I've done since I can home from the hospital, and it felt WONDERFUL!! :)

I hope all the Buds who live in Southern Ontario were able to enjoy yesterday, the forecast for the rest of the week including the holiday weekend, doesn't look too promising. It's early yet, let's hope that changes! :)

How was the weather were you live?

Were you able to get any gardening done?

Kim :)

We had a sunny yet cool and windy day yesterday. I think today will be the same. My morning glory babies got smashed and bruised with some heavy rain we had earlier in the week. Going to pick up some seeds and shove 'em in the ground to relace what I lost. i also need to plant some day lilies and irises and cut the grass.

Kim very excited for you, must have felt good to get out into the yard.

My day sounds a lot like amids, cool, very windy. After many days of heavy (much needed) rain. Got out into the yard for a while.

This has been a crazy spring. Heat never ran all winter, comes spring it never shuts off. I usually have most of my plants in by now. Just starting to plant.

I did plant some salvia yesterday. Hoping to get most of the plants in over the week end. Need to order mulch. I think they are saing more rain this weekend.

I did a ton of gardening last weekend. It was the first sunny and reasonably warm day(s) we have had in a very long time. Because it has been so cold and dreary - I was WAY behind on my gardening activities from my normal schedule. I overdid it this weekend - because I was trying to get back on track. I did manage to get LOTs done. The vegetable garden is all in now, the containers are all planted up, and my walk way garden has been weeded. Now I just need to bring top soil in for my new flower beds and plant them up too. I have a bunch of roses and other plants temporarily heeled in in the main garden - waiting for me to get that done so they can be planted in their permanent homes. :)

Yeah! The sun came back in Wisconsin, too!

After I picked my daughter up from school, we headed straight for the backyard and enjoyed a couple of cold drinks & enjoyed the 70 degree weather.

I had great gardening plans for the afternoon. I rearranged some mulch over bare spots in a few of our flower beds. That was enough for my 5 year old -- much too tame! We spent the next hour picking out our favorite rocks from the rock garden and lining them up on a bench. Another hour on the play structure. Oh, well, she's only little for a short time -- I'm enjoying her company while I'm still the "cool" mommy.

Maybe today we'll go on a dandelion hunt!

beautiful_front.jpg

We had a lovely day yesterday!! A nice break from the bad weather! :)

Not much gardening, though I did manage to give the front yard a quick cut. :)

Yes, Kim, wasn't it just gorgeous yesterday! :sunny: It was so nice to go outside and putter around the garden and listen to the birds chirping. I just wish that it would stay that way for more than a day at a time!

I managed to get a lot of weeds pulled and the grass mowed but still have some new plants I bought for my shade garden to put in yet. I haven't even bothered buying the flowers for my planters yet because of the miserable weather. :(

Hopefully this will be the last weekend of it! :)

Julie, I haven't bought my containers plants yet, maybe this weekend. Yesterday was a nice reminder of the weather that's to come soon and stay!! :) (Fingers crossed!!)

Awwww MidwestPiglet, that is so sweet!! :) I hope your dandelion hunt goes well! :) :)

Kim :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter