• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

$89 moderate

I believe the moderates are priced at $99 during October because that is part of "regular season" as opposed to "value season". My guess is that you would receive the $89 rate if you were going in November or December (with the exception of the time around Thanksgiving).

The value season thing would make sense, except I was able to get WL for $129 (which is the best I've EVER seen)

One would think the moderates would have deep deep discounts too. Oh-well, I'm not complaining...just trying to make sense of it :-)

I booked CRB for last week in semp. and got the 89$ rate by using a code. I am sure that It was in the value season dates. good luck. Lisa

I booked using code CVZ I got that code off a post here on this board but I think it is also posted at mousesavers. Lisa

I had PO-R standard view at the $89 rate for Nov. 8th and 9th using the code from Mousesavers. I cancelled that reservation on Sunday when I was able to replace it with the Animal Kingdom at the AP rate.

I called last night to try for the 89. rate for November 14 - 19 (which is value season) with Mary's new code. They said that the best rate with that code was 99. Help!!!!!! I really want to get the 89. rate. Any suggestions.

I got an $89 rate for October. However, when you add tax, it comes to $99.

Could that be your difference?

Hi Kelly and John...thanks for responding.

The rate I've got is $110.00 after taxes...$99 base rate. This is at POR for 3 nights the last week in October.

Is that for a standard or water view? I believe the water view is usually $10 higher??????

To clarify...my rate for mid Nov. is $99 without tax for a standard view. Has anyone done better for this time of year (value season)?

Remember that there are only so many rooms available at particular rates, whether they are discount codes, AP rates, DC rates. So maybe all the rooms at the $89 rate are gone.

We tried to use a code from Mary's site at AKL for one night in September. The CM did not have any rooms at that rate available ($174), but did find us one at $199.

I would make the ressies at $99, then just keep checking Mary's site for new discounts. You can always cancel the first ressie. But you don't want to loose out on that rate too.

Good luck.

wow...thats kind of what happened to me when I made ressies using a code. There weren't any rooms at $149 but there were rooms at $164. They wouldn't be pulling the ol' bait and switch....would they? $10. here $20. there....it could add up.

I just used one of those codes today and was able to get Coronado Springs for $89 from Dec. 11th-16th and the Wilderness Lodge for $129 for Dec. 16th-20th. Both prices are without tax. Maybe it just depends on which moderate you ask for. I am really excited about both deals!

HELP!!! I wanted to go to CSR 10/4/01 but two calls so far and they say those codes are at $110 a night. Anybody have any success, help, ideas? I want to go back to WDW!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter