~~~~~~ 9/21/09 Booking Info Thread for 2011 Cruises ~~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desiree- You and Tracy are saying the same thing and you two would definitely know so the answer is Yes, those of us Silvers definitely are getting screwed on the deposit. :mad:

I was an original half pricer and was told I would have to do the $2400 for the 4 of us.
Now, before someone says "well you should have the money blah, blah, blah...." We are taking a 14 day cruise/trip to the Med next summer and paying for that first before I outlay that much for a 22 month away trip.

I am not sure why they decided to change it half way thru this booking period. I know that in the future I won't be able to put down $1800.00 on any cruise this far away.

I agree with both of you. I have the $2400, but I am not willing to let DCL hold my money for almost 2 years. I am willing to wait for the competition to release their cruises for 2011 and compare prices. If enough people put their foot down to this maybe the prices may even come down.

We have a quote request in to Dreams Unlimited, but I am not sure we will want to put out $1200 when we are traveling in a Cat. 11 cabin. That is 1/2 our total costs (or hopefully). We may have to give Alaska another thought, especially since airfare to Vancouver looks outrageous.

We have a quote request in to Dreams Unlimited, but I am not sure we will want to put out $1200 when we are traveling in a Cat. 11 cabin. That is 1/2 our total costs (or hopefully). We may have to give Alaska another thought, especially since airfare to Vancouver looks outrageous.

I agree regarding the deposit; however, you might want to check flying into Seattle instead of Vancouver. Its TONS cheaper for us!

Jodie

I agree with both of you. I have the $2400, but I am not willing to let DCL hold my money for almost 2 years. I am willing to wait for the competition to release their cruises for 2011 and compare prices. If enough people put their foot down to this maybe the prices may even come down.

Well I didn't think we were going to be able to pull it off, but my DH :love: worked it out and I now have the $$ for the deposit. It sure stinks though. I can say I won't be paying off the cruise till the end though, they already will have enough of my $$ by then.

I agree regarding the deposit; however, you might want to check flying into Seattle instead of Vancouver. Its TONS cheaper for us!

Jodie

Definitely check out Seattle...we are going to do that...it is almost a third of the cost of flying into Vancouver!

Does anyone know when we can actually begin to book to be on the Dream Ship in 2011, can we do that now? If we are a gold CC

Booking for the Dream probably won't be until November at the earliest. The next information on the Dream doesn't come our until Otober 29th. So it will be after that.

Does anyone know when we can actually begin to book to be on the Dream Ship in 2011, can we do that now? If we are a gold CC

Booking for the Dream probably won't be until November at the earliest. The next information on the Dream doesn't come our until Otober 29th. So it will be after that.

Ok thank you, so first sail date has yet to be announced?

I booked a cat. 11A on deck 7. Here is the price breakdown. This is for the May 14, 2011 TA.

Price Breakdown

Adult 1 Cruise Fare:$990.00
Adult 2 Cruise Fare:$990.00
Child 3 Cruise Fare:$657.00
Government Taxes & Fees (Cruise):$144.87
Total:$2,781.87

Hope this helps!

I called Disney..if you are on a curtesy hold until today, you are still at $300.00 pp if it is a brand new booking, it has gone up to $600 pp.

Thanks for the confirmation about the deposit amount for the new bookings - even though it's not really what I wanted to see! :laughing:

I had a CM AND my TA tell me that bookings on Monday will open up as regular bookings -- online and phone. :confused3

I sure hope that online booking will be available on the 28th because I refuse to be on hold for 2 hours + from the UK! :sad2:

I booked a cat. 11A on deck 7. Here is the price breakdown. This is for the May 14, 2011 TA.

Price Breakdown

Adult 1 Cruise Fare:$990.00
Adult 2 Cruise Fare:$990.00
Child 3 Cruise Fare:$657.00
Government Taxes & Fees (Cruise):$144.87
Total:$2,781.87

Hope this helps!

Well I didn't think we were going to be able to pull it off, but my DH :love: worked it out and I now have the $$ for the deposit. It sure stinks though. I can say I won't be paying off the cruise till the end though, they already will have enough of my $$ by then.

Definitely check out Seattle...we are going to do that...it is almost a third of the cost of flying into Vancouver!

There's lots so smiles in three households right now, we are looking to book the whole family on the 8/16/11 Alaska. All 7 of us will be flying in from three different cities.

We are looking at flying into Seattle. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle service from Seattle to Vancouver? We have used Super Shuttle several times but they don't operate in Seattle. Any info will be appreciated.

Barbara

I sure hope that online booking will be available on the 28th because I refuse to be on hold for 2 hours + from the UK! :sad2:

I have been told that I will be able to book my clients online - that being said, I am still going to call in as well just in case one is faster then the other (for the last set of repos - the system crashed) And being in on the West Coast that means a 4:30 AM wake up call! :surfweb:

I hope everyone gets what they want! :cheer2:

There's lots so smiles in three households right now, we are looking to book the whole family on the 8/16/11 Alaska. All 7 of us will be flying in from three different cities.

We are looking at flying into Seattle. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle service from Seattle to Vancouver? We have used Super Shuttle several times but they don't operate in Seattle. Any info will be appreciated.

Barbara

The Vancouver FAQ thread has some information about transportation between Seattle and Vancouver. There is a bus/coach service, or there is an Amtrak train that runs once a day. As has been noted there, DO NOT plan to fly into Seattle the day of the cruise, traffic can be funny and the boarder can be delayed. I guess with the bus you get off at the boarder, do customs, and get back on. With Amtrak you get off in Vancouver and do customs.

The Vancouver FAQ thread has some information about transportation between Seattle and Vancouver. There is a bus/coach service, or there is an Amtrak train that runs once a day. As has been noted there, DO NOT plan to fly into Seattle the day of the cruise, traffic can be funny and the boarder can be delayed. I guess with the bus you get off at the boarder, do customs, and get back on. With Amtrak you get off in Vancouver and do customs.

Thanks for the info, being 7 of us it's going to be a major expedition.

Barbara

Question for you experts... If you book online, can you do a courtesy hold for a couple days, or do you have to put down a credit card deposit immediately?

Final Payment Due for Alaska Cruises: suites 150 days; non-suites 120 days.

Does this mean that suites may be able to book Palo/shorex at 150 days if final payment is due then?

Question for you experts... If you book online, can you do a courtesy hold for a couple days, or do you have to put down a credit card deposit immediately?

YOu have the same hold as on the phone...3 days.

Final Payment Due for Alaska Cruises: suites 150 days; non-suites 120 days.

Does this mean that suites may be able to book Palo/shorex at 150 days if final payment is due then?

Suites have always been able to book things prior to other cabins. The new time frame I am not sure of.

DH got a tidbit from a knowledgable CM today. Suite holds are 24 hours. IC holds are 3 days. Meaning any IC holds for rooms from Monday, the deposit would be due today. So, I would expect a fair amount of IC holds to open up tomorrow.

I called today, and there are four Cat t (old cat 3) available on the July 5 Alaska.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter