8th Anniversary at WDW

PLUTO2

Mouseketeer
My husband and I will be spending our 8th anniversary at WDW. Does Disney (resorts,restaurants,etc...) do anything special if they know it is your anniversary? Any tips to make things special?We spent our honeymoon at WDW and just think its great we are able to be there for our anniversary.:p
Thanks for all your help!

We stayed at the Polynesian for our one year anniversary and got a card and a rose from the staff in our room. My parents spent their 30th wedding anniversary at the GF and were given champagne congratulating them.

However, the general rule of thumb is to not expect anything. Sometimes you're surprised, but it is not a guarantee. Just be sure to mention that you're celebrating when you make the reservation and again when you check in. Also, you can do this when you make your PS's. My parents got a complimentary dessert at Cindy's for their anniversary.

Again, don't expect it.....but if it happens, it's all the more magical!

Congrats!!!

DW and I will also be spending our 8th anniversary at the world in 4 days. Me recommendation is to mention it as often as you can when making ressies and PS's. Also, look into the "rehitchin ceremony" at the Garden Grill in Epcot. You get rehitched with Mickey, and others there to witness. Heard it is a lot of fun and free with your meal.

We spent our 8th anniversary at WDW too in April. We had dinner at Le Cellier (Canada) at Epcot. When dessert came the chef had written 'Happy Anniversary' in chocolate sauce on our plate. After dinner we went to Pleasure Island. We went to the comedy club and 'The Adventurers Club'. They were so much fun. We loved the Adveturers Club the best.

We went to the Adventurers Club on our honeymoon and thought it was better and funner than the other clubs:D Does anyone know more information about the rehitchin ceremony at the Garden Grill? Ratpack are you doing that for your anniversary?(Happy Anniversary)

Pluto2,

Yes, DW and I are doing the rehitchin ceremony. It is at the Garden Grill in Epcot. When you make PS for it, the CM may not be aware of it since the GG does it and not Disney. What happens is one of the waiters or CM does a takeoff of a wedding ceremony while Mickey and friends attend. Then I heard they make you kiss until the count of 100. But don't worry, they start wit 1,2,3,4,....10 then 20,30,40,......100. You also get a certificate and other CM's will take pictures with your camera and I hope video. Hope that helps and Happy Anniversary to you and yours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter