"99" restaurant... tell me about it please.

Lorix2 said:
Also, - Bella the ball - the cheese offered with crackers are real cheddar mixed with real bleu cheese chunks...not cheese whiz.

They changed it :sad: I haven't been there for a long time but when I used to go it was the wheat crackers with the Port Wine cheese! They got me hooked! Now I buy the Kaukanna cheese and wheat thins trying to make up for what I can't have!

We love 99! So does our grandson. They're kid-friendly and have great food. Ours is only a couple of miles away. There is always at least a 30 minute wait. But, to us, it's worth it.

They have this low-carb blue-cheese-steakburger-salad dish that is absolutely the best salad I've ever had! Hmmm....maybe we'll do that tomorrow night for dinner.

OMG havne't thought about the 99 in years. Used to work in one in Billerica, MA

It USED to be good-sounds like it still is...

Lorix2 said:
Also, - Bella the ball - the cheese offered with crackers are real cheddar mixed with real bleu cheese chunks...not cheese whiz.

Well I have not been there since they changed b/c it used to be the stuff in the tub maybe not Cheese Whiz but one of those blended jobs like Kahkahuna. My husband is a broker for many gourmet cheese companies and whatever the stuff is it is one step up from Cheese Whiz. Either way the 99's we have visited have gone down down. We went to Burlington Ma, Salem NH, Nashua NH, New Bedford etc. I could go on and on. It used to be a once a week thing for us until the quality went down to the point it was not worth it. As to the cheese and crackers or pop corn many was the time we did not get either for whatever reason. I guess it is an okay place but I do not think it is up there with some of the other chain restaurants.

inaminute said:
They have this low-carb blue-cheese-steakburger-salad dish that is absolutely the best salad I've ever had! Hmmm....maybe we'll do that tomorrow night for dinner.

Just had one of these last night !

I really like the 99 - in my opinion, good food very reasonably priced. Really like the boneless chicken wings too !
As with any restaurant, everyone has good and bad experiences and different tastes. Give it a try and judge for yourself ! :teeth:

My DS6 and I had dinner at the "99" in Wilton (just outside Saratoga Springs) NY last night.

After taking our drink orders, the waitress asked if we wanted popcorn or the new ciabatta bread and dipping oil. I assumed DS would want the popcorn, but when he shook his head 'no,' I said "sure, I'll try the bread." I swear she never told us there was an extra 1.99 charge for the bread. :mad:

I did hear her mention the price when she offered it to other tables, so maybe I just missed it. Oh well, it was REALLY good bread and ds and I both enjoyed it. She did offer us another loaf to take home, wonder if that's included in the first charge? :confused3 Anyway, I declined, assuming the bread wouldn't be nearly as good if it wasn't warm.

DS was very well behaved and so I let him order the "upgrade" :cake: dessert called a mini midnight fudge hero for 99¢ more. We shared. :hug:

I had the country fried chicken and brought home almost half of it. Way too much food after the bread.

Its a (small) step up from fast food option :scared: & the kids like it :teeth:

Well, it opens up this week, and we are headed there. I'm sure it will be OK for us.

Papa Deuce said:
Well, it opens up this week, and we are headed there. I'm sure it will be OK for us.

We went to try it last week but realized it didn't open until tomorrow... we ended up going to Applebees (insert throwing up smilie here :teeth: )

kdibattista said:
We went to try it last week but realized it didn't open until tomorrow... we ended up going to Applebees (insert throwing up smilie here :teeth: )

Even my kids don't really like that Applebees. They do love LONGHORN, though!

I may go for lunch tomorrow just to be one of the very first people in the door.

Papa Deuce said:
Even my kids don't really like that Applebees. They do love LONGHORN, though!

I may go for lunch tomorrow just to be one of the very first people in the door.

Post a report please :thumbsup2

We have a 99 and it is one of the few restaurants that my whole family can agree upon. That is not saying a lot since my kids (10 and 8) aren't gourmets, but it certainly is better than McDonald's, Friendly's or Pizza Hut. The boys get their kids meals (grilled cheese for one, chicken strips for the other). DW can have soup and salad. I can get whatever. If you don't expect gourmet, then you won't be disappointed. Jay

kdibattista said:
Post a report please :thumbsup2

OK, a bunch of us went at lunch today. I have to say it was pretty darn good as far as the food quality. Some orders were messed up "slightly".... like the wrong cheese on a burger, one wrong soda.

I had a "taste" of some things and a cup of seafood chowder. The chowder was DELICIOUS. I also tried a "steakburger".... they don't call it a hamburger. So I thought "steakburger" was just a marketing thing. Then I tatsed it and right away I thought "This tatses like steak, not a hamburger". I was impressed.

I also had about 5 french fries.... eh, they were french fries... nothing special about them, but nothing bad either.

I also had a few of the nacho chips. Now THOSE were really good.

None of those thing like cheese and crackers or popcorn were served.

For the price I would say 8.5 outta 10. I would definitely go back. In fact maybe tomorrow, as my wife wants to go and take the kids.

Our old Ground Round is turning into a 99 also. (It's rather a relief because we had heard it was going to be a Hooters)

Thanks for the info. We love our Applebees. We're also getting a Bonefish Grill/ Outback so everyone is very happy.

The 99 was such a better restaurant about 10 years ago or so. It is better than Applebee's but IMO, Applebee's is the absolute WORSE restaurant ever. I would go without food before I would go to another Applebee's.

Most chains aren't great and the 99 is one restaurant that has been hurt by expansion.

JMO

AM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter